How will the Canes close in November?

ColdCane

Recruit
Premium
I meant to create this yesterday but I wanted to have an open discussion about how we all feel the will end the season. The last 4 games:

NC ST
FSU (4th)
LOUISVILLE (15th)
BC

In my opinion things can go so many ways depending on so many variables. The main one being the play of TVD. I’m not going to beat a dead horse but him gaining his confidence back & getting healthy as possible is the most important thing we need in November. If he can get him back playing like Texas A&M Van Dyme we could easily end the season 4-0 10-2 and wins over two ranked teams and possibly back in the acc conference championship. But that’s best case . The most realistic is going 4-1 and finishing the season at 9-3. We could lose to fsu and completely fold and go 1-4 in those last 4 also . I’m just curious to how the board feels the season will end realistically ?

Advertisement
This is what our President says:
1698958960723.jpeg

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread...mess-that-is-um-athletics.172169/post-5412389

Advertisement
My guess as of today without accounting for injuries, etc…

NC State - Win (Their offense sucks).

FSU - Win heart only pick. No logical thinking. (**** FSU).

Louisville - Loss (We are really beat up after FSU).

BC - Loss (Their freshman mobile QB destroys us and we can’t keep up points wise).

2-2 = 8-4 (which is what I predicted before season started). Hopefully wins bowl game and get to 9.

Great progress being made under Mario and hope we get impact transfer to take us over the top in 2024.

Advertisement
To be honest, I am leaning 1-3 right now if it's TVD playing and he doesn't show some serious improvement. He has quickly become the major weakness and question mark of this team, so without improvement from him, for me the outlook is kinda grim.

Seriously hope I'm wrong, of course!

Advertisement
We're trying our best to lose games and have gotten unlucky in that regard the past couple weeks. Think between the more potent offenses and split of road games coming up we'll accomplish our goal and get those Ls.

1-3.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back