How many that are actually CANES

Advertisement
Advertisement
Grassy was the 1st Miami football site I went on, but can't remember when. Had some heated discussions, particularly in the political forum with vburd. I had the same name on Grassy.

Found the grassy in the late 90’s 98’ or 99’

This jumped out from the archives.....lol

Attachments

• 68C3D4ED-BDBB-44EE-9DB8-A96279599FC5.jpeg
    68C3D4ED-BDBB-44EE-9DB8-A96279599FC5.jpeg
    593.4 KB · Views: 20
Advertisement
Back in late 70s and early 80s living outside of fla almost impossible to get any canes news period.luckily in 81 bought an athlon and lindy preseason magazine.came across advertising magazine subscription for nothing but canes sports.first subscription mistake I didn't order first class postage corrected that .during football the magazine's came once a week with first class postage they arrived on Friday before the game.when I didn't have first class postage it's show up Wednesday after Saturday's game.can't mention magazine's names but they did recap previous game,preview upcoming games,recruiting news even covered the baseball team and other university sports.when I first got online I didn't visit chat rooms just searched any site that gave out canesports news.had subscription to several cane sites just didn't visit the chat rooms until one day on a rivals site checking out a story in 2012 was on my alerts that several nolie and gators fans were bashing the canes and fans so I went into the chat both barrells blazing.last year came across this site

Advertisement
Screenshot_20190129-225916_Chrome.jpg
I became a Canes fan when I was 16 in 2000, but I didnt hear about Grassy until 2004 when "Cane Mutiny" came out, then just read what was going on. I posted on the Sun Sentinel when Omar was running the Canes blog.

Back in late 70s and early 80s living outside of fla almost impossible to get any canes news period.luckily in 81 bought an athlon and lindy preseason magazine.came across advertising magazine subscription for nothing but canes sports.first subscription mistake I didn't order first class postage corrected that .during football the magazine's came once a week with first class postage they arrived on Friday before the game.when I didn't have first class postage it's show up Wednesday after Saturday's game.can't mention magazine's names but they did recap previous game,preview upcoming games,recruiting news even covered the baseball team and other university sports.when I first got online I didn't visit chat rooms just searched any site that gave out canesports news.had subscription to several cane sites just didn't visit the chat rooms until one day on a rivals site checking out a story in 2012 was on my alerts that several nolie and gators fans were bashing the canes and fans so I went into the chat both barrells blazing.last year came across this site
Still have a ton of my CanesTime stuff, all kinds of magazines, the weekly newsletter. etc.

Advertisement
This guy was on point.

Attachments

• 1092B2F2-1ACB-40C6-A65C-F36C89EF977E.jpeg
    1092B2F2-1ACB-40C6-A65C-F36C89EF977E.jpeg
    576 KB · Views: 14
Still have a ton of my CanesTime stuff, all kinds of magazines, the weekly newsletter. etc.
Me too clandestine and Canesport mags.one Christmas a friend of who's a big ou fan I wrapped his present about 8 times using old Canesport magazine cover and back pages back in 87 before we played them for the championship.

Advertisement
Back