How Screwed is FSU Recruiting?

Advertisement
Sorry that this moron only lasted 1 post. I was curious to find out how "2022 was better than both UF and the U and 2023 will be even better..big facts".

How is this even possible? It's only February.

Is he talking about Rivals recruiting rankings?

View attachment 178389

The 247 recruiting rankings?

View attachment 178390

Surely, he can't be talking about the games yet, right?
I keep trying to leave one around as a chew toy, but some adult mod clips him.

I keep trying to leave one around as a chew toy, but some adult mod clips him.

1645561271847.png

Advertisement
I think they will lose to LSU, NC State, Clemson, Miami, and Florida. Possibly Louisville as well.
We're in agreement for the most part. LSU hasn't been good the last couple of years and I don't think they'll be great this year either, so not sold on that as a loss. Also, don't know what UF will look like. But, I can see them losing Wake as well.

We're in agreement for the most part. LSU hasn't been good the last couple of years and I don't think they'll be great this year either, so not sold on that as a loss. Also, don't know what UF will look like. But, I can see them losing Wake as well.

I think that there will be short-term improvements at both LSU and UiF due to the stability of the new coaches, since life under Orgeron and Mullet was chaos. Because of that, and the minimal ways in which F$U has improved its team, I honestly think the SemenHoles lose to both LSU and UiF.

I think that there will be short-term improvements at both LSU and UiF due to the stability of the new coaches, since life under Orgeron and Mullet was chaos. Because of that, and the minimal ways in which F$U has improved its team, I honestly think the SemenHoles lose to both LSU and UiF.
I get your point but, to me LSU seems to be a mess and not sure Kelly will have them ready that early in the season. They lost their starting QB and had other defections. I agree more on UF but still want to see what Napier does.

one thing that isn't talked about that helps support FSU in recruiting, is FAMU.

for decades, the FAMU community has played an very outsized role in creating an environment and culture for black athletes at FSU.

News flash: a large part of the social and cultural collegiate life for FSU black athletes is not happening on the FSU campus. the powers that be at FSU don't like to advertise it, but it's a fact. when a black athlete recruit comes to FSU on an official, they are not hanging out at Recess or Baja Beah Club with a bunch of guys from boca raton in abercrombie & fitch jeans. they are at the alpha ph alpha house, or frenchtown rising, or chillmatic.

FSU is a low level university, not well integrated, in a nondescript small town.

however, it does happen to have one of the oldest and most established HBCU's in the country just down the street. Because of that, FSU can easily offer an environment (although not really part of FSU) where a large percentage of their black recruits and athletes can feel accepted and comfortable. and thus, there's a bit of a floor to how bad their recruiting will be. although they do seem to be testing that floor regularly. :LOL:
Now this man knows Tallahassee!!

Advertisement
Can Prison Mike Norvell survive another 5-7 campaign, with Neon Deion just a short I-10/I-55 drive down the road?

To get bowl-eligible, F$U would have to beat NC State or Louisville. To get to 7 wins, F$U would have to beat NC State AND Louisville. To get to the dream world of 8 wins, F$U would have to beat NC State AND Louisville AND either UM or UiF.

I just don't see all of that happening. And if Prison Mike is 3-6 leaving Hard Rock? We might just kill that corny cornrow boy the way that Dabo killed Golden.
6 hrs and 53 min is a short drive? Dam dude are you a Trucker or something?

I get your point but, to me LSU seems to be a mess and not sure Kelly will have them ready that early in the season. They lost their starting QB and had other defections. I agree more on UF but still want to see what Napier does.
their starting qb wasnt that good...and Brian Kelly is wayyyy superior as a coach. Thats a definate win. They still have a better roster than FSU.

Correct. Their 5 year stretch of 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021 is the worst 5 year stretch of any Big 3 school since we sucked in the 1970s.

What they're in the middle of right now is the worst any Big 3 school has been in over a generation.

They are 19-27 in their last 46 games. That's a .413 winning percentage.

Bobby Bowden lost 28 games total from 1987 to 2002. The current losers have lost 27 since 2018.
Problem is that we've been less relevant for the past
their starting qb wasnt that good...and Brian Kelly is wayyyy superior as a coach. Thats a definate win. They still have a better roster than FSU.
Hoping you're right!

No way is Brian Kelly losing to the hot mess that is FSU. And I despise Brian Kelly. But he and his staff and his roster are all > their FSU counterparts.

5-7 is my prediction. Dabo does in Norvell like he did in Al Golden.

Last edited:
Advertisement
FSU 2022 schedule

Duquesne
LSU
Louisville
Boston College
Wake Forest
NC State
Clemson
Georgia Tech
Miami