How short is the leash?..

WndyCityCane

Recruit
..for whomever wins the QB battle? My concern is we have a 'deer in headlights' mentality cause the QB is afraid to relax for fear of getting pulled. With a 3 man race this close, how will this impact whomever starts for us? Anyone who starts should have the confidence that they are not gonna get pulled after 1 pic, a loss, etc.. right? Playing 'not to lose' with these gunslingers isn't going to work.

go CANES!!

Advertisement
..for whomever wins the QB battle? My concern is we have a 'deer in headlights' mentality cause the QB is afraid to relax for fear of getting pulled. With a 3 man race this close, how will this impact whomever starts for us? Anyone who starts should have the confidence that they are not gonna get pulled after 1 pic, a loss, etc.. right? Playing 'not to lose' with these gunslingers isn't going to work.

go CANES!!
I think they know who is leading and will tailor/game plan for that QB. Same if it happens to be a different one, Enos isn't Richt. I don't see him playing QB roulette.

Advertisement
Question should be how long a leash you Monday morning qb gurus are gonna give a qb making his first start.I'm sure Diaz enos and do won't destroy a young qbs confidence because he makes a few mistakes.if he cant make progress from learning those miscues yes they'll pull him.there only 3 to choose from everyone here better hope one of them is the guy who can lead and manage this team.

Advertisement
I think it depends. If the QB shows at least some measure of knowing what he is doing, he will get more time. If he goes out there and looks like any QB from last season, he's out of there in a hurry. If Enos is a good OC/QB coach, NO ONE will look as bad as last season.

Actually, it’s not gonna be a leash at all. I’m hearing that it’s gonna be one of those invisible electric fence things that zaps the dog when he tries to get out of the yard.
Ooooh, like the reverse chain idea. Instead of rewarding GOOD plays, it zaps them for making bad plays. I like it!

A long leash, but one of them retractable ones that can snap back real quick.

It’ll be like this, attached to Enos
1BC5484C-3153-49F6-BBD7-09E956270C97.jpeg

Advertisement
First game is tough, they will most likely roll with safest bet then open up competition for month so if it doent work out, games after UF will probably give guys more of a chance to really settle job.

Hopefully a long one. Whoever it is will have growing pains so don't panic like last year.

Unless it's clear as day with a few games in that they are hot garbage.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back