How much better will the offense be this year?

It's a young team overall and especially on offense. Irvin and Brown have been here since 2016. Everyone else arrived since 2017. Just 4 starters return from 2018, and two of those were true freshmen. They'll struggle sustaining drives but will hit on a lot of explosive plays.
Donaldson
Nkosi (started half of the games)
Dallas (started a few games. Sometimes, he lead the team in carries)
Scaife (started the latter part of the season)
Jordan
Thomas
Wiggins (started 5 games)
Mallory (started 4 games)
Hartley (started 4 games)

We are definitely young, but we have a bunch of players returning that either started at least 4 games and/or played starter level minutes (9 players in total). I think we are going to surprise a lot of people on Offense.

Advertisement
What game did we use the triple option?

It was Pitt.

At 52:34, we are in 20 personnel with Cam and Dj on each side of Perry.

At the snap, Dj comes around Perry’s backand Cam runs the dive. Handoff goes to Cam for 2 or so and Perry and Dj carry out the optional on fake.

And this includes Jeff Thomas. If he wants to avoid his name being added onto the endless list that is Miami players being drafted after day 2 he needs to step up big time this year. Right now all he has going for him is potential and nothing else.

I love Jeff Thomas.
He made some incredible catches last year.

He's got to catch that TD pass at the end of the Duke game last year.

Advertisement
I appreciate the great feedback, thanks.

I think you guys will get 10 wins, but then get placed into a quality bowl where you'll be overmatched.

Tate will electrify against mediocre teams, but he's not going to be able to drop back and pick apart good secondaries with his arm.

I knew the Richt hire was an abortion the moment it was announced, but that's ancient history. I think you guys should have grabbed Matt Campbell out of Iowa State after you fired Richt. He's got Iowa State playing toe-to-toe against Oklahoma and Texas with a roster of 2 and 3 star kids, but I suppose that's another thread.

Thanks again.

I appreciate the great feedback, thanks.

I think you guys will get 10 wins, but then get placed into a quality bowl where you'll be overmatched.

Tate will electrify against mediocre teams, but he's not going to be able to drop back and pick apart good secondaries with his arm.

I knew the Richt hire was an abortion the moment it was announced, but that's ancient history. I think you guys should have grabbed Matt Campbell out of Iowa State after you fired Richt. He's got Iowa State playing toe-to-toe against Oklahoma and Texas with a roster of 2 and 3 star kids, but I suppose that's another thread.

Thanks again.
Depends. Will Terry Porter be refereeing?

Advertisement
I wonder if enos can do for tate what he did for hurts. Can he get 1 of perry or williams at least to a brad kaaya type level?

I wonder if enos can do for tate what he did for hurts. Can he get 1 of perry or williams at least to a brad kaaya type level?
Enos’s track record says that he can. Yes the offense will obviously improve with better use of personnel and playcalling but I think people are even underselling what enos is capable of doing with just the play of the qbs alone.

Last edited:
Advertisement
My concern is we will be a little better, when we should be a LOT better. We were so bad, even being average would be a huge improvement. If we see minimal improvement, I will break things. Nothing that belongs to me, but my wife won't be happy.

Advertisement
It's a young team overall and especially on offense. Irvin and Brown have been here since 2016. Everyone else arrived since 2017. Just 4 starters return from 2018, and two of those were true freshmen. They'll struggle sustaining drives but will hit on a lot of explosive plays.

Man miss me with that young talk. Everyone is young now.. either you can play or you can’t... we don’t need to be the Kansas City Chiefs.. don’t run a HS offense, catch the ball, don’t make dumb penalty’s and let’s roll EVERYONE

As long as Enos starts off with easy passes to settle one of the young guys down, I think we will catch fire on offense.

Brevin, Mallory, and the backs are the perfect security blanket for whoever wins the job.

We had some success with playaction last year, but did not use it nearly enough.

If Enos emphasizes it the way he has at other stops, don’t be surprised if the offense gets very good very fast.

I think they will put up at least 27 on the turds and that will be more than enough unless the secondary completely ***** the bed. We have reloaded in the secondary every year since Diaz arrived so I just don’t see any type of meltdown back there.

Advertisement
Back