Howard News

So a kid getting frustrated cuz he's trying learn to play within a system and then it's being made out to be a big deal with Coach D and him. Sounds like growing pains to me.

/Lol at the dopes calling for Coach D's head over the spat.

Hmmm interview after Miami boards call him and coach d out..Coincidence???

Why do you always try to stir **** up now? You didn't use to be so feminine.

Advertisement
i think the article definitely confirms what maxcane (?) reported a few days ago. the kid had difficulty adjusting to college football and acknowledged: "“Everything hasn’t been smooth sailing. We’ve [coach D'O and howard] had some rough times. But we still go to bat for each other.”

ok, the kid is not on the verge of transferring, but certainly he had trouble accepting the coaching and doing it another person's way.

So a kid getting frustrated cuz he's trying learn to play within a system and then it's being made out to be a big deal with Coach D and him. Sounds like growing pains to me.

Its therapy..Never have had such low expectations for a team... Even though we sucked under shannon. I always was at least hyped at the beginning of the season..The green tree all americans. Kirk Herbstreit.. Somebody always picked us to go 9-3 10-2 challenging for the ACC..this year I knew we were gonna suck *** ..I predicted 4-8.. and its going to come true...I have nothing else brah..I'm a broken man

He will be a great player here.

98.gif

Advertisement
I don't get it. Aren't there enough dudes in Miami with FBS experience willing to coach high-school. There's more D1 football players in Miami than in any other city in the country and it seems like there's not a decent coach in the city.

From his quotes, it doesn't seem to say his high school coaches were bad; just that he had more leeway. So maybe he was being taught well in regards to how to use his hands, feet, etc, but they let him free lance/decide what type of coverage he wanted to play (press, soft, etc) a little more b/c his talent was so much better than most of the people he was playing. Now that he is on more equal ground, he probably needs to take more direction from the coaches and probably just isnt used to not being able to essentially audible his own coverage.

Its therapy..Never have had such low expectations for a team... Even though we sucked under shannon. I always was hyped at the beginning of the season.. Somebody always picked us to go 9-3 10-2..this year I predicted 4-8.. and its going to come true...I have nothing else brah..I'm a broken man

I suggest we make a "Blackvern Therapy" thread where you can dog the team, players, and university at your will. That way you can keep it out of constructive threads.

I said it in the other thread, Howard has to learn how to be a collegiate football player. No doubt that he can become a true lock down corner for this team but that is not the scheme right now. He has be agile enough to adjust and that will come with experience.

Didn't think it was a big deal when maxcane made the thread and this article reinforces how I was feeling. Things happen in football. It's a physical game and players and coaches get into it all the time. Does it mean the coach is an ***.hole who the players hate and the player is overrated and can't accept coaching? No. Howard will be just fine and I'll continue to believe the players respect coach D until proven otherwise.

Howard should continue to improve throughout the season and we'll definitely need him to.

Advertisement
I enjoyed reading the interview because it gave me some incite into Tracy and his experiences so far - some of his ups, his downs, that he was "timid" in some situations and "happy" in others. He spoke of how he has learned a tremendous amount about football and suggested that some of his experiences and some of his interactions with the staff have been a bit rocky. The article is primarily about Tracy and gives a refreshing (to me) glimpse into his life and his feelings.

Then I read the comments, and they are mostly, directly or indirectly, about the coaches. Can we ever have a discussion about anything other than the coaches without getting dragged back to the same old "Johnny One-note" stuff. I agree that the coaches and the coaching are important topics, but, to me, the kids are interesting also.

Last edited:

Who do you think will end up a better player here, If you had to pick.

Crawford or Howard

I like them both a lot but Crawford has more speed. Both guys appear to be mentally tough gamers but they will be tested in the coming weeks.

This is progress. When was the last time we had 2 legit corners that this question was posed? Normally we would be discussing what Safety needs to be moved to Corner to fill a void.

Who do you think will end up a better player here, If you had to pick.

Crawford or Howard

I am pretty optimistic about both of them. Remember that Crawford only switched to CB at the beginning of his senior year. I have learned that whatever evaluations (my own included) the kids come in with are suspect. I will enjoy (I hope) watching both of them develop.

Advertisement
Tracy will be fine, just needs to adjust his style to the process. I remember Paul Johnson talking about how if a player visits another school he pulls there offer and how he doesnt like how other coaches recruit his commits. Well Golden stole Crawford i think a week before signing day from Paul Johnson. Should be interesting how much that plays into him trying to run up the score if we can't stop their offense.

Advertisement
There is a difference between getting great high school coaching, which relatively speaking on a South Florida scale Howard got at Miramar, and college coaching, ESPECIALLY at a position like corner. A talent like Howard in high school is basically given a receiver to shut down or a general area in a zone and he can rely on his natural ability. College coaching is more about technique and specifically playing the technique required to play within the more complex and varied schemes. A lot of the time a guy with Howard's talent hasnt needed to be precise in his technique and it may feel unnatural to him. Playing bump and run man to man on a high school player and walking backwards for three steps making reads 7 yards off the ball in cover 3 are extremely different things.

Most men have a difficult time accepting constructive criticism and react very defensively - it's an example of how emotional we can be

Am I the only one who read this thread title and thought:

Lisa Glasberg takes ***** at work
Takes ***** at work
Takes ***** at work

Advertisement
Back