How to bring Miami BACK

This guy loves to move the goal posts on every argument he makes.

One of the worst posters on the board at the moment.

Advertisement
Anybody posting a preference for Butch Davis over Chip Kelly is declaring themselves as idiots.

Nobody, but "still living in the past" Hurricanes' fans, would go with that way of thinking. Chip Kelly might be the only "can't miss" prospect up for discussion ...

No credibility for any of you guys going overboard with the Butch infatuation.

I don't believe Chip Kelly would do well in Miami, not because the talent doesn't fit as I think talent wise it's the perfect fit, but because Chip would not know how to deal with Miami type players attitudes imo. He would end up recruiting a bunch of good guys like Al and waste the recruiting advantage he would have.

Can you define "good guys" for me. What south Florida players did Al Golden pass on because of they weren't a "good guy"? I think it's safe to say Jordan scarlett, travis rudolph, ermon lane, dalvin cook, brandon powell, and more would have all been enticed to sign with Miami if Chip was our coach the past 5 years.

I mean guys with attitude. Guys this program was built on. It's obvious from what we've witnessed at Philly that Chip doesn't want that kind of player and a lot of the big talent in this area are those types. Poor choice of words on my part to say he wouldn't do well here, but it's obvious he will limit himself on players he deems to have attitudes. With that said, he can still find good players who are not attitude guys, but he will have to make sure the team does not go flat as it has for Al.

Anybody posting a preference for Butch Davis over Chip Kelly is declaring themselves as idiots.

Nobody, but "still living in the past" Hurricanes' fans, would go with that way of thinking. Chip Kelly might be the only "can't miss" prospect up for discussion ...

I don't believe Chip Kelly would do well in Miami, not because the talent doesn't fit as I think talent wise it's the perfect fit, but because Chip would not know how to deal with Miami type players attitudes imo. He would end up recruiting a bunch of good guys like Al and waste the recruiting advantage he would have.

Can you define "good guys" for me. What south Florida players did Al Golden pass on because of they weren't a "good guy"? I think it's safe to say Jordan scarlett, travis rudolph, ermon lane, dalvin cook, brandon powell, and more would have all been enticed to sign with Miami if Chip was our coach the past 5 years.

I mean guys with attitude. Guys this program was built on. It's obvious from what we've witnessed at Philly that Chip doesn't want that kind of player and a lot of the big talent in this area are those types. Poor choice of words on my part to say he wouldn't do well here, but it's obvious he will limit himself on players he deems to have attitudes. With that said, he can still find good players who are not attitude guys, but he will have to make sure the team does not go flat as it has for Al.

Chip would have us in the playoff every year.

Chip is like Nick Saban. Nick Saban hated the attitude of NFL players.... he wanted the total control that you have in college.

Chip is the same way. He's a hardass and not a "players coach." He's more suited to college, and I believe, like Saban, he knows it.

We weren't even cheap when we hired Al Golden. He obviously wasn't a Saban or Harbaugh level coach but he had been courted by programs like Tennessee and UCLA. The bottom line is that we've made hires based on the assumption that Miami didn't need an elite level coach to win because of "recruiting." That is obviously false.
This. And we weren't cheap when we made Coker the highest paid HC in college football either. UM is much more stupid than it is cheap.

Dennis and Jimmy were great coaches, but they took over when this program was already rolling.

Howard and Butch raised us from the ashes.

What do Howard and Butch have in common? Both come from elite coaching trees in college and the NFL. (Shula, Bear Bryant, Jimmy). Both won Super Bowls before coming to Miami, and both won national titles as coordinators in college.

That's the kind of guy Miami needs to be looking at today.

Looks like Miami Admin didnt get your memo on hiring a coach with Super Bowl wins or NFL experience

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back