How many games did Feagles cost us?

This is why I think we can potentially win a few games in 2019. Williams, Hedley, Lingard, Pope, Silvera, Hall, Jordan, Scaife, Reed, Campbell, Payton, Rousseau....it's some young talent on the team.
Dude with a couple of changes, this team can get it done!

Advertisement
pat o'donell or bosher kicking and we have 9 wins. Does not solve issues with offensive play calling NOR the ******* pile of dog **** offensive line but anyone who thinks you can play this game at a high level averaging 25 yrds a punt is a f*cking idiot and I would be happy to explain further

I think LSU was one that would have been TOTALLY different with actual field position flips.

I think this has not been discussed enough since everyone on here borrowed Alt-right pitchforks and torches and are marching to Richts house, BUT, I bet we have 2 losses flipped on special teams alone, probably even more. Can @Roman Marciante @Lance Roffers dig through the archives to find out just how many scores Feagles cost us?

I am watching the ND punter boom 50 yarders consistently and I know that is making clemson have to work hard in this game. This is not to be underestimated.
I dont know if we win any games this year with better punting, but I agree LSU is probably the one it had the largest impact.

Advertisement
Feagles gave us the best chance to win.

Van Damme.gif

Let me start by saying the offense, special teams, and coaching licked donkey balls.

QB play cost us the LSU game and played a HUGE part in many games (even W's).

Special teams cost us the UVA (punting), GT (KO and PR fumbles), and Duke (punting again) games.

Like I said, 2 games. I think LSU would have been a lot closer but unsure it woulda been a W.

Advertisement
pat o'donell or bosher kicking and we have 9 wins. Does not solve issues with offensive play calling NOR the ******* pile of dog **** offensive line but anyone who thinks you can play this game at a high level averaging 25 yrds a punt is a f*cking idiot and I would be happy to explain further
This ^^^^. The coaching staff really whiffed not taking another punter as part of the 2018 class. They counted on Feagles to straighten things out. HUGE MISTAKE!! The battle for field position is a huge part of the game. It is actually remarkable that our defense had such strong stats for the season and ranked so highly given that both Special Teams and the Offense screwed them royally. All great coaches know the importance of special teams. During our 30 year period of elite football, Miami always had awesome special teams. We need to get back to having:

1) Punters that can boom punts with great hang time
2) Place kicker that is accurate and has ice running through his veins
3) Coverage units that suffocate returners and knock some heads off
4) Return men that have elite speed, great vision, a great knack for running kicks back and some wiggle
5) The ability to block punts and FG attempts. Hoping Rousseau can block some with his height and huge wingspan

We have a decent Place Kicker right now and that's it. We're missing the other three elements currently. We won't be great until we have at least the first four above.

Winning the battle for field position helps pin offenses in difficult spots (limiting their options) and helps the offense start operate more often on a short field. It has huge implications for both the Offense and the Defense. It's just not that hard to get a solid punter. The coaches need to do better with the amount they are being paid.

CMR needs to assess every single aspect of every phase of the game. Fixing the QB, OL & punting situations properly are clearly three primary keys.

This is why I think we can potentially win a few games in 2019. Williams, Hedley, Lingard, Pope, Silvera, Hall, Jordan, Scaife, Reed, Campbell, Payton, Rousseau....it's some young talent on the team.

Lingard will disappoint. Has talent but seems like another headcase. Tweeting **** at Kelley Bryant not a good sign.

Feagles was a known quantity, and MR found his punting, or lack there of, acceptable to a team committed to competing for a National Championship. W the year prior, dontou Saban would have had him on the field, let alone in the team. Jimmy would have pulled his scholly...he did that if you weren’t worthy of it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
As an individual, ZERO.

As part of several obvious failed development programs? Yes, he was indicative of the P position not being developed (or responding to coaching) appropriately.

Advertisement
Back