How was the Scrimmage?

Unfortunately I was not able to watch it. Can anyone give me a recap on how things went?
Just left. Williams looked the best, Kosi ok and martell didn’t look good. First team defense is nasty, 2nd team ok. Kick coverage trash, gave up back to back kick returns for touchdowns. Smh running backs and receivers looked good. Offensive line a work in progress but it was nice to see the offensive coaches getting after them when the screwed up unlike the last few years. That’s about it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This was one of 2 bad decisions Jarren made late today. Couple plays Before that pass Pinckney should have picked him off but dropped it. Other than that he was really solid imo. So he’s got things to work on too as this might have been The worst pass any of the qbs threw in the scrimmage .

The tight end was open by 30 yards in every direction but the QB tries to force in a wobbler down field.

Advertisement
Is there anyone on the OL who’s doing well? Where did they line up Vaughn? Was he still at Center?

I think Perry is more physically talented but Williams is the better QB as it matters what is between your ears too.
I don’t see it, Perry has arm talent but I’ll take Jarren’s over his tbh

Advertisement
Was out there myself today too. Think QB race comes down to Nkosi vs Williams. Nkosi is looking good with his decision make an accuracy when given the chance with protection. Looks engaged and ready to take next step. Hopefully he stays in the playbook and film room during the summer.

As for Williams, to me he just has the it factor. Ball comes out so easy and always on target. Made a **** of a throw on 3rd down today to Nkoku. Has minor things to work on. Had a chance on 3rd or 4th down in redzone to hit KJ on an out route but just over threw him. Getting his footwork corrected would had made that pass with ease.

Tate has just let me down in so many ways. It’s like I’m watching Rosier 2.0 with the throws. Doesn’t throw the ball 10 feet over ur head but seems to throw the same duck pass from time to time. Need him to get his self together and come out and compete for real this fall.

Jennings injury didn’t look good at all. Think his leg got rolled up on.

No JT4 today. Anyone have any info?

OLine struggles are still an issue. Cannot really make an honest evaluation of them bc to many injuries.

- O line looked better than I thought it would be
- Jarren has the better accuracy, Kosi was ok but nothing special.
- Receivers playing with emotions
- Tate Martell don`t know whats going on but he will be transferring again, looks like a true freshman with no experience

Advertisement
Was out there. My initial thoughts as I'm headed out:

1. Perry or Williams will be starting in Orlando.

2. Nigel Bethel and DJ Ivey were excellent evaluations by the staff. They will contribute.

3. KJ Osborne is a baller.

4. IF he can learn to hold onto the ball (did so today) Dee Wiggins can be a problem. Looks huge out there and is consistently open.

5. We still take too long to snap the ball.

The kid was open a ton last fall. Couldn't catch a cold unfortunately. Need him to pick that up with some work and better concentration.

Advertisement
I think Perry is more physically talented but Williams is the better QB as it matters what is between your ears too.
Williams is more well rounded, which makes him more talented, in my opinion. It's not all about arm strength. In fact, at this level arm strength is about the 3rd most important attribute a QB can possess. Accuracy and decision making are 1A and 1B.

I don’t see it, Perry has arm talent but I’ll take Jarren’s over his tbh
William's cant make some of the throws Perry can, and he's definitely less mobile. Doesn't make him necessarily less talented (what and how are we defining that?), but 5 definitely has superior arm talent.

Just left. Williams looked the best, Kosi ok and martell didn’t look good. First team defense is nasty, 2nd team ok. Kick coverage trash, gave up back to back kick returns for touchdowns. Smh running backs and receivers looked good. Offensive line a work in progress but it was nice to see the offensive coaches getting after them when the screwed up on like the last few years. That’s about it.
It was mostly walk ons they used for kick off coverage

Last edited:
The “reports” most of the big schools in the southeast wanted Perry, only Kentucky wanted Williams, but Williams is more talented and got no run last year.
It all depends on what we are considering talent really. I think 'Kosi has the better arm talent but Williams has the better intangibles according to those in the know. Williams has a better release but Perry the better arm. As long as they both hit the playbook and study the offense we will be okay at the position with either one.

Advertisement
Back