How Many Sacks vs FSU?

I don't watch FSU (obviously) so I don't know much about them. Are they just unlucky this year or does their team have serious flaws? Sounds like the OL isn't great, but could the poor stats be a result of playing decent teams? Are you seeing mistakes on film which show poor technique that our D can easily exploit? And FSUs D, what is going on there? Lack of speed?

Serious flaws. OLine is very similar to ours last year, giving up pressure on 3 man fronts. Their DC is in over his head and can't scheme up a **** thing to slow anyone down. Very D'onofrio-esque system (complex and makes them think too much is what I've read).

I just find it hilarious how fast the times have changed. If you told me a month ago that they would be *****ing about the same **** we *****ed about for the last 5 years... It's honestly almost too good to be true

I assume that Charles Kelly will either be fired or demoted after this year.

Could be wrong but I don't believe Fisher allows bad assistants to remain forever like Al Golden did.

Somebody posted that FSU leads the nation in yards allowed per play which I found pretty incredible.
They're third worst in yards allowed per play.

cfbstats.com - 2016 National Team Leaders

That was a few days ago that somebody posted the stat so it's probably outdated.

Advertisement
I don't watch FSU (obviously) so I don't know much about them. Are they just unlucky this year or does their team have serious flaws? Sounds like the OL isn't great, but could the poor stats be a result of playing decent teams? Are you seeing mistakes on film which show poor technique that our D can easily exploit? And FSUs D, what is going on there? Lack of speed?

Serious flaws. OLine is very similar to ours last year, giving up pressure on 3 man fronts. Their DC is in over his head and can't scheme up a **** thing to slow anyone down. Very D'onofrio-esque system (complex and makes them think too much is what I've read).

I just find it hilarious how fast the times have changed. If you told me a month ago that they would be *****ing about the same **** we *****ed about for the last 5 years... It's honestly almost too good to be true

Could be wrong but I don't believe Fisher allows bad assistants to remain forever like Al Golden did.

Somebody posted that FSU leads the nation in yards allowed per play which I found pretty incredible.

That was a few days ago that somebody posted the stat so it's probably outdated.

Thanks all for the answers. I see the stats about yards per play, but stats don't always show the truth, i.e. If you've played a bunch of really good offenses, it would make sense that a mediocre defense would have poor stats. So then the question is whether the defense is just mediocre (and still can have a positive impact on the game for them ) or truly terrible (and we should be able to easily dominate on that side of the ball). If their defense has really no ability to stop the run or pass I am going to feel much better about our chances, even in a rivalry game, because I think our new defense will be able to make key stops.

Thanks all for the answers. I see the stats about yards per play, but stats don't always show the truth, i.e. If you've played a bunch of really good offenses, it would make sense that a mediocre defense would have poor stats. So then the question is whether the defense is just mediocre (and still can have a positive impact on the game for them ) or truly terrible (and we should be able to easily dominate on that side of the ball). If their defense has really no ability to stop the run or pass I am going to feel much better about our chances, even in a rivalry game, because I think our new defense will be able to make key stops.

Every P5 team they've faced has put up at least 36 points or something around that. That sounds like a bad defense.

Advertisement
If Miami gets 5 sacks, it is hard to believe we lose this game. I could be mistaken but that sounds like a high number for this game.

If Miami gets 5 sacks, it is hard to believe we lose this game. I could be mistaken but that sounds like a high number for this game.

When you factor in false starts, which I believe will be several for them, I can see them backing up a LOT. Factor in all the stupid penalties they are known for and I see them digging out of a lot of holes.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back