How winning the Coastal could hurt the program

and why are ALL of these crazy threads started by either RECRUITS or FRESHMEN literally all the time.....troll troll troll

Advertisement
and why are ALL of these crazy threads started by either RECRUITS or FRESHMEN literally all the time.....troll troll troll

How is it trolling? I'm expressing I would rather Miami lose and not fall victim to the fools gold that can come in the form of success.

OP your logic is flawed.
Colts sucked for a known quantity in Luck that they were guaranteed to get.
Who would we be sucking for? There is no guarantees. We would be at the mercy of the admin that selected the previous 3 HC's.

So we should all be rooting for Golden to win the coastal. I think it's a fair assumption by most that unless Golden changes something we aren't winning anything. So winning the coastal would more than likely mean Golden changed and/or made adjustments. Which would go against your concern that he is not willing to do so.

Advertisement
I don't care what all the Don Bailey Jr wannabe, short sighted idiot contingency has to say.

The absolute worst thing that can happen is we go on some sort of mini "run" and end up a 7 or 8 win team....giving Golden a life line.

Do some of you not realize that this far into his career Golden is what he is and that HIS scheme is an abomination?? In the grand scheme of things what does a win over DUKE mean if basically guarantees you mediocrity for another 3,4,5 years?

We've got some real geniuses in this fan base, let me tell you.

GO DUKE. I say it loud proud while donning my Canes gear. And yes...I consider that rooting for the program at this point.

At this point, you really can't expect Golden to make the changes he needs to make. It's either not apparent to him, or he's just too stubborn to change his ways, or he's just too loyal to his coaching staff buddies. I would be thrilled if he suddenly figured it out and got it going right, but how many of us really think (blind hope aside) that Golden is or will be able to change?

This post may sound strange, but think about it.

At the beginning of the season, we were hoping to strike gold by having a season where we could go 10-2 and reach the ACCCG for the first time. Miami is now 2-2 and can still win the ACC Coastal, but with it's first horrendous display of defense on the road against Nebraska, we understand that this defense is most likely in for a long season. All indications are Golden is officially on the hot seat as there is word boosters are halting their donations until changes are made.

The thing is, we have had enough of a sample size to see that D'Nofrio simply is not ready to construct and oversee a defense. Like many others I was delusional and actually had hope that the light bulb could possibly turn on for D'Nofrio, but that demon was exercised by Nebraska. Golden is a man of loyalty, and he will not part ways with his dear friend and would rather go out in a blaze with him than fire him.

The danger that I see now is this. What if Miami actually does win the Coastal and play in the ACCCG for the first time? Much of the fan base will forgive Golden along with D'Nofrio and become optimistic again. Boosters will open their pockets back up and donate again. That danger is fools gold. It will buy Golden another 2 years along with D'Nofrio, and that actually scares me. It's crazy because I LOVE to see Miami win, but in a way, I hope Miami actually doesn't win the Coastal. It's kind of like how the Colts sucked for Andrew Luck.

Bottom line is, I like Golden as the coach and I think he could bring Miami back, but I can't stand with him if he stands with D'Nofrio. I'm ready for the next regime. Sounds crazy, but if Miami miraculously wins the Coastal, Miami would get set back another 2 more years.

Did the Colts suck on purpose?

Advertisement
OP your logic is flawed.
Who would we be sucking for? There is no guarantees. We would be at the mercy of the admin that selected the previous 3 HC's.

So we should all be rooting for Golden to win the coastal. I think it's a fair assumption by most that unless Golden changes something we aren't winning anything. So winning the coastal would more than likely mean Golden changed and/or made adjustments. Which would go against your concern that he is not willing to do so.

Here is the logic. D'Nofrio is like a recurring infection if you will. Winning the Coastal this season would serve as the medicine that causes the infection to "seem" like its getting better, giving false hope, but in reality, the medicine only treats the infection and gives temporary relief. The body (the program) will continue to suffer (still losing big games, because of poor play on defense) because the infection (D'Nofrio) hasn't been cured/surgically removed.

Advertisement
OP your logic is flawed.

Here is the logic. D'Nofrio is like a recurring infection if you will. Winning the Coastal this season would serve as the medicine that causes the infection to "seem" like its getting better, giving false hope, but in reality, the medicine only treats the infection and gives temporary relief. The body (the program) will continue to suffer (still losing big games, because of poor play on defense) because the infection (D'Nofrio) hasn't been cured/surgically removed.

You put to much thought into it.
Things have a way of taking care of themselves. It happened with Coker. It happened with SHannon. If Golden aint the guy it will happen with him.
In the meantime if this team wins the coastal for the first time ever be happy of about it and hope things improved for the better.

We shall see what happens this weekend. If we lose to Duke.....lol. You think he's feeling the heat this week for the Nebraska loss...just wait.

We shall see what happens this weekend. If we lose to Duke.....lol. You think he's feeling the heat this week for the Nebraska loss...just wait.

A loss would be catastrophic. No rebounding from it. Team is backed into a corner. Either they fight and come out swinging or they ball up into a fetal position and take a beating.

Advertisement
We could potentially lose every single remaining game on the schedule.

We could honestly go 2-10. We are Virginia from last year.

Really? You really believe you have made a sensible statement here? LOL

Everyone is frustrated but these ridiculous hyperbole negative posts are really silly. No we are not going 2 and 10

OP your logic is flawed.

You put to much thought into it.
Things have a way of taking care of themselves. It happened with Coker. It happened with SHannon. If Golden aint the guy it will happen with him.
In the meantime if this team wins the coastal for the first time ever be happy of about it and hope things improved for the better.

In what way have things taken care of themselves. In each case you listed we fired 1 bad coach and moved onto a worse one.

I'm not the type to say I hope we lose, but at the same time, I'm scared as **** that we win 7-8 games and Golden survives another season. I was already nervous coming into this season about what to expect and honestly already had an idea, but I held out for 1 last bit of hope. That Louisville game just confirmed (for like the 10th time) what I already knew, but then I was even more down with how the offense looked. This whole season felt like a waste from day 1, so now I have to watch the whole season knowing my team sucks, and I sit back fearful that this coaching staff will be here next season and the season will be over before it even began.

Advertisement
Back