How winning the Coastal could hurt the program

Ayeplus

Freshman
This post may sound strange, but think about it.

At the beginning of the season, we were hoping to strike gold by having a season where we could go 10-2 and reach the ACCCG for the first time. Miami is now 2-2 and can still win the ACC Coastal, but with it's first horrendous display of defense on the road against Nebraska, we understand that this defense is most likely in for a long season. All indications are Golden is officially on the hot seat as there is word boosters are halting their donations until changes are made.

The thing is, we have had enough of a sample size to see that D'Nofrio simply is not ready to construct and oversee a defense. Like many others I was delusional and actually had hope that the light bulb could possibly turn on for D'Nofrio, but that demon was exercised by Nebraska. Golden is a man of loyalty, and he will not part ways with his dear friend and would rather go out in a blaze with him than fire him.

The danger that I see now is this. What if Miami actually does win the Coastal and play in the ACCCG for the first time? Much of the fan base will forgive Golden along with D'Nofrio and become optimistic again. Boosters will open their pockets back up and donate again. That danger is fools gold. It will buy Golden another 2 years along with D'Nofrio, and that actually scares me. It's crazy because I LOVE to see Miami win, but in a way, I hope Miami actually doesn't win the Coastal. It's kind of like how the Colts sucked for Andrew Luck.

Bottom line is, I like Golden as the coach and I think he could bring Miami back, but I can't stand with him if he stands with D'Nofrio. I'm ready for the next regime. Sounds crazy, but if Miami miraculously wins the Coastal, Miami would get set back another 2 more years.

Last edited:
Advertisement

At the beginning of the season, we were hoping to strike gold by having a season where we could go 10-2 and reach the ACCCG for the first time. Miami is now 2-2 and can still win the ACC Coastal, but with it's first horrendous display of defense on the road against Nebraska, we understand that this defense is most likely in for a long season. All indications are Golden is officially on the hot seat as there is word boosters are halting their donations until changes are made.

The thing is, we have had enough of a sample size to see that D'Nofrio simply is not ready to construct and oversee a defense. Like many others I was delusional and actually had hope that the light bulb could possibly turn on for D'Nofrio, but that demon was exercised by Nebraska. Golden is a man of loyalty, and he will not part ways with his dear friend and would rather go out in a blaze with him than fire him.

The danger that I see now is this. What if Miami actually does win the Coastal and play in the ACCCG for the first time? Much of the fan base will forgive Golden along with D'Nofrio and become optimistic again. Boosters will open their pockets back up and donate again. That danger is fools gold. It will buy Golden another 2 years along with D'Nofrio, and that actually scares me. It's crazy because I LOVE to see Miami win, but in a way, I hope Miami actually doesn't win the Coastal. It's kind of like how the Colts sucked for Andrew Luck.

Bottom line is, I like Golden as the coach and I think he could bring Miami back, but I can't stand with him if he stands with D'Nofrio. I'm ready for the next regime. Sounds crazy, but if Miami miraculously wins the Coastal, Miami would get set back another 2 more years.

Nothng to worry about because we will not win ****. How is AG record vs winning teams ?

Nothng to worry about because we will not win ****. How is AG record vs winning teams ?

Absolutely horrible.

Least of our concerns as we are not winning out. 6-6 at best and Al is back next year trying to sell more used cars. The quicker we accept it the easier our lives become

We could potentially lose every single remaining game on the schedule.

We could honestly go 2-10. We are Virginia from last year.

Advertisement
I would be happier beating FSU and losing every other game than winning 6 more non-FSU games. Of course, the former won't happen. We'll probably end up with 3 or 4 more non-FSU wins. Hopefully it's enough to get Al fired.

+1 absolutely nothing to worry about ~ This coaching staffs got losing pathetically down to a science.

Advertisement
no chance at winning the coastal.

we will lose to Dook, FSU, VT, and possibly UVA
This. We already have 2 ACC losses and between Duke, FSU, VT, and UVA there are at least 2 losses in there (in fact we likely lose all 4). We're not winning the Coastal with 4+ conference losses. There is literally a better chance of us losing the rest of our games than of us winning the Coastal.

Anyone who thinks this is not a Golden issue and is a coordinator issue is a certified mouth breather. Sorry OP.

Advertisement
Of all the possibilities for how this season will play out, running the table (minus an FSU loss) and winning the Coastal division is at the very top of the list of "impossible results."

I mean, BYU won the national title in 1984 with the world's luckiest combination of ****show schedule + all other teams underachieving, so it's "possible"... but less likely than being hit by a meteor on your way home from work.

Didn't read. Nothing to worry about.

There's a better chance Godzilla attacks South FL than us winning the coastal......

Advertisement
I'm just tired of the losing. I'm tired of rooting for the team to lose out every couple years for a coaching change. I'm tired of losing to fsu. I'm tired of going to games in an empty stadium. I'm tired of losing to duke, VT, USF, FSU, Virginia, Maryland, and Louisville. I'm tired of getting blown out by ND, Kansas State, and Nebraska. I'm tired of bend don't break. I'm tired of a soft defense. I'm tired of caring so much.

We already have 1 ACC loss, add FSU and thats 2 right there.

We still have
UVA
VT
GT
Duke
UNC

Losing just one of those games puts us at a huge disadvantage to winning the coastal as we will have 3 ACC losses. That's part of the reason why the UL game was so important.

Better chance Doritos wins the Frank broyles award for best Asst coach of the year.

Advertisement
Back