http://buildingtheu.com

He supports Folden. Accordingly, I can't support him or his cause.

I've chosen to withhold from UM because they support Folden. I can't turn around and give money to another outfit without any plan in place that also supports Folden. Sounds like UM Jr. to me.

Advertisement
Frankly, that he does not say "football players" instead of "athletes" and "football team" instead of "sports program" is enough to make me need more information.

Did you read the last line of before the donate button?

All donations will be going towards the University of Miami Football Program.

That's funny because a couple weeks ago he said he could see a scenario where the women's volleyball team needed new equipment, and his fund could pay for it.

Ironic he's being questioned, but yet some of you blindly gave money for a "banner" not knowing if it would happen or not...telling.

I love Alonzo Highsmith and what he is trying to do.

I also can't help but notice that he went public with this site a week after we lost to Pitt, and fans started talking about withholding donations until Golden was gone. It's hard to raise funds for the practice field stuff that Blake James is always saying he wants if nobody will donate to the school.

I love Alonzo Highsmith and what he is trying to do.

I also can't help but notice that he went public with this site a week after we lost to Pitt, and fans started talking about withholding donations until Golden was gone. It's hard to raise funds for the practice field stuff that Blake James is always saying he wants if nobody will donate to the school.

As the saying goes, you have to spend money to make money.

Advertisement
Put up or shut up! Quick to raise money for a useless billboard or a silly banner, but make excuses when it comes to a real cause. Lol

Man Alonzo is one person who you all should know without question bleeds orange and green. He might not publicly call for Golden's head because he too wants the schools support for this campaign to raise millions. You can't burn bridges like fans do if you want to accomplish something of this magnitude.

Ironic he's being questioned, but yet some of you blindly gave money for a "banner" not knowing if it would happen or not...telling.

Glad you said it!

**** if I said it, the despicable bast**ds posing, posting and running this pos site would have banned me. LOL LIGAS

Last edited:
Man Alonzo is one person who you all should know without question bleeds orange and green. He might not publicly call for Golden's head because he too wants the schools support for this campaign to raise millions. You can't burn bridges like fans do if you want to accomplish something of this magnitude.

That's what a real FAN says!

Advertisement
I gave. And will continue to give as I can. They can't ignore him and these funds.
Anyone who truly wants to make a difference should consider this avenue. Of course,
if you just want to sit here *****ing with your wallet closed you're going to have to
explain to me how this isn't the same sort of insanity you accuse the administration of.

Same here. Gotta trust problem? Contact the attorney http://www.wrflalaw.com/

Please support this Cane. Nothing will speak louder than him walking around deciding to place cash into athletics and NOT university bull****. I TRUST him. He is the first Cane and a true warrior

He's also a grown man now with his own agenda. Frankly, I find it insulting that people think that a stadium and practice lights are why we are bad, and not 3 consecutive wretched head coaches.

He really needs to put exactly what he is raising money for on the website.
He needs to list like 20 things that this money could possibly go toward.

Advertisement
If he really wants momentum, he should specifically call it a coaching fund, used to pay competitive salaries for elite coaches.

Anything else makes this NO DIFFERENT from the football victory fund, and frankly, could manipulate fans into donating towards an AD they wish to boycott.

Put up or shut up! Quick to raise money for a useless billboard or a silly banner, but make excuses when it comes to a real cause. Lol

LMAO, yeah give them money to make another pillar billboard... **** our fans are stupid. smh

He's also a grown man now with his own agenda. Frankly, I find it insulting that people think that a stadium and practice lights are why we are bad, and not 3 consecutive wretched head coaches.

Any Good/Great coach wants to see the investment into the football program by fans/alumni and administration. The bells and whistles of a program and a competitive salary are some of things agents look at when guiding their clients to one program over another.

Last edited:
Advertisement
LULZ at blindly trusting a guy to do the right thing when:
1. He's publicly and loudly voiced approval and support for Folden;
2. He has no plan at all in place, or hasn't delineated it to donors if he does have one, which means he could use your money for anything including a billboard to support Folden;
3. He stated in an interview that he could buy women's sports gear with the money if they need it.

I'm sure he's a good honorable dude, but you guys are nuts taking a chance on that sort of thing just because the guy played football here 30 years ago.

LULZ at blindly trusting a guy to do the right thing when:
1. He's publicly and loudly voiced approval and support for Folden;
2. He has no plan at all in place, or hasn't delineated it to donors if he does have one, which means he could use your money for anything including a billboard to support Folden;
3. He stated in an interview that he could buy women's sports gear with the money if they need it.

I'm sure he's a good honorable dude, but you guys are nuts taking a chance on that sort of thing just because the guy played football here 30 years ago.

After seeing his purposeful ignoring of direct questions to him about it on twitter, I honestly believe he's doing work for the AD. Seems like a whole manipulation to get people to donate to UM during this PR crisis they have.

If you recall the original idea he had was to build a stadium fund. Other than a "hire Butch Davis fund", there isn't a better topic to lure fans into your cause than the false promise of a new stadium.

Once he got people interested, he's suddenly got these vague goals, all of which seem like a general UM fund. The whole thing REEKS of shadiness.

Advertisement
Back