How many waivers . . .

have been applied for with the NCAA and how many have been granted for 2019? Anyone know? I've looked but can't find the info . . . I'm pretty sure it can't be confidential.

Advertisement
Just saw this on line:

All of them.
Except Tate’s.

But seriously everyday that goes by the NCAA can go ***** themselves. There’s zero reason miami should still be waiting for an answer

You are exactly right. Zero reason we should still be waiting for an answer. As a matter fact I’d be willing to bet good money that they’ve already decided. They’re just holding onto it as long as possible.

All of which makes me think it’s a BIG NO.

Keeping us in limbo. That way we are not settled at QB and having to prepare for all possibilities.

Advertisement
Advertisement
All of them.
Except Tate’s.

But seriously everyday that goes by the NCAA can go ***** themselves. There’s zero reason miami should still be waiting for an answer
Same thing they did with the Shapiro investigation. Drag it out as long as possible so that the wait itself becomes a penalty to Miami.

They will deny Tate. I have little doubt.

Just saw this on line:

So Fields' lawyer said the racist remarks weren't included in the application. What was in the application then? No coaching change, no new QB brought in... How is it that Martell's waiver would create bad precedent but Fields waiver doesn't?

The only GOOD explanation for it taking this long is that they were going to deny it and Tate’s lawyer is battling to the death.

However, the real explanation is that it’s Miami and the NCAA says f’em
That’s exactly the scenario I’m fearing. It’s the only thing that makes sense. They are denying it and Tate’s attorney is fighting like a madman.

Advertisement
So Fields' lawyer said the racist remarks weren't included in the application. What was in the application then? No coaching change, no new QB brought in... How is it that Martell's waiver would create bad precedent but Fields waiver doesn't?
Field's attorney didn't need to mention the racist remarks. They were understood. The story was widely circulated and anyone not living under a rock was likely familiar. The NCAA and University of Georgia wanted the situation to go away as quickly as possible.
Martell will get cleared as well. Just be patient.

Field's attorney didn't need to mention the racist remarks. They were understood. The story was widely circulated and anyone not living under a rock was likely familiar. The NCAA and University of Georgia wanted the situation to go away as quickly as possible.

Why so confident?

Advertisement
***** the ncaa if they deny tate use it as motivation and use whoever as qb and shove back up the ncaas a$$.us against the world f..k em you are either with us or against us.time to quit whinning time to kick a$$ have no mercy take no prisoners type of atitude.

That remark was not a reason for a waiver whether it was included or not (imho). Also, (agreeing with you in part) to have made that cause for waiver would open the floodgates to transfers out of the SEC. was never gonna happen.

Why so confident?

For all the reasons stated in the original post/article. In addition, the NCAA and especially Ohio State don't want a fight that dredges up the Urban saga and the domestic violence issue with Smith. A denial has the potential to get real ugly. Also, unless I'm wrong, haven't heard of any waivers approved at this point beyond Fields. There are a bunch being sought.

I don't believe it. I read UGA disputed the waiver initially and after negotiation signed off on it. Bet anything denial of the race card was part of the agreement. UGA doesn't want that associated with the school- they feel they "handled" the situation by dismissing the student.

Advertisement
Back