Howard News

Advertisement
Either he's telling the truth or he has a future in politics.

Encouraging nonetheless.

At least he is saying the right thing. If there's beef between him and Coach D, he's at least not bringing it into the public eye. Also, by his words, it seems like there is some credence to the player(s) not playing where/how they are supposed to.

Hmmm

Reading between the lines, he clearly thinks Coach D is an oppressive tyrant and he'll likely transfer after this season.....

Q: Can you talk more about what the adjustment has been like?

"Coach D’Onofrio is a great coach, great defensive coordinator. He knows his stuff. He’s taught me so much about football. I really didn’t think there was so much I didn’t know about football coming in."

Q: What’s been the biggest adjustment so far for you?

A: “It ain’t really too different competition wise. It’s just been really loud on the field. That and coaching. I came from a high school where they coached me well, but they really gave me a lot of leeway. I wouldn’t say it was my defense, but I kind of did my own thing sometimes.

“In college, you’ve got to go by what the coach says, so that was kind of different for me, adjusting to that, telling me when to play off, when to press and what coverage to run, things like that. I think that was the biggest adjustment for me, not having as much leeway as I had in high school. But it’s no problem because I can take coaching very well.”

Well Bye....jpg

/JK hope this is true

Advertisement
24/7 had some good info

A recent disagreement with D’Onofrio resulted in Howard being demoted to the scout team for a practice this week.

“It was hard, still adjusting a little bit,” Howard said of adjusting D‘Onofrio‘s coaching. “I think I’m into the final steps right now of adjustment. I have learned a lot of the things since I’ve been here. Everything hasn’t came easy. Everything has came hard, even harder than I expected to be honest sometimes, but coach D’Onofrio is a great coach, a great defensive coordinator. He knows his stuff

D’Onofrio and Howard spoke for over 20 minutes following Monday’s practice

Senior cornerback Brandon McGee, who has had his fair share of ups and downs throughout his career at UM, has given Howard advice on dealing with D’Ofofrio, who is known as a fiery, vocal coach.

“I just tell him to accept coaching,” McGee said.

take it as you want

:crownpour:

A lot of kids never really get counsel, as Tracy alluded to. If he is listening and taking this kind of attitude, I have even higher hopes and expectations for him. I bet it has been a long time since he wasn't first team at whatever level he was playing. If the kid has pride and guts, which I believe he does, a little stint on the scout team will simply motivate him further. I am really excited to see what this kid will evolve into over the next few years.

Advertisement
How much coaching do elite talents need in hschool. Hey lock down there best player is all the coach has to say

Advertisement
So a kid getting frustrated cuz he's trying learn to play within a system and then it's being made out to be a big deal with Coach D and him. Sounds like growing pains to me.

/Lol at the dopes calling for Coach D's head over the spat.

I don't get it. Aren't there enough dudes in Miami with FBS experience willing to coach high-school. There's more D1 football players in Miami than in any other city in the country and it seems like there's not a decent coach in the city.

So a kid getting frustrated cuz he's trying learn to play within a system and then it's being made out to be a big deal with Coach D and him. Sounds like growing pains to me.

/Lol at the dopes calling for Coach D's head over the spat.

Hmmm interview after Miami boards call him and coach d out..Coincidence???

Advertisement
I don't get it. Aren't there enough dudes in Miami with FBS experience willing to coach high-school. There's more D1 football players in Miami than in any other city in the country and it seems like there's not a decent coach in the city.

WTF? Miramar coaches have won 2 championships in last 5 years and played for 3? Is this real life? How good do you want them to be?ALmost EVery single one of his players are balling in college and have been successful

WTF? Miramar coaches have won 2 championships in last 5 years and played for 3? Is this real life? How good do you want them to be?ALmost EVery single one of his players are balling in college and have been successful

Except for the 5 star we managed to sign

jk

Advertisement
Back