How winning the Coastal could hurt the program

Advertisement
OP your logic is flawed.
Colts sucked for a known quantity in Luck that they were guaranteed to get.
Who would we be sucking for? There is no guarantees. We would be at the mercy of the admin that selected the previous 3 HC's.

So we should all be rooting for Golden to win the coastal. I think it's a fair assumption by most that unless Golden changes something we aren't winning anything. So winning the coastal would more than likely mean Golden changed and/or made adjustments. Which would go against your concern that he is not willing to do so.

Here is the logic. D'Nofrio is like a recurring infection if you will. Winning the Coastal this season would serve as the medicine that causes the infection to "seem" like its getting better, giving false hope, but in reality, the medicine only treats the infection and gives temporary relief. The body (the program) will continue to suffer (still losing big games, because of poor play on defense) because the infection (D'Nofrio) hasn't been cured/surgically removed.

You put to much thought into it.
Things have a way of taking care of themselves. It happened with Coker. It happened with SHannon. If Golden aint the guy it will happen with him.
In the meantime if this team wins the coastal for the first time ever be happy of about it and hope things improved for the better.

In what way have things taken care of themselves. In each case you listed we fired 1 bad coach and moved onto a worse one.

I'm not the type to say I hope we lose, but at the same time, I'm scared as **** that we win 7-8 games and Golden survives another season. I was already nervous coming into this season about what to expect and honestly already had an idea, but I held out for 1 last bit of hope. That Louisville game just confirmed (for like the 10th time) what I already knew, but then I was even more down with how the offense looked. This whole season felt like a waste from day 1, so now I have to watch the whole season knowing my team sucks, and I sit back fearful that this coaching staff will be here next season and the season will be over before it even began.

I think a 7-8 win seasons causes some type of coaching changes to be made. Either D'onforio if the defense continues to tank as it did vs NU without the coaches doing anything to fix it or it could be on the offensive side. Who knows. But changes will be made either voluntarily or mandatorily. But we are not talking about winning 7-8 games. We are talking about winning the coastal which will mean at least winning 9 games with the only loss probably being to FSU.

Before last season I said top 30 easily.
To make ammends with that prediction I'm going to up the ante and say top 20 easily.
I jumped ahead of schedule last season but this year Top 20 would right on it.
2015 we should be top 10.
Expectations remain high.

Dumbest Post Ever!!! If we win the coastal. that means we improved, which means recuits will notice us, which mean we will be top 5 in recruiting, not going to happen.

Advertisement
Back