How many

Advertisement
Then man up and answer the question
Your question is idiotic to begin with. It's akin to someone asking "when did you stop beating your wife". You don't have a clue about the discussions that were had between the family members, but here you are - appointing yourself to a moral high ground based on a situation whose context you aren't privy to. You're simply a moron.

Spent a year in the Vietnam jungle killing people smarter than you

You went to Nam. This alone invalidates your point, but that’s besides the point here. CFB is akin to the military.

Would a 4 star General leave the war room hours before a critical attack ?

Guy is doing his duty. There will be hours & countless more hours to grieve. I’m not seeing this drama you’re invoking here brother. Players lose family and play all the time.

Advertisement
You went to Nam. This alone invalidates your point, but that’s besides the point here. CFB is akin to the military.

Guy is doing his duty. There will be hours & countless more hours to grieve. I’m not seeing this drama you’re invoking here brother. Players lose family and play all the time.
Poor analogy. The general is in a life or death situation. The coach is at a FCKING FOOTBALL GAME. Not even close. If you think a game is the same as war, you obviously are a video game idiot. You don't get killed and just hit the start over button. So are are either a snowflake or buttercup

Funny as people on this board trash players that leave to support their family

Advertisement
I just love the grammar ****. Will put my education and job prestige against yours any day any time. But on the other hand, spell checker did that but message came across. You answered the question without answering. Nothing is more important than a football game to you. I feel Sorry for your family
YOUR idea of how family is supposed to act works for YOU. Don't try to impose it on others. If I were the son, I would tell my dad to go coach the game.

I’m sure he had a conversation with his son and his son wanted him to coach the game. No doubt in my mind. Orchestrating that performance was probably therapeutic for the guy

Advertisement
I don't know how to do one those poles, but how many on this board think your job is more important than the death of your daughter in law?? This is a game and that's all it is. I would never forgive my father for not coming to my side
She's already dead dude. The game is only 3-4 hours long. I would be ashamed of you as my son if you couldn't keep it together for half a day while I go and coach the biggest game of my career. Also, she was a sports journalist. She wouldn't want me to miss this game and neither should you.

Advertisement
Spent a year in the Vietnam jungle killing people smarter than you

Who didn't?

You know damned good and well that just because your close friends nearby got hit - you didn't drop your rifle to mourn. You finished what needed doing - dropping your opponents - and when the smoke cleared - THEN there was time for seeing to your own.

You had a job to do - a responsibility to the others - and only THEN could you do those other things.

And that's why we'd stay out in the field even while wounded - why we stayed out in the field sick as **** - we had a job to do - and others were depending on us doing our part.

Advertisement
Back