How I envision a 3-4 defensive front like Bama's looking at the U...

Advertisement
Advertisement
How about this version.

E - Shemar Stewart/Elijah Roberts/Jared Lichtenstein
NT - Jayson Jones/Jordan Miller
E - Leonard Taylor/Jared Harrison-Hunte
OLB - Chantz Williams/Nyalik Kelly/Thomas Davis
OLB - Jahfari Harvey/Cyrus Moss
ILB - Chase Smith/Wesley Bissainthe
ILB - Keontre Smith/Terrence Lewis/Deshawn Troutman

Don’t see Terrance being apart of the U unfortunately. That aside, the great thing about Mario that I think is undervalued..the mans name holds weight on the recruiting circuit nationally. You go look at the classes he had at Oregon, dude was cherry picking guys nationally the last couple cycles. So I don’t think we will see the 3-4 be as non effective as it was under Dno. We won’t be taking Squares and tryna fit them in a round hole

Last edited:
E - Shemar Stewart
NT - Jayson Jones
E - Leonard Taylor
OLB - Nyalik Kelly
OLB - Cyrus Moss
ILB - Wesley Bissainthe
ILB - Terrence Lewis

More of a wet dream than a vision right now, but possible.
Nice optimistic depth chart.

But, Stewart ain't coming in and just taking Jared's spot. And this D would be suited for Elijah, so I see him in rotation.

Same with the LBs. I mean, Chase Smith is a **** beast. And Keontra Smith can be our Darius Leonard, small undersized but tough fast LB who can tackle. I believe TAC will get lots of burn and shine. Huff can finally play in a position suited for him. Chantz could move to LB and rush the QB from that position, same with Harvey.
I will say our D will be tougher and punch a few in the mouth cause that dawg will be coached out of em.

Advertisement
are moss and kelly quick enough to play OLB? I feel like it would be more like this

(assuming we're getting the ppl OP is assuming we get)

E- stewart
NT - jayson jones
E- Harvey / Moss
OLB - C Smith
ILB - Bissainthe
ILB - T2
OLB - K smith / Kelly

I haven't kept up with it honestly but I hope frierson comes back, I know there were rumors he was leaving.

he would kill it as an OLB/pass rusher

1. Terrence Williams will not be a Miami Hurricane.
2. Wesley doesn’t have the size right away to play an ILB in a 3-4.
3. Chase is a coverage OLB, not a pass rushing OLB. OLBs in a 3-4 base Defense, are DEs.
4. Terrence Williams will not be a Miami Hurricane
No idea who Terrence Williams is so agree that he will not be a Miami Hurricane.

Advertisement
Advertisement
are moss and kelly quick enough to play OLB? I feel like it would be more like this

E- stewart
NT - jayson jones
E- Harvey / Moss
OLB - C Smith
ILB - Bissainthe
ILB - T2
OLB - K smith / Kelly

I haven't kept up with it honestly but I hope frierson comes back, I know there were rumors he was leaving.

Bruh!!!!!! You don’t run out there with 210 OLBs in the 3-4!! EVER!!! They’re basically DE’s that rush from two point stand!! Minimum 240 at that spot and they have to be long athletes as well. Yes they have to be quick but not small and quick. They would get blown off the line and parked into the nosebleeds lol

E- stewart
NT - jayson jones
E- Harvey / Moss
OLB - C Smith
ILB - Bissainthe
ILB - T2
OLB - K smith / Kelly

Moss/Kelly/Harvey would be OLBs in a 3-4 scheme like Bama uses Dallas Turner. DEs in a 3-4 are like 3tech tackles in a 4-3 (Taylor & Harrison-Hunte).

Oh, good lord, the same twelve 3-4 mental-*********or porsters have joined together for another thread.

What part of "we do not have the personnel to run a 3-4 and we wouldn't for years" can't people understand?

And before the "but, but, but, multiple, bro" nitwits jump in to defend the 3-4, let's make it clear that we have already been utilizing three down linemen at times. Just not as our base package, not only on the field, but also in how we recruit and build our roster.

So many "but I watch tape, bro, and it will work, dude" rocket scientists on this board...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back