How long did it take you to realize that Golden sucked?

Advertisement
I turned after the Wake game

Wanted him fired after @ Louisville

And wanted him dead after Cincy

Advertisement
As soon as he was hired, I was rather suspicious of his resume. He got so much credit for turning around Temple but still had a losing record there. Furthermore, all the improvement he got credit for there probably just stemmed from the fact that they were moving from the Big East (which we, Va Tech and BC were members of at the time) to the MAC. I will always remember how after the 41-3 loss to Notre Dame in 2012 I went on the Scout and Rivals sites to question if people thought Golden was the right guy to coach Miami. Everybody got mad at me for asking that question and some people even accused me of being a secret FSU fan. Even when we were 7-0 in 2013 I never thought Golden was a good coach. Everybody without ridiculously huge Hurricane glasses on knew at the time that that was the least impressive 7-0 start a team's ever had. I remember believing it was a miracle when we were only down by 7 at halftime vs FSU in game 8. I was wondering if Golden should have been fired after the 2-4 end to the year in 2013. I thought it was unbelievably absurd that he wasn't fired after 2014. What about you?

prior to him starting once I had to google who he was . Shalala you fcken ******

Duke 2013 was when I started calling my friends in frustration saying he absolutely will never win here. I was ****ed the previous week against VT because there was no excuse to lose to them let alone get hammered by them at home.

But when I look back on his time here I feel like an idiot for trusting this guy after the Kansas State and Notre Dame games in 2012.

At least i'm not as big of an idiot as a guy like [MENTION=1740]brock[/MENTION] though who still believed in the guy in 2015.

Advertisement
I fcking lost it after virginia in 2012 when we made michael rocco look like tom brady but kept lieing to myself for quite a while after that. The 2014 louisville game was the first game i wasnt even mad because i knew what was coming

Nites was virtually the only poster to jump off board after Maryland, but we have multiple posters in here who are now saying that they knew after Maryland.

This thread is pure gold.

Maryland floored me. Kansas State - that ripped it forever.

There were just a handful of us who never again had anything good to say about the staff - and we caught **** from many posters here. We were "negative," we "weren't fans," "we needed to root for another team" - all that ridiculous crap - from blind people.

It took most of you another few years to start grumbling.

Then, there were a few idiots pulling for Golden and crew even as we started flying banners - "you're doing untold damage," "you're hurting recruiting," "this is uncalled for," on and on and on.

Well.

We see how that worked out.

Kansas State was pretty bad. For everyone who cites 2013 VT as "the game" that did it for them, I question how the **** they didn't scratch their head at the K State game. Their QB literally ran the same play for over 75% of the game and we couldn't stop it.

I missed that game. I was out of town. I heard that it was brutal and no adjustments were made on defense. IIRC, didn't they beat us 52-13 in Kansas?

2 different times I seriously questioned him, but gave him the benefit of the doubt and then UNC year 3 I was done with him.

1. Firing Rick Petri for Jethro
2. The Maryland game

3. Beginning of Year 3 - I kept telling everyone the UNC game was going to tell us everything we needed to know about Golden, because it was the first game we had that season against a respectable passing team and it showed the truth. UNC lit us up with the same pass play over and over (very similar to the Maryland game, not making any adjustment). That was the day I gave up Golden completely.

Nites was virtually the only poster to jump off board after Maryland, but we have multiple posters in here who are now saying that they knew after Maryland.

Maryland floored me. Kansas State - that ripped it forever.

There were just a handful of us who never again had anything good to say about the staff - and we caught **** from many posters here. We were "negative," we "weren't fans," "we needed to root for another team" - all that ridiculous crap - from blind people.

It took most of you another few years to start grumbling.

Then, there were a few idiots pulling for Golden and crew even as we started flying banners - "you're doing untold damage," "you're hurting recruiting," "this is uncalled for," on and on and on.

Well.

We see how that worked out.

My dawg Archer was right there with me in the fight against Golden...

We seen the light before the others.

Advertisement
Louisville game last year, I was part of that group that wait and see, am still a believer in that college coaches need to be given 3 full years of recruiting to gauge their ability to succeed here or at any school. Holy crap was I wrong on this man, though glad to admit and see what we have in place, appears night and day.

The most important aspect of what is taking place is that the University is finally opening up it's wallets, as long as they do that we will be able to attract quality coaches, and with the talent at their disposal be perennially successful to elite, which is all I ask as a realist. As an eternal optimist contending for the title every year

****gots like you who called people Randy slurpers, racists, etc..... Way to support a ****got *** head corch in GLUTENO ho.

No, there were several on CT, me included. I actually got banned even being a paying customer. Many were discussing the hire and how the temple fans take on him didn't paint him in a good light.

The reason nites didn't get more of a following is he thought Randy got the shaft and made it a black/white thing. If he would have stuck to his analysis of his tenure at temple he may have convinced more folks. Nites was on the free board at CT, right?

No, there were several on CT, me included. I actually got banned even being a paying customer. Many were discussing the hire and how the temple fans take on him didn't paint him in a good light.

The reason nites didn't get more of a following is he thought Randy got the shaft and made it a black/white thing. If he would have stuck to his analysis of his tenure at temple he may have convinced more folks. Nites was on the free board at CT, right?

I think you got it exactly right.

Advertisement
Louisville game last year, I was part of that group that wait and see, am still a believer in that college coaches need to be given 3 full years of recruiting to gauge their ability to succeed here or at any school. Holy crap was I wrong on this man, though glad to admit and see what we have in place, appears night and day.

The most important aspect of what is taking place is that the University is finally opening up it's wallets, as long as they do that we will be able to attract quality coaches, and with the talent at their disposal be perennially successful to elite, which is all I ask as a realist. As an eternal optimist contending for the title every year

****gots like you who called people Randy slurpers, racists, etc..... Way to support a ****got *** head corch in GLUTENO ho.

You stay classy San Diego smh

The word "virtually" implies here that he was not the sole person. He was definitely the most vocal, though.

And yes, he was on CT freeboard and I agree with your rationale as to why he didn't get a following. He was part of that group of mongoloids that included "Iwasbornacane" and "PLAYTHEFRESHMAN." Thank god those losers never made it over here.

Advertisement
Back