HS Transfer Rumors Swirling Around

RyanBartow247 ‏@RyanBartow 15m

Roger Harriott has resigned as head coach of Fort Lauderdale (FL) University School HS as he'll be pursuing an assistant coaching job at FAU

Interesting... A person usually does not quit their current job until they have another one in the bag, i.e. Another contract signed with a start date. This whole story about pursuing an FAU job sounds fishy... So if he doesn't get it, then what? Coach pee wee's...?

Sounds like they are pulling the plug on the U school (scholarship) football program... I imagine it was costing them close to $1 million a year...

$25 k per student athlete / 25 free ships (fresh, soph, JR's and sr's) = 625k
Coaches another 200k
Equipment, facilities, travel, etc. 100+ k

When U-School first started their program I had a slight feeling this was going to happen.

I said to myself...

"How are all these rich white kids/parents gonna feel when Harriott starts bringing in all these brothas and paying their way while the other kids ride pine?"

Advertisement
Was just told the transfers aren't offcial.

Those guys are going to STA. Bruce, Scarlett, Boyce, and Causey

As far as what it means for UM. We lead for Causey and him going to STA only makes its better. Bruce its too far away right no. He is only a sophomore. Will probably be a UM/FSU battle

Boyce isnt a Miami type kid cause of size. Phenomenal HS player though. I think Scarlett is a Nole

Boyce committed to Duke today

if a player goes to FAU by choice, that player most likely will not qualify at a university that requires a GPA above 2.0

if a player goes to FAU by choice, that player most likely will not qualify at a university that requires a GPA above 2.0

No way do I think he sticks but this isnt about grades

I was implying that if you end up going to FAU by choice while you have other better options you must be so retarded that most likely you won't be able to quality at any other school

but I do think this is something where its based on emotion and the coach pushing but the kid will settle down and realize if he wants to actually end up at the NFL he needs to look elsewhere

Advertisement
its crazy the sitution at U SCHOOL...with TWO FORMER CANES On staff....with Chad Wilson and Kevin Beard and a bunch of proo um guys.

Their HC is an sta guy....who is also PRO UM in Roger Harriot....its just confusing to me..

And before people jump on the Chad Wilson...dude is a cane fan still imo...was a good dude when i met him...its just seems to be a wierd situation...oh well its No Frio's recruiting grounds any way maybe he just aint feeling the atmosphere.

We definately need the Causey kid as he is a LEGIT cb if i ever saw one...hes my #1 target as far as next years cb goes...kid is ready to play for us as a jr imo.

But this transfer stuff comes up around this time every year...i doubt those kids bounce...and it wouldnt even matter as U School recruits harder than STA...and their football team put that school on the map their not about to let that go.....you really think their bout to charge "those" kids 7k a year to go to U school?

I don't know whether USchool will start charging everyone to attend, but I've heard that a lot of the parents of the kids at USchool are not very pleased that they are paying the full load and their kids are not seeing the playing field, and that those folks have been very vocal in their disdain for giving scholarships to kids who keep their kids off the field.

This. I heard this back in 2012 about these rumblings. Guess it finally came true.

Parents of kids paying $20K plus per year, football or not, are not happy about "freebies".

Yea they should have found a way to get those kids on the field... Some kids were even going both ways... No excuse... It's a small school... Give them kids some burn especially since they're paying for the athletes...

Causey and Gibson will be sitting there with Mike Rumph as their head coach, and both has declared themselves Canes fans in the past. No excuses.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back