How would bad weather affect the game?

it benefits them..we dont have a power run game and our rb racks up alot of yards..jump cutting and cutting back against the grain.

Cutting against grain might help us. One cutback can create advantage for us when whole defensive flow has to cut back to catch our RB. Their redirections might always be slower and behind that of our RBs. Our RBs don't seem all that jukey, they seem to make minimal cuts into daylight and they go. At least that's my impression. I have to tell you that I haven't seen any of our games this season in entirety. My characterization might be more accurate for Homer than Walton. Homer doesn't seem to do as much change of direction as Walton. Just big and fast.

I haven't seen anything of FSU since Bama other than highlights.

Advertisement
If we win toss we should not defer and take ball first. Try to score first and jump out ahead. Force them to pass and rely on that QB.

But, frankly, I don't know which they are weaker at--running the ball or passing. I want to force that QB to try to beat us.

Good point, but we should always defer if we win the toss. Let the defense get on the field first and force a quick three-and-out and set the tone on Blackman early.

a19982271f43387d73c796880147ed23.png

c58792a78d1a55cfc968a61b6262ea9f.gif

Screen Shot 2017-10-06 at 7.40.25 PM.jpg

Wind looks manageable. Either way time to sack up and win a game. Any external factor that limits our offense is of course a benefit to them as they will already be limited offensively. Both teams have great defenses. However, as a retort:

[video=youtube;JMpAsVsHDlg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMpAsVsHDlg[/video]

Let's get it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If we win toss we should not defer and take ball first. Try to score first and jump out ahead. Force them to pass and rely on that QB.

But, frankly, I don't know which they are weaker at--running the ball or passing. I want to force that QB to try to beat us.

Good point, but we should always defer if we win the toss. Let the defense get on the field first and force a quick three-and-out and set the tone on Blackman early.
Can't argue with that. One reason to take the ball first would be if we have reason to believe weather will be deteriorating during the game. That can happen. I would want to get our hands on the ball early while the weather is better to take full advantage of all our weapons. I'd love a quick strike to AR, take the crowd out of the game and force Blackman to try and beat us. I recall Garvin chasing Blackman all around the field in that HS championship game. I'd like to flush him and put a lot of hits on him. Of course, that plays into your strategy of giving them the ball first and force three and out.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00TD using Tapatalk

Can't argue with that. One reason to take the ball first would be if we have reason to believe weather will be deteriorating during the game. That can happen. I would want to get our hands on the ball early while the weather is better to take full advantage of all our weapons. I'd love a quick strike to AR, take the crowd out of the game and force Blackman to try and beat us. I recall Garvin chasing Blackman all around the field in that HS championship game. I'd like to flush him and put a lot of hits on him. Of course, that plays into your strategy of giving them the ball first and force three and out.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00TD using Tapatalk

We need to make Blackman beat us whether we take the ball and score or not

Last edited:
Advertisement
Rainy game shifts the burden to the running game.. If we win it's because Walton finally stepped up against a big opponent and has a career day!! I know he wants it!! They all want it!! Step it up Mark!! #LETSGOCANES !!!

View attachment 51202

Wind looks manageable. Either way time to sack up and win a game. Any external factor that limits our offense is of course a benefit to them as they will already be limited offensively. Both teams have great defenses. However, as a retort:

[video=youtube;JMpAsVsHDlg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMpAsVsHDlg[/video]

Let's get it.

YESSSSSS!!!!!!!! THAT WAS 17 YEARS AGO TO THE DAY!!! LETS GO CANES!!!!!

Advertisement
Back