How UT came back to beat GT

CaneMonster

Redshirt Freshman
They threw the ball deep and high to their 6'4" WR, which GT didn't have answer for. GT CBs are 5'10" smallish. We should launch a jump contest for Langham and Cager vs their small CBs all game long. They have no answer for this.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Can’t count on Cager to do jack. Those 5’10” DBs will grow to 7 ft when they cover “Big” Cage.

Not exactly the whole story my friend. Height had very little to do with their WR performance. It's because the coaches shout math equations at their WRs while they catch the ball during practice, which enables them to multitask during games. Oh and UT had far fewer energy vampires than GT in the second half.

Jones, almost breaking out of character, barked "five times five. What is it? Quick. Five times five." Someone finally gives the correct answer of 25.

"Twenty-five," Jones said, affirming the answer. "Now think about a ball coming at you. You gotta say it. So we're trying to get them to do two things at once."

Not sure Richt is that advanced in his training concepts. We may need to win with the less reliable "better players, better gameplan" approach.

https://amp.knoxnews.com/amp/652196001

Can’t count on Cager to do jack. Those 5’10” DBs will grow to 7 ft when they cover “Big” Cage.

Makes you feel good to say this, right?

I wonder what morons like you thought about Rosier, Berrios or Langham in the past. You do realize players can improve, right?

Not exactly the whole story my friend. Height had very little to do with their WR performance. It's because the coaches shout math equations at their WRs while they catch the ball during practice, which enables them to multitask during games. Oh and UT had far fewer energy vampires than GT in the second half.

Jones, almost breaking out of character, barked "five times five. What is it? Quick. Five times five." Someone finally gives the correct answer of 25.

"Twenty-five," Jones said, affirming the answer. "Now think about a ball coming at you. You gotta say it. So we're trying to get them to do two things at once."

Not sure Richt is that advanced in his training concepts. We may need to win with the less reliable "better players, better gameplan" approach.

All that's missing is the Cheeseburger

Advertisement
Their OL also completely stonewalled GT's DL the second half. Tenn. QB had all day to sit back and do whatever he wanted. RB had huge holes to run through.

Richt can go with "quick, what part of the perfect sandwich do you eat first....."

Advertisement

What is that, some kind of witchcraft? Richt is a God fearing man who would never consort with the devil.

I don't think scoring is our issue. It's opponents breaking multiple tackles.

Advertisement
The missed FG and fumble in the second half cost GT the game. The first half fumble didn't help either.

They threw the ball deep and high to their 6'4" WR, which GT didn't have answer for. GT CBs are 5'10" smallish. We should launch a jump contest for Langham and Cager vs their small CBs all game long. They have no answer for this.

They came back because of two fumbles and two missed field goals. Take those away and GT wins. I think turnovers could be the deciding factor in the game this Saturday.

Advertisement

Richt can go with "quick, what part of the perfect sandwich do you eat first....."

Quick-which is better, Chocolate chip or sugar cookies?

They came back because of two fumbles and two missed field goals. Take those away and GT wins. I think turnovers could be the deciding factor in the game this Saturday.

Funny how the other team seems to win quite a lot when you sweep multiple key mistakes under the rug.

Funny how the other team seems to win quite a lot when you sweep multiple key mistakes under the rug.

What's being swept under the rug?

Advertisement
Back