http://buildingtheu.com

Advertisement
^ You should fly a banner, you could have it pulled by a black helicopter.

Says the guy with Goldens **** in his mouth, and Blake's wife's **** in his ***.......

People who want to make a statement should know the facts before being manipulated into a fundraiser for the AD. For example, if i knew this money was going to the Miami athletic department, and not say a buyout fund or stadium fund, I would not only not contribute, but I'd encourage others not to.

nope. won't donate. we don't lose because of practice facilities. we lose because we have hired corchs for 10 years now.

Having a nearby, intimate stadium of our own is one of the few things (outside of hiring an elite Head Coach) that can actually save Miami football. It would do wonders.

Advertisement
inb4 this turns into a hilariously mismanaged slush fund that will do absolutely nothing for the University

Anyone who donates to this, or any other "charity" or cause, without having complete transparency of the money, where it's going, who's managing it ect. is just a sucker.

Just look at how many athlete's have "foundations" that just become a way to funnel money to their friends and family and then write it off.

This is reckless and I'm surprised the University hasn't sued them for putting their logo all over it.

inb4 this turns into a hilariously mismanaged slush fund that will do absolutely nothing for the University

Anyone who donates to this, or any other "charity" or cause, without having complete transparency of the money, where it's going, who's managing it ect. is just a sucker.

Just look at how many athlete's have "foundations" that just become a way to funnel money to their friends and family and then write it off.

This is reckless and I'm surprised the University hasn't sued them for putting their logo all over it.

The university probably has a hand in it to backdoor their way into some of the money they are losing from direct donations

The university probably has a hand in it to backdoor their way into some of the money they are losing from direct donations

Seeing how harsh the University has been on those who question their ways, it seems odd that they would want to be involved in something that basically says the athletic department and the marketing department are incompetent and need a former player to fundraise for them.

Advertisement
LULZ at blindly trusting a guy to do the right thing when:
1. He's publicly and loudly voiced approval and support for Folden;
2. He has no plan at all in place, or hasn't delineated it to donors if he does have one, which means he could use your money for anything including a billboard to support Folden;
3. He stated in an interview that he could buy women's sports gear with the money if they need it.

I'm sure he's a good honorable dude, but you guys are nuts taking a chance on that sort of thing just because the guy played football here 30 years ago.

After seeing his purposeful ignoring of direct questions to him about it on twitter, I honestly believe he's doing work for the AD. Seems like a whole manipulation to get people to donate to UM during this PR crisis they have.

If you recall the original idea he had was to build a stadium fund. Other than a "hire Butch Davis fund", there isn't a better topic to lure fans into your cause than the false promise of a new stadium.

Once he got people interested, he's suddenly got these vague goals, all of which seem like a general UM fund. The whole thing REEKS of shadiness.

Way too vague, but people prey on dopes with this sort of stuff all the time. Guys want to hand money to Highsmith because he used to play here even though there's no set of plans in place for what he's going to do with the money. LULZ

Yeah, the idea of giving UM unconditional money for athletics is just horribad, given their recent track record. I haven't seen much evidence that genuine poverty is the problem. If he's raising money so that they can achieve specific goals -- which necessarily include good coaches -- I could be convinced.
That is exactly what he plans on doing. He will not "give them money". He will build it his way. I wish he was our AD. fwiw

What do you think this website/donation push is for? He is attempting to position himself as a viable athletic director candidate for the next president.

I would be careful with any charitable organization. Donations can easily be mismanaged and misappropriated especially since there is no clear purpose articulated so far.

Last edited:
I think this may need it's own thread as a warning to people who may be suckered.

Zo has a lawyer behind this and is being very cautious to state that the money will go to UM Athletics. It is NO DIFFERENT FROM THE GENERAL ATHLETIC FUND.

It is NOT INTENDED TO BE A STADIUM FUND, and will support the women's track athletes as much as it does anything else.

It WILL NOT BE USED TO BUY OUT GOLDEN OR GET A NEW COACH......

It is a manipulation to circumvent the backlash of fans who said they don't want to buy tix or donate. A classic bait and switch, where he says very early on that it's for a "stadium", and then once the fund is ready to receive donations, it's really just a general athletic fund.

If you have planned on boycotting UM financially, DO NOT GIVE TO ALONZO'S FUND

I feel the same way.

Advertisement
Donated and set a monthly recurring. If I can buy starbucks for me and my assistant daily I can spend at least a week's worth of that on the U every month.

"All funds raised will be donated to University of Miami athletics, the money will be used to improve facilities as dictated* by athletic director."

And that's when I put the credit card away. Love Zo but he needs to approach this differently. Create an independent version of the Hurricane Club. We hear a ton of BS excuses around here about earmarked donations not being able to be diverted to athletics. Well Zo needs to raise the money and specifically dictate its use. Everyone knows these fools will never turn down a check.

Last edited:
Donated and set a monthly recurring. If I can buy starbucks for me and my assistant daily I can spend at least a week's worth of that on the U every month.

And you just got had by Blake James and company. Money is not going to be used for anything but status quo. Consider yourself a sucker.

Advertisement
"All funds raised will be donated to University of Miami athletics, the money will be used to improve facilities as dictated* by athletic director."

And that's when I put the credit card away. Love Zo but he needs to approach this differently. Create an independent version of the Hurricane Club. We hear a ton of BS excuses around here about earmarked donations not being able to be diverted to athletics. Well Zo needs to raise the money and specifically dictate its use. Everyone knows these fools will never turn down a check.

I hadn't seen that. So this is actually WORSE than just giving your money directly to the university, because it gives Blake James the Alonzo Highsmith Seal of Approval whenever he spends it.

this is a good idea, but i believe they need to provide a lot more information on the website. who is involved? who is on the board? how is the money going to be used? etc.

Well there you have it. Welcome to the Doublecross Ranch.

UM and its shills will stop at nothing when it comes to ****ing in fans' eyes.

Advertisement
Back