How was the Scrimmage?

Bro at this rate Martell won’t play in a game as QB1

He has ground to make up with Perry & Williams.
He ain't going to be the starter regardless. Not sure many who ever thought he would be . But both Perry AND Williams ain't going to be here this time next year. So he will be the back up and play in games . That is what I meant.

Advertisement
He ain't going to be the starter regardless. Not sure many who ever thought he would be . But both Perry AND Williams ain't going to be here this time next year. So he will be the back up and play in games . That is what I meant.
I didn’t look at it like that... you’re right.

I hope Jennings injury is minor. We need LB depth bad. I hope we search for transfers and sign a few this cycle.

Would love to see what brooks and huff bring come fall camp but we are scary thin currently.

Jarren Williams gives us the best option to win. Outside his QB play, he plays like he’s unbothered. So much poise

Based on the limited action I’ve seen from Williams, I agree. He seems very calm and natural when he drops back. Nkosi seems more erratic. Tate did not look good at all, disappointed in his performance.

Advertisement
JW didn't finish his drives either lol.

In fact, he finished one which was the last fluke play of the game.

Ain't neither of them boys ahead of each other right now from what I saw.
We going to see. Hope to see improvement from all of them next week

The tight end was open by 30 yards in every direction but the QB tries to force in a wobbler down field.

He had the WR wide open for a throw to the corner. Great play to step up in the pocket and buy time, but the ball got tipped at the line. I say Jarren drifted too much forward and only needed a little step but that's hindsight bias.

Advertisement
That's all then. I saw Perry play against the first team d a lot. Especially, in the 1st half

I watched it too. And followed the commentary. They rotated reps with 1s and 2s. I think the 2's were really a combo in the 2nd half of 2s/3s - at least according to the people posting on twitter. Perry got the same # with 1s as the others. Actually, I think Tate may have gotten 1 less than Jarren and Perry.

I saw that there is going to be a video up sometime of the whole scrimmage. I'll link it if I see it to watch again.

Advertisement
Advertisement
You guys apparently don’t know the difference between practice and a spring game.

Especially when Enos is about a third or half of the way or so to an install.

Using one practice as a basis to determine who the starter is is just feeble minded.

JW did look better than Perry, and Martell struggled from under center...but it’s one practice and I try to use a rational thought process, which involves not using an n=1 as the basis for my “decision”

But please continue with the overreactions.

Here’s a spoiler: all three are in it until summer/fall practice or later.

Last edited:
I hope Jennings injury is minor. We need LB depth bad. I hope we search for transfers and sign a few this cycle.

Would love to see what brooks and huff bring come fall camp but we are scary thin currently.

IDK if it's accurate but someone posted on another thread it is a groin injury. Looked worse on the live feed but who knows.

LoL, first drive Perry versus one's. Second drive Williams versus two's, three's and a lot of walk-on's. I'll watch the rest later, but I won't take too much out of this.

They rotated so all of them were with the 1s, 2s and I guess a combo of the 2/3/WO group. Williams got the 2 min drill at the end.

Advertisement
Back