How long can Miami really afford to suck for?

Well, I think Clemson when Al Golden was fired was worse. There were fights breaking out in the stands..against other Canes fans.

But no I don"t blame them a bit. I woild be calling diaz a fwaggot if he was within earshot.
What were they even fighting about? If anything would have unified the fan base, I would think that was it.

Advertisement
They really weren't. Manny really is the nail. Shannon took over the program with enough talent to dominate the Coastal and had enough talent a couple years to win the ACC. Golden took over the program with enough talent to run the Coastal every year without any issue and as you saw with the close games with FSU, he at least had enough talent to compete with FSU for the ACCC. Richt had enough talent to run the Coastal. Manny was left with enough talent to absolutely murder the coastal. Only team in the Coastal with a 5 star. Double the 4 stars of every other team besides Va tech(and we are only a couple players off from that). Now, with Manny recruiting the way he does. The next coach coming in is not going to have the best talent in the Coastal and he may not even have the 2nd most talent in the Coastal. At that point its over. No coming back from that.

This.

Manny Diaz Sr was responsible for tearing down the Orange Bowl stadium

Manny Diaz Jr will be responsible for tearing down the Miami Hurricanes franchise.

The way he is recruiting, it will never be built back.

They really weren't. Manny really is the nail. Shannon took over the program with enough talent to dominate the Coastal and had enough talent a couple years to win the ACC. Golden took over the program with enough talent to run the Coastal every year without any issue and as you saw with the close games with FSU, he at least had enough talent to compete with FSU for the ACCC. Richt had enough talent to run the Coastal. Manny was left with enough talent to absolutely murder the coastal. Only team in the Coastal with a 5 star. Double the 4 stars of every other team besides Va tech(and we are only a couple players off from that). Now, with Manny recruiting the way he does. The next coach coming in is not going to have the best talent in the Coastal and he may not even have the 2nd most talent in the Coastal. At that point its over. No coming back from that.
Its crazy to think that 2 years ago we was the #2 ranked team in the country for a week

Lol sh*t is crazy

Advertisement
For all people like to talk about USC before Carroll, OU before Stoops, Bama before Saban, etc., people fail to consider that these programs have a much deeper and richer history than Miami does.

Those programs all had winning histories and national titles dating back a long time. Even when they were down for a decade or two, they remained CFB "brands."

Miami had a very mediocre football history before 1983. Bascially we were good from roughly 83-03, and have been very mediocre before and since. We're something of a blip on CFB history as a whole. I'm not really sure we can afford a long down period and be able to recover.

Well 15+ years and counting

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back