How much can we actually pay a coach & staff?

To me, the staff budget is just as important as the HC.

Chizik won a title because he made the right OC hire (and had a generational talent at QB). Texas A&M is about to take the next step because they just made the right DC hire. UGA just got their OC from the NFL, and stole the national title winning FSU DC the year before.

Whoever we hire has to come with a budget and connections to put a quality staff together, IMO.

Advertisement
What they 'can' pay is likely very different from what they are 'willing' to pay.

I've been thinking about this a lot lately because after 13 long years in the wilderness - I'm just not willing to drink the kool aid or have any hope that even if they do fire Golden - that they'll make the right hire. This gang just can't shoot straight really isn't very interested in even trying.

What I think the missing link in all of this has been passion. Where is the will to compete at the very top?? They just don't have it. Name one thing the Miami administration has done in the last 10+ years to be among the CFB elite (other than cash checks)? Our real Achilles heel has been a succession of weak AD's. We need a strong, visionary, connected AD. I mean, Kirby? Eichorst? The current fool?

Pfft......I'm so ******* disgusted. The ACC and Adidas should be just as ****ed as we are......they was ROBBED.

it’s a ******* shame that schools like Iowa and Arkansas have better funding for staff than we do. This administration needs to get it together and pay for results

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back