How many waivers . . .

Field’s application was primarily based on the Red and Black Band playing Glory Glory to Old Georgia over and over at games: sh*t was driving him crazy.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Shapiro took three years plus.

That pretty much let’s you know how in a hurry they are when it comes to us.

Mark Emmert is the devil. He wasn’t satisfied with destroying our basketball team’s season. He is going to keep trying to destroy our athletic programs every chance he gets.
It’s a shame we can’t sue him and his criminal organization. It’s time for the NCAA to go.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Author is a little biased in our favor based on his byline (fell in love with CFB watching ST26 highlights on the news in Pompano Beach) and there are some minor holes in each argument, but I hope he’s right...

Shapiro took three years plus.

That pretty much let’s you know how in a hurry they are when it comes to us.
And, to her credit, Donna Shalala saying we weren't going to self impose any more sanctions. Of course, the fact that they had plenty of improper interactions with their lawyers probably helped.

So Fields' lawyer said the racist remarks weren't included in the application. What was in the application then? No coaching change, no new QB brought in... How is it that Martell's waiver would create bad precedent but Fields waiver doesn't?
You are spot on. People are talking about Tate ducking competition yet Fields went to Georgia already knowing From just led them to the playoff. If anything there was no reason for him to get a waiver.

Patience boys. I got all rustled over how long the Dewan (Huell) Hernandez situation was taking to play out with hoops too. I even jumped to assumptions and conclusions that the NCAA was going to ***** us. But in the end it all worked out fine, right?

Pass the bath salts. It's Fri-day Fri-day!!!

Advertisement
So Fields' lawyer said the racist remarks weren't included in the application. What was in the application then? No coaching change, no new QB brought in... How is it that Martell's waiver would create bad precedent but Fields waiver doesn't?

This is what I've been telling everyone. Neither have a REAL reason, but Martell has MORE of a faux reason than Fields. Fields basically just said hey Emmert I'd like to play this year is that cool?

Field's attorney didn't need to mention the racist remarks. They were understood. The story was widely circulated and anyone not living under a rock was likely familiar. The NCAA and University of Georgia wanted the situation to go away as quickly as possible.
Martell will get cleared as well. Just be patient.
His WR coach was a hideous wife beater, HC leaves, sat out a year already. Just based on these reasons it's a slam dunk for Tate and Miami.

If the NCAA doesn't grant the waiver it sure makes a case that their messing with the young man's ability to pursue a career.

You are exactly right. Zero reason we should still be waiting for an answer. As a matter fact I’d be willing to bet good money that they’ve already decided. They’re just holding onto it as long as possible.

All of which makes me think it’s a BIG NO.
I think the other way, I think the dislike for Miami is so great, that if it was no, they would have said it right away and let the *****ing and complaining commence. I think he gets it, and they are hesitating towards spring camp to **** us off.

Advertisement
Again, someone tell me a logical reason for the delay.

Guess what? There is no logical reason for the delay.

Other than this: Emmert has a personal hard-on for Miami. Miami, and Donna Shalala, made him look really really bad at the end of the Shapiro investigation. I don’t know how many people remember, but even ESPN was touting and looking at the NCAA as the bad guys at the end.

Again, there is no reason for this delay. You don’t think Emmert and the NCAA know when spring practice starts? Oh, they are very aware.

Advertisement

I don't believe anything coming from Fields or his attorney. This sounds like spin to detach his client's name (and family) from the racism charges as he knows the NCAA isn't going to publicly fact check him on it and be like "No no no! We only approved it because he was at a racist SEC school.".

Even if the NCAA has a bias towards us, money should still talk.... idk why they wouldnt want to approve Tate and start a huge hype machine behind the UM vs. UF game to kickoff the season.... IMO Tate has similar polarizing marketing value as Johnny Football....

I hate Emmert & I hate the NCAA, they went as far as breaking the law trying to nail Miami during the Shapiro investigation. However, I think the reason for the delay is they know how polarizing this decision is going to be one way or the other. With that in mind, I believe they are formulating guidelines regarding future transfers. Once they announce Martell's decision, they will probably come out with an outline regarding transfer decisions.

Advertisement
Back