How many games does an all South Florida team win?

Advertisement
Are the coaches from Miami too? If so, then I’m dreaming about the following trio:

HC - Mario Cristobal
OC - James Coley
DC - Manny Diaz

shoe throwing GIF

*ducks*
That coaching staff would be disgusting...

In a bad way lol

Advertisement
Exclusively south Florida is not and never has been the answer either. Yeah it’s a lot of good to great players but it won’t get you over the hump. There’s a reason why the bama’s etc of the world has a few but roster is not littered with just players from south Florida

Not to detail this thread but It’s going to be real interesting to see how SFL talent does after COVID. Many families moved out due to inflation and insane housing market. I am curious to see how this affects the football community down here moving forward.

8-4

Defense would be solid

But the Offense needs a QB, Pratt is a 55-57% passer & has minimal arm talent.

Daniel Richardson at CMU would’ve been a better pick at QB than Pratt.
He had 2,633yds 24TD’s & 6INT’s at 60%cmp.

Plus the RB’s need to be revamped:
I’d replace McIntosh with Johnny Ford or Frank Gore Jr

Nate Noel would probably take Knighton’s spot as well.

Why didn't we offer Gore?

Advertisement
Not to detail this thread but It’s going to be real interesting to see how SFL talent does after COVID. Many families moved out due to inflation and insane housing market. I am curious to see how this affects the football community down here moving forward.

Have most of those families stayed within Dade, Broward and PB or are they moving to other areas of the state (or out of state)?

Doesn't seem like we've had that many folks leaving up here in North Florida

🎯

Advertisement
That’s an 11 win team with Richardson as your starting QB. The RB’s have enough versatility and depth that you can control a game Gore Jr, Chaney, Parrish, McIntosh, Thad, etc. Your defense is 2 and 3 deep with starters all around the country (Hyppolite, Frierson, Kendra Smith, Porter Jr., etc.). There’d be some depth on the OL in Marcus Dumervil, Marlon Martinez, Maurice Smith, and Jonathan Denis. The only spot not elite would be QB on the roster.

De
I know we're focused on the Canes, but as a South Florida homer we always talk about how good we'd be if we kept everyone home. Of course, that's unrealistic. Some kids will string us along (Brandon Innis, Jalen Brown) and some will be late bloomers. Mario and this staff give us the ability to recruit elite national kids and that's a must to compete for national championships.

But just for discussion purposes, how would this team stack up nationally?

QB- Michael Pratt (Tulane)

41/16 TD to INT ratio in his first two seasons. Deerfield Beach.

RB- Kenny McIntosh (Georgia)

Second-best receiving grade for RB in the PFF era (behind Christian McCaffrey and just ahead of Alvin Kamara). Second-round NFL grades from scouts. University School.

APB- Jaylan Knighton (Miami)

11 TDs in 8 games last year, including three of 40+ yards. Deerfield Beach.

WR- Zay Flowers (Boston College)

Pre-season first-team All-ACC. Biletnikoff Watch List. 17 career receiving TDs. University School.

WR- AT Perry (Wake Forest)

Pre-season first-team All-ACC. Biletnikoff Watch List. Set Wake Forest single-season TD record with 15. Park Vista Community.

TE- Kemore Gamble (UCF)

Mackey Award Watch List. Gator transfer with 414 yards and 4 TDs last year. Southridge.

OT- Tyler Steen (Alabama)

Vandy transfer who will start at LT for Bama. 6'5, 317. St. Thomas Aquinas.

OT- Kadeem Telfort (UAB)

Florida transfer who has blossomed after early off-field issues. Outland Trophy Watch list. 6'8, 320. Booker T.

OG- Renato Brown (Louisville)

Voted #24 overall returning player in ACC. Plays RT for Cardinals. 6'4, 317. Palm Beach Central.

OG- Marcus Tate (Clemson)

Third true freshman Clemson OL since 1972 to start a season opener. 6'5, 325. University School.

OC- DJ Scaife (Miami)

Voted #23 overall returning player in ACC. 40 career starts. Plays all over but projects to NFL at center. 6'3, 314. Southridge.

DE- Dallas Turner (Alabama)

Freshman All-American with 8.5 sacks. St. Thomas Aquinas.

DE- Yasir Abdullah (Louisville)

Voted #19 overall returning player in ACC. Bednarik Watch List. Ten sacks and 16.5 TFLs last year. Carol City.

DT- Brandon Dorlus (Oregon)

Nagurski Award Watch List. First-team All-Pac 12. Seven TFL and 2.5 sacks. Deerfield Beach.

DT- Calijah Kancey (Pittsburgh)

Third-team All-American. Lombardi Award Watch List. Seven sacks and 13 TDLs. Northwestern.

LB- MIkel Jones (Syracuse)

First-team All-ACC. Butkus Award Watch List. 113 tackles. IMG via Mater.

LB- Abraham Beauplan (Marshall)

Bednarik Award Watch List. First-Team All-Sun Belt. 104 tackles. Boynton Beach.

CB- Jason Marshall (Florida)

As true freshman, led SEC in lowest completion percentage against and lowest passer rating against on deep throws. Former five star. Palmetto.

CB- Davonte Brown (UCF)

Thorpe Award Watch List. Did not allow a TD last year. American Heritage.

NICKEL- Tiawun Mullen (Indiana)

First-team All-American in 2020. Preseason All Big-Ten in 2022. Coconut Creek.

STAR- Tyrique Stephenson (Miami)

Top 10 returning CB nationally per Pro Football Focus. 43 tackles and an INT. Southridge.

SAFETY- Jordan Battle (Alabama)

All-American. Bednarik Award Watch List. Three career defensive TDs. St. Thomas Aquinas.

SAFETY- James Williams (Miami)

Bednarik Award Watch List. Pre-season All-ACC First Team. American Heritage.
Defense would be nice but offense would be middle of the road.

Guys just turned out to develop at various places but there's a reason the LT goes to Vandy and not anywhere else in the SEC. He develops and now is elite starter level for the best team in the country.

Two words.....National Recruiting

Advertisement
Defensively, this is a really good team.

Offensively, there is some question marks.

I'll go 9-3 with the defense doing the heavy lifting
9-3 in what, the NFC east?
Are the coaches from Miami too? If so, then I’m dreaming about the following trio:

HC - Mario Cristobal
OC - James Coley
DC - Manny Diaz

shoe throwing GIF

*ducks*
“dreaming” isn’t the word I’d use for those coordinators.

I know we're focused on the Canes, but as a South Florida homer we always talk about how good we'd be if we kept everyone home. Of course, that's unrealistic. Some kids will string us along (Brandon Innis, Jalen Brown) and some will be late bloomers. Mario and this staff give us the ability to recruit elite national kids and that's a must to compete for national championships.

But just for discussion purposes, how would this team stack up nationally?

QB- Michael Pratt (Tulane)

41/16 TD to INT ratio in his first two seasons. Deerfield Beach.

RB- Kenny McIntosh (Georgia)

Second-best receiving grade for RB in the PFF era (behind Christian McCaffrey and just ahead of Alvin Kamara). Second-round NFL grades from scouts. University School.

APB- Jaylan Knighton (Miami)

11 TDs in 8 games last year, including three of 40+ yards. Deerfield Beach.

WR- Zay Flowers (Boston College)

Pre-season first-team All-ACC. Biletnikoff Watch List. 17 career receiving TDs. University School.

WR- AT Perry (Wake Forest)

Pre-season first-team All-ACC. Biletnikoff Watch List. Set Wake Forest single-season TD record with 15. Park Vista Community.

TE- Kemore Gamble (UCF)

Mackey Award Watch List. Gator transfer with 414 yards and 4 TDs last year. Southridge.

OT- Tyler Steen (Alabama)

Vandy transfer who will start at LT for Bama. 6'5, 317. St. Thomas Aquinas.

OT- Kadeem Telfort (UAB)

Florida transfer who has blossomed after early off-field issues. Outland Trophy Watch list. 6'8, 320. Booker T.

OG- Renato Brown (Louisville)

Voted #24 overall returning player in ACC. Plays RT for Cardinals. 6'4, 317. Palm Beach Central.

OG- Marcus Tate (Clemson)

Third true freshman Clemson OL since 1972 to start a season opener. 6'5, 325. University School.

OC- DJ Scaife (Miami)

Voted #23 overall returning player in ACC. 40 career starts. Plays all over but projects to NFL at center. 6'3, 314. Southridge.

DE- Dallas Turner (Alabama)

Freshman All-American with 8.5 sacks. St. Thomas Aquinas.

DE- Yasir Abdullah (Louisville)

Voted #19 overall returning player in ACC. Bednarik Watch List. Ten sacks and 16.5 TFLs last year. Carol City.

DT- Brandon Dorlus (Oregon)

Nagurski Award Watch List. First-team All-Pac 12. Seven TFL and 2.5 sacks. Deerfield Beach.

DT- Calijah Kancey (Pittsburgh)

Third-team All-American. Lombardi Award Watch List. Seven sacks and 13 TDLs. Northwestern.

LB- MIkel Jones (Syracuse)

First-team All-ACC. Butkus Award Watch List. 113 tackles. IMG via Mater.

LB- Abraham Beauplan (Marshall)

Bednarik Award Watch List. First-Team All-Sun Belt. 104 tackles. Boynton Beach.

CB- Jason Marshall (Florida)

As true freshman, led SEC in lowest completion percentage against and lowest passer rating against on deep throws. Former five star. Palmetto.

CB- Davonte Brown (UCF)

Thorpe Award Watch List. Did not allow a TD last year. American Heritage.

NICKEL- Tiawun Mullen (Indiana)

First-team All-American in 2020. Preseason All Big-Ten in 2022. Coconut Creek.

STAR- Tyrique Stephenson (Miami)

Top 10 returning CB nationally per Pro Football Focus. 43 tackles and an INT. Southridge.

SAFETY- Jordan Battle (Alabama)

All-American. Bednarik Award Watch List. Three career defensive TDs. St. Thomas Aquinas.

SAFETY- James Williams (Miami)

Bednarik Award Watch List. Pre-season All-ACC First Team. American Heritage.
8-9 games

Top 2 defense in the country. That offense is kinda iffy though, especially at QB, RB and TE. I would put Daniel Barker ahead of Kemore.

I don't think anyone foresaw Abraham Beauplan or AT Perry.

HC - Mario Cristobal
OC - James Coley
DC - Manny Diaz

shoe throwing GIF

*ducks*
Joe Brady at OC, Mike MacIntyre or Randy Shannon at DC

Advertisement
Back