How much will the board's opinion about Richt change if UM

Advertisement
My Opinion will not change about him no matter what happens this year. I still think he is a great coach. Needs to get his players in before I make my final Opinion.

I still expect to beat them, but my option of richt won't change this year, he need a couple years to build depth and get his players, we must remember Rome wasn't built in one day.

Advertisement
If i see a different offense out there it will change for me, if its the same sh¡t and we barely get by them it will be the same

I still expect to beat them, but my option of richt won't change this year, he need a couple years to build depth and get his players, we must remember Rome wasn't built in one day.

Rome wasn't built in one day but what about that program in Georgia? 15 years 0 NC's. Hopefully Richt gets a real OC and has better luck in Miami.

Not much, nor should it. The damage is already done with our three-game skid of maddening offensive ineptitude. Already losing to FSU and being removed from contention in the ACC Coastal before the end of October is an outright failure.

What would change opinions of Richt? If he hires an OC wanting to implement a completely different offense in 2017 and ends the current season on a lengthy winning streak, restoring some sense of pride and helping us finish strong on the recruiting trail. One single win over a five-loss Notre Dame squad shouldn't move the needle for anyone.

Advertisement
The offense would have to go on a tear for the rest of the season to wash the stench off the last 3 games Richt has given away.

It cannot be understated how poor a play caller he is. Notre Dame's defense has been bad all season so for the love of God we better put up points this weekend.

Hope we win out, finish 10-3 and head into the offseason on a good note. My opinion is that CMR was never a magician with a bottle of fairy dust to sprinkle on this putrid OL. He also needs to seek out a competent OC, demote his son and start focusing all his energy on the QB's.

Advertisement
Not much, nor should it. The damage is already done with our three-game skid of maddening offensive ineptitude. Already losing to FSU and being removed from contention in the ACC Coastal before the end of October is an outright failure.

What would change opinions of Richt? If he hires an OC wanting to implement a completely different offense in 2017 and ends the current season on a lengthy winning streak, restoring some sense of pride and helping us finish strong on the recruiting trail. One single win over a five-loss Notre Dame squad shouldn't move the needle for anyone.

Kind of agree with this. Defense played well enough to beat fsu and nc. Not winning those killed the excitement and momentum Mark had done a good job building. VT and being completely out of it already probably destroyed chance for a seriously top recruiting class. It left that "more of the same" feeling. IF ND was ranked high with a shot at playoffs, then beating them could be a spark to restart the fire. Now beating them will give us happy feelings like Al beating the gator -- always a good good thing but not meaningful when they suck.

For me Mark needs to take drastic action on the offense and every week he waits make it worse and gives him that Golden smell. Jon needs to go just to make it clear Mark is serious about change. Probably can't get a decent OC mid-season but he needs to go too. Oline coach does not look like an upgrade at all and needs to go. Mark selections of coaches sucked except for God dropping Kul in his lap. Jury still out on Manny. He looks okay but I don't like his messing with 3-4. Bitter memories of that crap.

Advertisement
ND is 2-5

zero.jpg

ND is a big game regardless of record. We need to start winning big games for the younger players to learn to win. As for the coaching staff, I could care less in regard to a win or loss of this game. They have work to do.

The results I want to see from the staff for the remainder of the season are as follows:
1. Winning at recruiting, specifically OL, DB and WR.
2. Win enough games to make a bowl game. The younger players can use the extra practices.
3. Win a bowl game. It has been about 10 years. This team needs it, regardless of how minor the bowl game is. It is part of rebuilding a mindset/culture that is sorely missing at this program.
4. (offseason) purging the program of players that do not belong, or do not want to fall in line. Don't care if we are undermanned again next season, get rid of the dead weight and make room for players. That goes for and coaches and staff spots as well. See Nick Saban for a blue print on recruiting on purging. You cannot win with a roster full of JAGs. This season is proof of that.

Advertisement
Back