How many more canes going into the HOF?

JOE'CANE

Senior
I know Wayne, Johnson, Hester, Wilfork, and Gore have one foot in already but what about Olsen, Graham and Campbell? Do you guys think they might get in? Are there any other Canes you can think of that have the resume?

Advertisement
I know Wayne, Johnson, Hester, Wilfork, and Gore have one foot in already but what about Olsen, Graham and Campbell? Do you guys think they might get in? Are there any other Canes you can think of that have the resume?
G Reg needs to sign on with the patriots and win him a Super Bowl and he gets in.

All are doubtful. Olsen maybe but he needs a ring. TE is a difficult position to get in. Given the numbers TE's are putting up nowadays, he'll be viewed as a beneficiary of changing offensive schemes, not any type of groundbreaking player.

The five in line are probably the last of them and the next one hasn't even come to The U yet.

Advertisement
1DAC27DA-3302-4253-8DDF-EACA17FCA38B.jpeg

Advertisement
All those Canes have an up hill battle. Every year has more entry’s on the ballot. Wayne was very good but overlooked nearly his whole career.

Gore will have to wait a while. I think he caught everyone off guard with his career totals. I don’t think he was ever seen as elite in the NFL.

Wilfork has a chance if he has some big names to lobby for him. Has the Super Bowl Wins.

all our TE’s Shockey, Gramm and Olson were really good and respected but none had a career like a Jason Whitten or Antonio Gates who will be the next 2 TE’s enshrined.

Gore is a lock.

Johnson and Wayne will get in eventually.

Wilfork and Hester are 50/50.

Olsen and Graham are extreme long shots.

Campbell is interesting.

He’s gonna need to keep playing at a high level but he’ll have a legitimate case with a few more seasons.

Advertisement
All those Canes have an up hill battle. Every year has more entry’s on the ballot. Wayne was very good but overlooked nearly his whole career.

Gore will have to wait a while. I think he caught everyone off guard with his career totals. I don’t think he was ever seen as elite in the NFL.

Wilfork has a chance if he has some big names to lobby for him. Has the Super Bowl Wins.

all our TE’s Shockey, Gramm and Olson were really good and respected but none had a career like a Jason Whitten or Antonio Gates who will be the next 2 TE’s enshrined.

Gore is getting in easily. He's the #3 all-time leading rusher. That carries tremendous weight.

Wayne will probably get in next year.

Agree on the TEs probably not getting the call

Wilfork:
Total tackles:559
Quarterback sacks:16
Interceptions:3
Pass deflections:26
Forced fumbles:4
Fumbles recovered:12

Gore will get in but unlikely on first ballot. Yes, he’ll retire #3 all-time but some voters may look at that as product of longevity and not necessarily being a dominant running back, like Emmitt, Payton, or Sanders. How many seasons in Gore’s NFL career would you say he was the best running back in the league? Or Top 3?

If you had to pick between Gore and Adrian Peterson, right now, who would you choose? One or the other for the next HOF class. Forget APs off-the-field issue.

Advertisement
I don’t think so.

No special team player has ever made the HOF.

Kickers and punters aside.

And even then, I believe there are only 3 or 4.

Hester just made the NFL 100 players of all time. He’s going to be the 1st. He literally changed the kicking game. If the rules remained the same regarding kick offs, D Hest would have at least 6 more return TDs. If the Pro Bowl didn’t get rid of the ST position for those yrs, he would have at least 3 more PB nods on his resume.

I think he’s a lock.

Advertisement
Back