How u guys feel if Bryant is only new DT on team next fall?

Odin

Junior
As of today it's very likely.Bostwick is prep bound only if he improves grades if not he will need JC.Bryant ain't going nowhere now once the staff works on him every day until NSD,they will be relentless,know they can't lose him.The JC DTs all have SEC offers from schools who have been recruiting them much longer.We could get JC DTs in the 80s but since raising our standards we don't get any even during our last great run a decade ago,went hard after them but never got them.So the reason for this post is can Denofrio improve ous defense drastically in 1 offseason with bassically the same guys back and if they can hold on to Porter.I personally think it will improve some,it can't get much worse but without the addition of 1 or 2 JC DTs we still have a ways to go.

Advertisement
It would be a huge mistake. Don't think it happens though. Bostwick is a guy I'm definitely worried about. He's a Cane but the silence is deafening when you talk about grades.

We have #'s at DT but we need impact right now.

I don't want to rely on Jaynard Bostwick next year. A prep year would be good for'em.

'Canes need to get a JUCO kid of two. If Bryant plays, it would be best if it is sparingly.

Wasn't Darius Smith a Juco?

He was top JC DT with SEC offers?We could sign 10 JC DTs if we wanted but they can't play just like Smith who was passed on by true freshmen.But when has miami landed a qualified JC DT with SEC offers,I can't recall a single 1 since Tez and he would not have qualified if he was coming out today.

Advertisement
Wasn't Darius Smith a Juco?

He was top JC DT with SEC offers?We could sign 10 JC DTs if we wanted but they can't play just like Smith who was passed on by true freshmen.But when has miami landed a qualified JC DT with SEC offers,I can't recall a single 1 since Tez and he would not have qualified if he was coming out today.

Yep all this. We just don't land elite JUCO DL. Its what the SEC does and its their bread and butter.

I think we have a staff in place to even the playing field a bit though.

Trends were meant to be broken. The SEC has had their pick of the litter when it comes to JC players recently, but if Al wants someone and they can qualify, we have as good of a shot as anyone. He's already proven that he can get strong interest and visits from these types of players this year, so why are you doubting that he can finish the deal?

Advertisement
Need Bostrick eventually. I'd be obsessed with a big 6' 4'' **** reeking havoc along side Bryant.

Bryant projects as a 3 tech. correct?

No way this staff only gets 1 DT this cycle.

Even if Bostwick has to prep/JuCo, and we miss the two JuCo DT's we're after, I'm positive Golden has backup plans.

No way this staff only gets 1 DT this cycle.

Even if Bostwick has to prep/JuCo, and we miss the two JuCo DT's we're after, I'm positive Golden has backup plans.
Maybe but unlike last year this will be a small class and they're going after elite DTs only.If we miss I doubt we take bodies or projects as we already have numbers/depth at DT, we took 3 of them last year and are just looking to upgrade the overall talent at this spot.

Advertisement
wait is bostwick seriously another grade situation....you gotta be kidding me

Its been the talk for a while. Usually if its bogus we would know by now. Probably should be prepared for him not to be here and hope for the best.

Advertisement
Back