How has CV affected you & what are you doing for entertainment?

Ever since I had Shrimp and grits in Charleston SC I can't get enough of it. That added to my usual Louisiana cuisine, walking, exercising and cable has kept me healthy and sane

Hmmmm...so @caneinorlando is hiring? Good to know
My parents spend half the year in Charleston and I’m there right now. Food is incredible here especially the shrimp and grits

Advertisement
I'll be down.

Seriously, love that dish.

Bro, same here. It's all about the Rue. I get my rue a chocolate brown.....not as dark as my gumbo rue, but it's a good chocolate brown with the chopped bell peppers (red and green), I like using yellow onions b/c of it's sweetness, garlic, a little jalapenos for a bit of a kick, chicken broth, and jumbo shrimps that's seasoned thoroughly w/ cajun seasoning. It's a perfect combination. The key w/ the grits is not only to whisk the entire time, but to dump a whole stick of butter at the very end of the process and then add the sharp cheese annnnnnnnnnnnnnd HEAVY CREAM. Man, creamy and fulfilling.

Ever since I had Shrimp and grits in Charleston SC I can't get enough of it. That added to my usual Louisiana cuisine, walking, exercising and cable has kept me healthy and sane

Hmmmm...so @caneinorlando is hiring? Good to know

Shrimp and grits is a ridiculous meal, and if I could kiss the person who created this on their forehead....I would. Not everyone can make it well. A lot of the ones I've had, they leave the veggies too crunchy. I let my onions, peppers, garlic, and bouillon sauteed for a cool minute in bacon fat. Fortunately, my dad is Creole and his side of the family is from Mississippi and Louisiana; so I'm just filled w/ Southern Cuisine from the Bayou in my repertoire.

Etouffe, Egg and Rice, and Shrimp and Grits are by far my most favorite to make. Gumbo, while I do love it......it's hella expensive and time consuming to make, if you make it the way you should. I gotta learn how to break up my days with Gumbo. To make the seafood stock, along w/ the perfect rue (dark chocolate brown), and to get all the moisture out of the okra w/ out frying it out.........head ache.

Bro, same here. It's all about the Rue. I get my rue a chocolate brown.....not as dark as my gumbo rue, but it's a good chocolate brown with the chopped bell peppers (red and green), I like using yellow onions b/c of it's sweetness, garlic, a little jalapenos for a bit of a kick, chicken broth, and jumbo shrimps that's seasoned thoroughly w/ cajun seasoning. It's a perfect combination. The key w/ the grits is not only to whisk the entire time, but to dump a whole stick of butter at the very end of the process and then add the sharp cheese annnnnnnnnnnnnnd HEAVY CREAM. Man, creamy and fulfilling.

That.....…………….sounds amazing.

Advertisement
Shrimp and grits is a ridiculous meal, and if I could kiss the person who created this on their forehead....I would. Not everyone can make it well. A lot of the ones I've had, they leave the veggies too crunchy. I let my onions, peppers, garlic, and bouillon sauteed for a cool minute in bacon fat. Fortunately, my dad is Creole and his side of the family is from Mississippi and Louisiana; so I'm just filled w/ Southern Cuisine from the Bayou in my repertoire.

Etouffe, Egg and Rice, and Shrimp and Grits are by far my most favorite to make. Gumbo, while I do love it......it's hella expensive and time consuming to make, if you make it the way you should. I gotta learn how to break up my days with Gumbo. To make the seafood stock, along w/ the perfect rue (dark chocolate brown), and to get all the moisture out of the okra w/ out frying it out.........head ache.

Maaaaaan!! :love: You making my mouth water

I have to admit that having the time for cooking MY food, in MY proportions, the exact way that I like MY food has been one of the better things that have come out of being closed in.

I'm now rapidly expanding my range of expertise and experimenting with many other Louisiana dishes I've never tried.

I shared some with my neighbors, but then they started to expect it..."Mr. & when you cooking some more of that Gumbo etc etc".....I told them I'd only bring them some more if they reciprocate by making some of their scrumptious dishes....but only if they can burn.

Because there are two things that I really can't stand....bad cooking and bad puzzy...so far I've really been blessed

My parents spend half the year in Charleston and I’m there right now. Food is incredible here especially the shrimp and grits

IF Magnolia's on East Bay Street is still open OR if you can order take out from them be sure and try them

That.....…………….sounds amazing.

Man, I legit love to cook, and would open my own restaurant in the Bay if I could. There's literally a tiny handful of Southern, Soul, Cajun restaurants out here, and b/c there's no competition, they skimp on the food while driving up the price point. I made my office some fried gator tails several months back, then made some bacon mac and cheese w/ like 5 different types of cheese.....they immediate said I was in the wrong line of business. lol.

I think I'm going to make some Hennessy wings tomorrow. This shelter in place got me in the kitchen way too tough. lol.

Man, I legit love to cook, and would open my own restaurant in the Bay if I could. There's literally a tiny handful of Southern, Soul, Cajun restaurants out here, and b/c there's no competition, they skimp on the food while driving up the price point. I made my office some fried gator tails several months back, then made some bacon mac and cheese w/ like 5 different types of cheese.....they immediate said I was in the wrong line of business. lol.

I think I'm going to make some Hennessy wings tomorrow. This shelter in place got me in the kitchen way too tough. lol.

We've been doing a lot of grilling; in 3 weeks I've put on 5 lbs.

This week I'm cutting down on beer and increasing my exercise. It's like the ' Freshman 15' all over again, ha!

I'm living vicariously through your posts on this thread, I love love cajun/creole food something fierce!

Advertisement
Maaaaaan!! :love: You making my mouth water

I have to admit that having the time for cooking MY food, in MY proportions, the exact way that I like MY food has been one of the better things that have come out of being closed in.

I'm now rapidly expanding my range of expertise and experimenting with many other Louisiana dishes I've never tried.

I shared some with my neighbors, but then they started to expect it..."Mr. & when you cooking some more of that Gumbo etc etc".....I told them I'd only bring them some more if they reciprocate by making some of their scrumptious dishes....but only if they can burn.

Because there are two things that I really can't stand....bad cooking and bad puzzy...so far I've really been blessed

That's bible, bro. lol. Real talk, cooking at home is way better than going out. The only reason why we go out is b/c of convenience or if you got a baddie on your arm, to impress her to get dem drawers.

Once you lock in Louisiana Cuisine, not one single MFer can F w/ u in the kitchen b/c Louisiana cuisine touches upon African, Spanish, French, and Native American cuisines. In my opinion, the Louisiana kitchen is the foundation to expand over to other recipes from different parts of the world.

We've been doing a lot of grilling; in 3 weeks I've put on 5 lbs.

This week I'm cutting down on beer and increasing my exercise. It's like the ' Freshman 15' all over again, ha!

I'm living vicariously through your posts on this thread, I love love cajun/creole food something fierce!

Brotha, I gotta cut back myself man. I'm so used to going to the gym and burning off whatever I eat. The eating hasn't stopped, but the gym has. lol. Whatchu been grilling though?

Brotha, I gotta cut back myself man. I'm so used to going to the gym and burning off whatever I eat. The eating hasn't stopped, but the gym has. lol. Whatchu been grilling though?

Nothing fancy. Burgers, ribs( I don't have a smoker), sausage. Tonight it's jerk chicken, which is another food I LOVE.

Walkerswood Jerk Seasoning is the best one I've found out there. It's a wet paste/rub as opposed to a dry seasoning. I prefer the Hot and Spicy version. Soooo good. Sides are going to be black beans and greens.

Nothing fancy. Burgers, ribs( I don't have a smoker), sausage. Tonight it's jerk chicken, which is another food I LOVE.

Walkerswood Jerk Seasoning is the best one I've found out there. It's a wet paste/rub as opposed to a dry seasoning. I prefer the Hot and Spicy version. Soooo good. Sides are going to be black beans and greens.

Man, do I looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove jerk chicken. Used to date a girl from Belize (don't know why we didn't get married.........oh that's right, she was crazy as ****)

Anyways....her family was all in to the West Indie Cuisine. Man, they introduced me to jerk chicken (the wet rub like you said), and jerk french fries to go w/ it (dry rub).....legit almost asked for her hand in marriage right then in and there. (besides her 48 F chest and small waist)

Advertisement
- Wake up at 6AM, walk my dogs, go run/get my cardio in, hit some push ups, sit-ups, lat dips, pull ups & burpees, then hydrate & fix breakfast.
- 2 hours Muay Thai training on the heavy bag, shower, get dressed.
- Eat, watch movies, research shìt that I care about & practice guitar & keyboard.
- Calm my fiancé down because she's a teacher & is super emotional that doesn't get to see her kids everyday lol.
- Eat, watch more movies & documentaries, then eventually fall asleep.

How very kind....thank you. I am very fortunate in that my 29 year old grandson lives with me & takes care of a lot of things.

What a blessing!

My brother and I have three elderly households we’re taking care of, so it’s all part of a routine for me.

Hang in there and stay healthy.

Advertisement
That's bible, bro. lol. Real talk, cooking at home is way better than going out. The only reason why we go out is b/c of convenience or if you got a baddie on your arm, to impress her to get dem drawers.

Once you lock in Louisiana Cuisine, not one single MFer can F w/ u in the kitchen b/c Louisiana cuisine touches upon African, Spanish, French, and Native American cuisines. In my opinion, the Louisiana kitchen is the foundation to expand over to other recipes from different parts of the world.

TRUE DAT

The goal has always been to get them back to your house.....there is NO better way that gets them there so willingly.

It's Scripture, it's the word of the Prophet, Buddha and Confucius said it continuously, it was the eleventh commandment that was chipped off as Moses came down from the Mount.....even Devil worshippers and other Heathens know that that is word

Late in life Teacher, doing on-line classes for the rest of the year. I teach Culinary now, a cushy gig (Used to have a Behavior Unit - the lady I too over for had a whole host of Hurricane starters (Spence's group) when she taught at Miami NorthWestern).

So first week's lesson was Home Made Pasta and The perfect scrambled eggs - try it how Gordon Ramsy (Talk about twitch, guy's quick in a kitchen) does it - he even makes mistakes. Use sour cream if you can't find Creamfresh. Like he says, perfect way to impress whoever you left in bed on a special morning.

**** Rell's Kitchen....................got a ring to it.

Advertisement
Back