How has CV affected you & what are you doing for entertainment?

Birthday bourbon is one of my favorites. I got three bottles this year. Literally a **** show chasing it down. Unbelievable how difficult it is to get something good now.

telling me. What are your go to bottles that seem to be harder to find?

Advertisement
Thanks for the alternatives, you seem to be a great cook... the problem is that I love heat, so I indulge when I go to restaurants... also I love okra and slime too.... plus she doesn't like sausage either... she's actually a major pain when it comes to food, I tell her all the time and she agrees.
Getting back to the shrimp creole and grits, she loves it when I make it. I sauté the usual: onions, bell peppers, garlic, various dry spices, parsley, white wine reduction, lemon zest. The tomato sauce I use is a little marinara sauce which I usually have an open bottle of good stuff in the fridge. I use only fresh jumbo shrimp and for flavor I add fresh juice-filled little neck clams. My trick and one of my secret ingredients is approx. one teaspoon of the stuff below... not too much so she doesn't feel real heat but instead just a little sweet spice.

Man, imma have to jock this recipe bro. That sounds hella good & a nice alternative!

Who would’ve known COVID-19 turned CIS to Cooking InSight. Lol

My 93 old father-in-law passed away this morning. Not Covid-19 related. He'd been in a nursing home for 2 weeks and the hospital 2 weeks prior. None of us had seen him for 3 weeks - including my mother-in-law - due to them being on lock down. It was a blessing and a curse for my mother-in-law. She had to stay home and rest but worried constantly.

The main reason I'm sharing this is to shed some light on just another way this **** virus affects us in many unseen ways.

Keep your chins up my friends! This too shall pass.
RIP to your father, condolences & prayers up to you & your family 🙏🏾

Advertisement
As I am retired & on social security, no affect on income, however my IRA portfolio is taking a beating, Told my sons their inheritance was taking a big hit. As I am old as dirt (82) & just had open heart surgery this past Oct. I am pretty much staying at home & read the newpaper daily, surf the net, watch tv (have netflix) more than I ever have, call my friends and read novels. Just got some books by Patterson & Balducci. While I like myself, I am getting real tired of my own company.
Op you need to get on black twitter..**** has been interesting to say the least

I didn’t see this before. That must be incredibly difficult, with this situation, that you couldn’t even visit him, or anyone in your family.

My condolences to you.

Hope the rest of your family is well.
Thanks OCCC.

It was a blessing and a curse in some ways. You and many others have lifted my spirits. Much appreciated.

I can buzz through a package of raw okra. A little buffalo sauce and okra is a perfect snack for me.

Advertisement
My 93 old father-in-law passed away this morning. Not Covid-19 related. He'd been in a nursing home for 2 weeks and the hospital 2 weeks prior. None of us had seen him for 3 weeks - including my mother-in-law - due to them being on lock down. It was a blessing and a curse for my mother-in-law. She had to stay home and rest but worried constantly.

The main reason I'm sharing this is to shed some light on just another way this **** virus affects us in many unseen ways.

My sincerest condolences 423H

This place has gone from Jerome Brown to Martha Stewart.

That said, I'm dying to get to this shrimp and grits recipe. I just haven't found the right size shrimp yet and haven't really shopped since this started.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Sorry your loss my friend.

Thanks!

The many kind words I've received has lifted my spirits.
Hey brother, my father passed in 2001 at age 81, and my father-in-law passed two years ago... he was also 93. If you were touched by your FIL as I was then you are also blessed... I loved him like a father for many reasons... and when sweet memories of them creep up into your heart out of nowhere, you then know that they were special people in your life... and they will be missed.

Advertisement
Back