How I envision a 3-4 defensive front like Bama's looking at the U...

Advertisement
It would likely be more of a 3-3-5 look anyway. One linebacker is essentially a standup rush edge player and one DB is an on the box safety/striker/nickel.
I’ve noticed this too. Seems like a lot of 3-4 defenses only line up 2 inside LBs, with a DE at OLB and a safety at the other OLB, similar to a striker. So not too different from a 4-2-5 or 3-3-5 formation.

I want to see a multiple 3-4 defenses that shifts to a hybrid 4-3 and 3-3-5. The striker bs is trash and everybody that keeps saying all offenses run spread so you have to have a nickel every down is wrong af.

I want to see a multiple 3-4 defenses that shifts to a hybrid 4-3 and 3-3-5. The striker bs is trash and everybody that keeps saying all offenses run spread so you have to have a nickel every down is wrong af.
no you would be wrong. Unless you have a special athlete at LB you need the extra db. Nothing trash about a striker except the way diaz used it.

E - Shemar Stewart
NT - Jayson Jones
E - Leonard Taylor
OLB - Nyalik Kelly
OLB - Cyrus Moss
ILB - Wesley Bissainthe
ILB - Terrence Lewis

More of a wet dream than a vision right now, but possible.
Now I'm not a proponent of the 3-4 defense, especially in a passing league like the ACC, but dang that's a sweet front 7. Let's not forget about Chase Smith

Advertisement
LE - Jacob | Stewart | Elijah
NT - J. Jones | J. Miller | Ford
RE - Nesta | Taylor | JHH
OLB - Harvey | Kelly | Chantz
OLB - Brooks | Jabari | Moss
ILB - Flowe | T. Davis | Flagg
ILB - Chase | Keontra | Wesley

FS - Avantae | Kam
SS - James | Frierson

*bye bye striker :diaf:

FS - Avantae | Kam
SS - James | Frierson

Flowe is not coming but that’s why you’re Krazy

FS - Avantae | Kam
SS - James | Frierson

I don't think Ford or Frierson are returning. I could be wrong.

Advertisement
He's a perfect 3T/SDE. He's big enough to play inside and quick enough to play outside. Elijah should see the field alot more in a multiple defense

FS - Avantae | Kam
SS - James | Frierson

I wish y’all would stop depth charting mofos that are not on the team

Why are people concerned about having the right personnel for a 3-4 again?

Manny has recruited DE’s to play LB for 6 years lmao, we have a lot of guys i.e. Brooks, Harvey etc who would look a lot better with that transition. Go get your 0 tech and we fvckin!

E - Shemar Stewart
NT - Jayson Jones
E - Leonard Taylor
OLB - Nyalik Kelly
OLB - Cyrus Moss
ILB - Wesley Bissainthe
ILB - Terrence Lewis

More of a wet dream than a vision right now, but possible.
That is one **** of a wet dream! Love that line up. Are we pursuing Terrance Lewis?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Go watch the sec championship game and see how many times they line up in a 3-4. I rewatched the first half and Georgia wasn't in a 3-4 once. They ran 4-2-5,3-3-5 almost every play. Alabama ran a 4-2-5 the whole half except they were in a 3-4 when Georgia was at the 5 yard line and had two tes two rbs on the TD to Washington. So it doesn't matter if we have 4-3 or 3-4 as our depth chart. We just need to stop the run,tackle get a good pass rush and get off the field on third down. Everything else is what is out on a piece of paper when we release a depth chart

You're delusional man. Let me go through the top 10 scoring defenses for this season with you (and Bama).

1. UGA: Multiple 3-4 with Star position (Striker)
2. Clemson: Multiple 4-3
3. TAMU: 4-2-5 Base (5th DB is Nickel)
4. Mich: Multiple defense, appears to be in a 4-2-5 look for majority of their snaps (5th DB is Nickel).
4. Cinn: Multiple 3-3-5 (Nickel)
6. Wisc: 3-4 Base
7. Penn: 4-3 Base
7. OkSt: 4-2-5 Base with 3 Safeties (Striker by trait)
9. ND: Multiple 3-3-5 with Rover position (Striker)
9. Minn: 4-2-5 Base (Nickel)
18. Alabama: Multiple 3-4 with Star position (Striker)

So, of these 11 elite defenses....8 of them are running a base defense with a striker/nickel for majority of their non heavy set snaps.

Advertisement
Back