How many "Fans"

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Classic.

I don’t want to be right. I want this program to win.

I don’t want to be right, I want this program to for once in the last 15 years to have the self-confidence to actually try.

I DONT WANT TO BE RIGHT, BECAUSE IT ISNT ABOUT ME

If you can’t see the difference then you are part of the reason why we are mired below our potential. If less people like you gave them support when they urinate in your face, then we would hear them unzip their pants a lot less often.

I don’t care if they gave the job back to Jim Morris or Gino or JD — if they win. I hope he makes me look like a living brain donor, because that means we are winning games.

Which is all that matters to me.

The hire is lazy and just taking care of donors drinking buddy

I’ll watch from a far and see what he can do… but I won’t be flying in for a weekend series like I usually do every season until I see those results. Zero excitement about this hire or the programs direction for the next 3/4 years,

Last edited:
Advertisement
I believe that this is a terrible hire that will result in us missing the tournament for several years. I will not watch a program not trying to win. If I am wrong and JD somehow turns us into a winner, I will be overjoyed.

Terrible thread, but totally expected.

The sunshine pumpers make themselves feel better by claiming that we hope the program fails. Let me explain something to you, clown. I walked to 30 games a year as a student. I dragged my family to south Florida every year for regionals or super regionals after I moved away. I am INVESTED in this program even more so than I ever was in football. I have better things to do than sit in game threads hoping Miami loses.

Of course, the response is "sure, Gator" because you don't have the ability to have a conversation.

The sunshine pumpers make themselves feel better by claiming that we hope the program fails. Let me explain something to you, clown. I walked to 30 games a year as a student. I dragged my family to south Florida every year for regionals or super regionals after I moved away. I am INVESTED in this program even more so than I ever was in football. I have better things to do than sit in game threads hoping Miami loses.

Of course, the response is "sure, Gator" because you don't have the ability to have a conversation.
1687870335269.png

Advertisement
Stupid question, and you know it. Do you really think the people who post on this board for 50+ games a year, go to games, give to the program, etc. really want JD to fail?

It's never been about JD, just as it wasn't about Gino. We'd all like to see a serious commitment to the baseball program and a commitment to winning ... this hire doesn't feel like that.

Different question - do you like the hire, and if so, why?

I wish Coach well, and will root for him to succeed, but I'm going to be honest. The success probabilities on this hire are pretty bad. Let's be honest, this fanbase wanted Dimare gone, despite him rebuilding the program following the erosion at the end of the Morris era. Did Dimare have a ceiling? Yes, and unless Rad spent the money or forced significant changes on staff, odds are Miami was going to be stuck in the cycle of being solid, but not elite.

We don't know if JD can even match that. He doesn't strike me as a great recruiter, and as a pitching coach, he was mediocre at best. What is his strong suit? What value does he bring? This was a "The AD doesn't care about baseball, and as long as the money people support JD, he will go along with it" hire. If JD fails, maybe Rad gives a crap in the next hire, but odds are he'll let the baseball money people keep making moves until he is forced to act.

Nope. Nobody "makes themselves feel better by claiming that we hope the program fails".

I don't think you want the program to fail. But you also refuse to look at things with even a hint of positivity or optimism. I've seen you write off games and tournaments simply because of a pitching rotation decision, and you NEVER come back to say "yeah, maybe I was wrong, the pitchers that I didn't think could be outstanding actually gave outstanding performances".

The other aspect that you share with certain posters is your dismissiveness of any other viewpoints other than your own. And before you try to accuse me of hypocrisy, I'll point out the real difference. I am strong in my arguments, I am persuasive in my arguments, I am not going to back down with a half-hearted "let's agree to disagree" comment. But I listen to other people. I acknowledge and respect different viewpoints and I do not expect to convince everyone to agree with me. I'm a lifelong Cardinals fan who can roll with Whitey Herzog's "Whiteyball" as well as enjoy Mark McGwire's home run exploits.

I don't care if you're a Gator or not. I'm just bothered when you give up hope before the games are even played. I imagine that you were one of those kids who would hit the "reset" button on your video game if you lost your first life too soon into the game.

Advertisement
Back