Mark Pope 1 for 52 yards
Trajan Bandy 1 for 36 yards
Jarren Williams 2 for 16 yards
Michael Parrott 3 for 8 yards
Tate Martell 3 for 5 yards
Reaulus George 2 for 3 yards
N’Kosi Perry 1 for -9 yards

Trajan Bandy 1 carry for 36 yards? Huh?

Perry went against the 1st team D in every series except 1. While Jarren went against 2nd and 3rd teamers in every series except one where he went against the 1st team D. So it’s hard to compare the two since our 2nd team D had walk ons playing and our 1st team Ol got destroyed by our 1st team DL.

I thought Perry looked more in control than last year. Also fundamentals looked much better. I thought he played well given the fact he had no time but he didn’t look good inside the red zone against our 2nd team D. Williams looked solid for the most part but the D he went against was bad.

Advertisement
I watched it too. And followed the commentary. They rotated reps with 1s and 2s. I think the 2's were really a combo in the 2nd half of 2s/3s - at least according to the people posting on twitter. Perry got the same # with 1s as the others. Actually, I think Tate may have gotten 1 less than Jarren and Perry.

I saw that there is going to be a video up sometime of the whole scrimmage. I'll link it if I see it to watch again.
I watched the scrimmage on periscope and you're wrong

Perry went against the 1st team D in every series except 1. While Jarren went against 2nd and 3rd teamers in every series except one where he went against the 1st team D. So it’s hard to compare the two since our 2nd team D had walk ons playing and our 1st team Ol got destroyed by our 1st team DL.

I thought Perry looked more in control than last year. Also fundamentals looked much better. I thought he played well given the fact he had no time but he didn’t look good inside the red zone against our 2nd team D. Williams looked solid for the most part but the D he went against was bad.
I keep telling people Jarren went against 2nd string and walk ons

Advertisement
Williams is not less mobile than Perry, Did you see how Williams ran in highschool? He was known more so as a runner than Perry was and had 600 yards plus rushing as a senior. I beleive Williams can make all the throws too.
But there’s sort of the thing, you said believe he can. We know N’Kosi can, I’ve consistently heard that Jarren throws a beautiful ball. But Perry does have ridiculous arm talent.

According the everyone who's seen the QB's play so far, Tate appears to clearly be in 3rd.

If it's close between Jarren and N'kosi you gotta go with the younger guy. You have more upside and years to develop Jarren than the other two.

Advertisement
This was the throw Jarren almost hooked up with Osborn for a td. Almost had it

Advertisement
Regardless of where the offense is in the install.... all 3 QBs are having a difficult time being accurate. This is pretty concerning, scrimmage or not
BINGO we have a winner. It is a QB driven game and our QBs can’t drive! I posted weeks ago that guys that played the position and watched several practices said our QBs were struggling, I guess they were right.

We got work to do but there was some good things. Hard to glean too much from something like today considering a lot of plays being made against 3rd teamers or so.

Jarren Williams looked by far like the best qb but got things to clean up on.

Perry Started our drives well but never really finished them. He does look improved but has things to work on for sure.

Martell did not do that well today. Not many opportunities to throw but he’s Got to improve a lot if he wants to be the starter game 1. Had a few good passes with some zip but had his share of bad passes. I know he has an int but imo that was pass interference but still a bad read as the wheel route was open on the sideline.

Based on today you have to think Jarren Williams took a step foward in the race today for sure.

Deejay Dallas and Camron Harris looked great.

3 receivers looked really good imo Payton , pope and Osborn. Osborn is going to be a nice safety net and can get open consistently.

Mallory looked impressive early on.

Spring needs to end soon because Miami needs to add the rest of the recruiting class and to get healthy. Feels spring has gone on too long right now and too many injuries accumulating.

Keep in mind I’m sure the offense was kept very vanilla today for obvious reasons.

Bro how does Jarren look by far the best when kosi went 9-15 Jarren went 9-15 Jarren threw two almost picks and kosi just missed on some throws in the end zone

Advertisement
Back