How many "Fans"

Nope. Nobody "makes themselves feel better by claiming that we hope the program fails".

I don't think you want the program to fail. But you also refuse to look at things with even a hint of positivity or optimism. I've seen you write off games and tournaments simply because of a pitching rotation decision, and you NEVER come back to say "yeah, maybe I was wrong, the pitchers that I didn't think could be outstanding actually gave outstanding performances".

The other aspect that you share with certain posters is your dismissiveness of any other viewpoints other than your own. And before you try to accuse me of hypocrisy, I'll point out the real difference. I am strong in my arguments, I am persuasive in my arguments, I am not going to back down with a half-hearted "let's agree to disagree" comment. But I listen to other people. I acknowledge and respect different viewpoints and I do not expect to convince everyone to agree with me. I'm a lifelong Cardinals fan who can roll with Whitey Herzog's "Whiteyball" as well as enjoy Mark McGwire's home run exploits.

I don't care if you're a Gator or not. I'm just bothered when you give up hope before the games are even played. I imagine that you were one of those kids who would hit the "reset" button on your video game if you lost your first life too soon into the game.

15 years of failure leads people to give up when things look bleak. I would love to be the eternal optimist, but those guys look silly at the end of every single season.

Oh, and you're about the last person here who listens to other people. Be careful now, since you were warned about responding to me.

Advertisement
15 years of failure leads people to give up when things look bleak. I would love to be the eternal optimist, but those guys look silly at the end of every single season.

Oh, and you're about the last person here who listens to other people. Be careful now, since you were warned about responding to me.

I was not "warned" about anything. You want to cry when people respond to your terrible porsts, that's on you, that's your own personal choice.

"Fifteen years of failure". Oh lord, what an overreaction. We've made the post-season every year except 2017 and 2018. As much as anyone, I'd like for us to win the College World Series again and again. But NOT winning the title doesn't make us a "failure". Since Miami's last title in 2001, 15 teams have won the title, with 5 of those 15 winning more than one title. That doesn't make everyone else a "failure".

Besides, there's a difference between "not winning a championship in a while" and LITERALLY stating that we have no chance of winning games because Pitcher X started the game instead of Pitcher Y.

And as for "looking silly", who gives a ****? Oh, it's "silly" to be optimistic for your alma mater, just because we don't win a championship? That's just a quitter's mentality. We haven't won in football since 2001. Haven't won in baseball since 2001. Haven't EVER won in basketball. But each year, I base my "optimism" or lack thereof on the roster, the coaching, the schedule, and other factors. Not "waaah waaah, 15 years of failure".

As for what you don't know about me listening to other people, you are mistaken. There's a difference between "listening" and "agreeing".

Another long rant from the guy who would argue with a doorknob.

Remind us again how the #1 solution is to get more scholarships from the NCAA.

Jesus, you cannot fix stupidity with some people.

Sir, can you show me what the last 15 years of failure look like?

I know that we have not met expectations, but it surely has not been failure. There are lots of things that can be said about the program, and to debate, but failure is just not one of them.

Jesus, you cannot fix stupidity with some people.

Sir, can you show me what the last 15 years of failure look like?

I know that we have not met expectations, but it surely has not been failure. There are lots of things that can be said about the program, and to debate, but failure is just not one of them.

Not competing for a championship for 15 years at Miami is a failure. Not beating a #1 or #2 seed since 2014 is a failure. I’m sorry that you’re happy with home regional losses.

Advertisement
Not competing for a championship for 15 years at Miami is a failure. Not beating a #2 or #3 seed since 2014 is a failure. I’m sorry that you’re happy with home regional losses.
I understand all of that, and I am not happy with any loss, do not put words in my mouth. I am sorry that you are not happy with life.....but that is something you have to deal with.

The mentality, that not competing for a championship every year is a failure, is a great thing. Unfortunately that is not reality. Our program is NOT a failure.

I cannot stand watching the Gators kick our *** all of ******* time, but still, that does not mean we are a failure.

I understand all of that, and I am not happy with any loss, do not put words in my mouth. I am sorry that you are not happy with life.....but that is something you have to deal with.

The mentality, that not competing for a championship every year is a failure, is a great thing. Unfortunately that is not reality. Our program is NOT a failure.

I cannot stand watching the Gators kick our *** all of ******* time, but still, that does not mean we are a failure.
Failure’s a strong word. Disappointed maybe a stale program but not a failure

This is kind of silly because "failure" is relative and subjective. I'm 40 and started following Canes baseball in the early/mid 90's. So to me, having seen and experienced the success of the program, I undoubtedly consider the last 15 years a failure. If you're 20 years old then all you really know is the last 15 years and relatively speaking you might not be as quick to call it a "failure" because you never saw what it should like.

Last edited:
This is kind of silly because "failure" is relative and subjective. I'm 40 and starting following Canes baseball in the early/mid 90's. So to me, having seen and experienced the success of the program, I undoubtedly consider the last 15 years a failure. If you're 20 years old then all you really know is the last 15 years and relatively speaking you might not be as quick to call it a "failure" because you never saw what it should like.
I’m 37 and saw a decline after 2010 that kinda told me we won’t get to Omaha as often and in most years those factors would be non baseball related. So yeah I’ve seen us climb the mountain but then fall behind. Not quite sure that fall was all baseball related

Advertisement

Not happy with life? Are you so immature that you can’t just talk baseball? Good grief.

You’re changing the standard. Not competing for a championship EVERY YEAR is not a failure. We all agree with that. But not competing for a championship AT ALL for 15 years is a failure at Miami. It would be a failure at Duke basketball and it is a failure at Texas football. It’s not criminal to point out that certain programs have much higher expectations.

Our last 15 years would be acceptable at NC State, Missouri. We’re freaking Miami and we can’t get to a Super Regional, much less compete for a title.

“You guys expect us to compete for a title every year”.

No, no. Just once would be nice these days.

“You guys expect us to compete for a title every year”.

No, no. Just once would be nice these days.
Failure to me would mean that every year since 2008 (you said 15 years) we’ve had every ingredient to make a run to Omaha and haven’t made it can you honestly say that? That we were all set up to be a top 8 and failed? To me that’s failure based on yearly expectations

Advertisement
Failure to me would mean that every year since 2008 (you said 15 years) we’ve had every ingredient to make a run to Omaha and haven’t made it can you honestly say that? That we were all set up to be a top 8 and failed? To me that’s failure based on yearly expectations
If we’re never even set up for a run at Omaha, that’s even more of a failure than I’m talking about. That means we haven’t recruited worth a **** for 15 years and never showed any urgency to fix it.

This is kind of silly because "failure" is relative and subjective. I'm 40 and starting following Canes baseball in the early/mid 90's. So to me, having seen and experienced the success of the program, I undoubtedly consider the last 15 years a failure. If you're 20 years old then all you really know is the last 15 years and relatively speaking you might not be as quick to call it a "failure" because you never saw what it should like.
Again, I understand, I am 41 I have definitely seen what the program should look like. I moved to SC when I was 18, At the time my family was going through some life altering 'stuff', and I have been here ever since.

I have been in and around baseball since I started playing t-ball. I still enjoy the 'side hustle' I have and take part in almost year-round. I am actually fortunate enough to see the inside world of scouting, player profiling, etc., etc...I spend the majority of the time doing this around a baseball or softball field, but I get to spend a little time around a football field as well, and with primarily rising junior or senior high school athletes.

You are right failure is subjective and relative...but we not a failure. Iona, St. Peters, Dartmouth, Villanova...those programs are failures...

Advertisement
Not happy with life? Are you so immature that you can’t just talk baseball? Good grief.

You’re changing the standard. Not competing for a championship EVERY YEAR is not a failure. We all agree with that. But not competing for a championship AT ALL for 15 years is a failure at Miami. It would be a failure at Duke basketball and it is a failure at Texas football. It’s not criminal to point out that certain programs have much higher expectations.

Our last 15 years would be acceptable at NC State, Missouri. We’re freaking Miami and we can’t get to a Super Regional, much less compete for a title.
Trust me, I am just as ****ed as you, or as many of the Miami baseball fans out there. There is no argument there. I mean we have been to Omaha twice in the last 15 years, if I am not mistaken. Albeit, we sucked it up, but we GOT there. I am not sure if I was more ****ed in 2015 by the fact that Suarez didnt have his best stuff against UF in game 1, or the fact that they kicked our *** again in the NCAA tournament. That 4th inning was horrible.

JD's gonna send all you guys a hand-written note of thanks for defending him on a message board! You guys truly are THE best fans...I mean, better than any of us who ever doubt anything or see anything realistically in context. I mean...you're just soooooo much better than the rest of us, really. Great work guys!!!!

You Got It Ok GIF

/sarcasm

Advertisement
Back