How much will the board's opinion about Richt change if UM

Bro, at Miami you don't judge coaches until year five bro. Not their offense, not their defense, not their special teams, not their recruiting. No one should have an opinion about anything Richt does until year five bro.

Advertisement
Richt is a proven commodity, good and bad. He needs to get his players in before we can make a final judgment. Although it would help him if he can figure out how to make the offense more productive for the rest of the season.

Nothing will change unless he demotes his son and brings in an OC who can turn this Offense around...

I am not holding my breath.

As I said before, Nepotism can be a program killer. Sooner or later he will have to deal with it... similar to Al and his best man D'No.

Unfortunately he learnt it from Bobby who flaunted it at FSU and eventually led to his downfall.

Last edited:
Bro, at Miami you don't judge coaches until year five bro. Not their offense, not their defense, not their special teams, not their recruiting. No one should have an opinion about anything Richt does until year five bro.

5 years NVA??? How about year 3...wishful thinking brother!I'm 46, I can't wait until 51!! LOL

Advertisement
zero.. it will get worse if we can't put up some points against a 2-5 team that has been getting a train run on them.

One game doesn't sway my opinion one way or another.

Nothing will change unless he demotes his son and brings in an OC who can turn this Offense around...

I am not holding my breath.

As I said before, Nepotism can be a program killer. Sooner or later he will have to deal with it... similar to Al and his best man D'No.

Unfortunately he learnt it from Bobby who flaunted it at FSU and eventually led to his downfall.
I don't agree that "his son" is the issue. Richt Jr. probably has minimal say in what the offense does, and how they do it.

It depends on how we win. If ND ***** the bed, Kaizer throws 4 INTs, and Miami offense plays adequate, I will be mildly impressed.

If Miami takes it to ND and is able to be competent on offense while holding ND offense to minimal points, I'll be impressed.

I know ND is having a down year but make no mistake, they've got talent on that team. Their OL has 2 potential first round picks and their defense is littered with 4-5 star kids.

Advertisement
3 to 5 year rehab project that's just begun. Have no opinion on Richt at this point because he is stuck with Golden's dumpster fire.A win over ND is always nice, but am not counting on it. How do you play to win when your entire OL sucks and your QB and RBs are blasted as soon as the ball in snapped?. Just hope we make it to the end of the season without having to forfeit a game because we don't have 11 healthy players. Season is lost

Not much, nor should it. The damage is already done with our three-game skid of maddening offensive ineptitude. Already losing to FSU and being removed from contention in the ACC Coastal before the end of October is an outright failure.

What would change opinions of Richt? If he hires an OC wanting to implement a completely different offense in 2017 and ends the current season on a lengthy winning streak, restoring some sense of pride and helping us finish strong on the recruiting trail. One single win over a five-loss Notre Dame squad shouldn't move the needle for anyone.
All of this.

Really a no-win situation. To answer your question - my opinion on Richt will not change, unless I see something remarkably different on offense.

But honestly Richt has to win this game, there is no other option. ND is terrible, they have quit on their a-hole coach, and got their **** pushed in by a Michigan State team that looks completely inept earlier this year.

If we don't win on Saturday - oh boy.

Advertisement
It depends on how we win. If ND ***** the bed, Kaizer throws 4 INTs, and Miami offense plays adequate, I will be mildly impressed.

If Miami takes it to ND and is able to be competent on offense while holding ND offense to minimal points, I'll be impressed.

I know ND is having a down year but make no mistake, they've got talent on that team. Their OL has 2 potential first round picks and their defense is littered with 4-5 star kids.
Agreed

If Julius Caesar was worth a ****, Rome would have been built in one day.

Must win for Richt. Just like every game the rest of the season.

Advertisement
Not much, nor should it. The damage is already done with our three-game skid of maddening offensive ineptitude. Already losing to FSU and being removed from contention in the ACC Coastal before the end of October is an outright failure.

What would change opinions of Richt? If he hires an OC wanting to implement a completely different offense in 2017 and ends the current season on a lengthy winning streak, restoring some sense of pride and helping us finish strong on the recruiting trail. One single win over a five-loss Notre Dame squad shouldn't move the needle for anyone.

Agree...it's **** pathetic that we had defensive ineptness for 5+ years only to bring in a coRch that brings OFFENSIVE ineptitude and chaos with him. Asking a fleet footed qb to act as if he's running or to even be accurate while on the run is madness. Especially when that is NOT his strength.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back