How was the Scrimmage?

Advertisement
We got work to do but there was some good things. Hard to glean too much from something like today considering a lot of plays being made against 3rd teamers or so.

Jarren Williams looked by far like the best qb (outside 2 bad throws on that last drive) but got things to clean up on.

Perry Started our drives well but never really finished them. He does look improved but has things to work on for sure.

Martell did not do that well today. Not many opportunities to throw but he’s Got to improve a lot if he wants to be the starter game 1. Had a few good passes with some zip but had his share of bad passes. I know he has an int but imo that was pass interference but still a bad read as the wheel route was open on the sideline.

Based on today you have to think Jarren Williams took a step foward in the race today for sure.

Deejay Dallas and Camron Harris looked great.

3 receivers looked really good imo Payton , pope and Osborn. Osborn is going to be a nice safety net and can get open consistently.

Mallory looked impressive early on.

Spring needs to end soon because Miami needs to add the rest of the recruiting class and to get healthy. Feels spring has gone on too long right now and too many injuries accumulating.

Keep in mind I’m sure the offense was kept very vanilla today for obvious reasons.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Was out there. My initial thoughts as I'm headed out:

1. Perry or Williams will be starting in Orlando.

2. Nigel Bethel and DJ Ivey were excellent evaluations by the staff. They will contribute.

3. KJ Osborne is a baller.

4. IF he can learn to hold onto the ball (did so today) Dee Wiggins can be a problem. Looks huge out there and is consistently open.

5. We still take too long to snap the ball.

Advertisement

2. Nigel Bethel and DJ Ivey were excellent evaluations by the staff. They will contribute.

4. IF he can learn to hold onto the ball (did so today) Dee Wiggins can be a problem. Looks huge out there and is consistently open.

MARK POPE 👌🏾💯

Advertisement
DeeJay went crazy. 3 TD's
Cam Harris had a solid day. Had a injury scare early in the scrimmage.
QB play ranking *IMO*: Kosi > Jarren > Tate. The QB's all left plays on the field, that has to improve.
Pope had a very good day. He made multiple plays.
Osborn had a good day as well.
Defense was solid for the most part.
Jennings got hurt. We're super thin at backup LB.
DJ Ivey looks like he took the next step in his game. I may be the only one who noticed but that man is physical at LOS.
Bubba Baxa missed an extra point.

Advertisement
This was one of 2 bad decisions Jarren made late today. Couple plays Before that pass Pinckney should have picked him off but dropped it. Other than that he was really solid imo. So he’s got things to work on too as this might have been The worst pass any of the qbs threw in the scrimmage .

Advertisement

Nigel at corner or are you talking more about special teams? I saw that he ran one back.

Did Zion play? On 247 they didn't list him on the first or second team.... curious if it was a misprint.

Advertisement
Back