How has CV affected you & what are you doing for entertainment?

daytonacane

Redshirt Freshman
As I am retired & on social security, no affect on income, however my IRA portfolio is taking a beating, Told my sons their inheritance was taking a big hit. As I am old as dirt (82) & just had open heart surgery this past Oct. I am pretty much staying at home & read the newpaper daily, surf the net, watch tv (have netflix) more than I ever have, call my friends and read novels. Just got some books by Patterson & Balducci. While I like myself, I am getting real tired of my own company.

Advertisement
As I am retired & on social security, no affect on income, however my IRA portfolio is taking a beating, Told my sons their inheritance was taking a big hit. As I am old as dirt (82) & just had open heart surgery this past Oct. I am pretty much staying at home & read the newpaper daily, surf the net, watch tv (have netflix) more than I ever have, call my friends and read novels. Just got some books by Patterson & Balducci. While I like myself, I am getting real tired of my own company.
I picked me up a rescue dog. Not sure who rescued who.

Advertisement
Company I work for is still open and fortunately we are busy as ****. Worked from home a couple days over the last couple weeks but this week I’ll probably spend all 4 days working at home (Off For Good Friday).

Other than that, working out at home and doing a lot of cooking. Stay safe out there everyone!

My business have been cut in half; absolutely sucks in my line of work, but I’m still working and have residuals.

Been cooking like crazy, though. Like gourmet Louisiana cuisine. Just got done making some shrimp & cheese grits. Trying to get a job at @caneinorlando kitchen when this all done. Lol
What type of business you have? Can shoot a PM if you want bro

I'm an essential employee, so I'm still showing up to work. That said, I'm only in the office 3 days per week instead of 5, and I'm out a lot earlier. Not seeing as many clients, doing most of my outreach via phone.

Entertainment wise, I've had time to get caught up on some reading, just moved into a bigger place so that has taken up a ton of time.

3F16E78A7F78B4A7EAC99E52C31885EC81F7AC5A

Advertisement
paypal.me/jondonesample15

Canes fam if anyone could help it would be a blessing I have 4$ in my account. I have been laid off for almost 3 weeks I work in a kitchen(Mexican restaurant). I have filed for unemployment and finally got approved. I filed in 2014 and they sent me a card which of course I no longer have I called today and there saying i won't get a card till between the (14-17) this month. Please no smart *** comments I literally have a box of Mac an cheese left I have a 3 year old daughter that I I have 50/50 custody with. If you want proof I have no problem providing pics if my account and fridge. I hope everyone safe and staying home no matter what love y'all and can't wait for the season to start Go Canes thank you..

paypal.me/jondonesample15

Canes fam if anyone could help it would be a blessing I have 4$ in my account. I have been laid off for almost 3 weeks I work in a kitchen(Mexican restaurant). I have filed for unemployment and finally got approved. I filed in 2014 and they sent me a card which of course I no longer have I called today and there saying i won't get a card till between the (14-17) this month. Please no smart *** comments I literally have a box of Mac an cheese left I have a 3 year old daughter that I I have 50/50 custody with. If you want proof I have no problem providing pics if my account and fridge. I hope everyone safe and staying home no matter what love y'all and can't wait for the season to start Go Canes thank you..
FYI, the local food banks are open, with lots of people donating groceries, money, etc. Google a local food bank, perhaps a church affiliated, perhaps just a philanthropic organization. For your daughter’s sake, go visit one, they won’t turn you away. You’ll be surprised how generous they can be, especially for your daughter’s dietary needs. PLEASE DO IT NOW, don’t wait for money to arrive. Good luck to you, and stay safe.

I’m retired so not much changed. My son is a sous-chef and he’s been cut 2 weeks ago when all the restaurants closed their dining room. We are in Canada, so he’ll receive 2k a month starting this week by the gouvernment.

Advertisement

God bless you and keep you.

PM me if you need anything

My business have been cut in half; absolutely sucks in my line of work, but I’m still working and have residuals.

Been cooking like crazy, though. Like gourmet Louisiana cuisine. Just got done making some shrimp & cheese grits. Trying to get a job at @caneinorlando kitchen when this all done. Lol
CaneinOrlando is weeks away from retirement....The restaurant and Hospitality business are a mess....Terrible

My father is 84 and my mom is 81 and are going through the same thing (they aren't together). Make sure those boys of yours are calling you enough for your liking. If they aren't, tell them to call more!

Advertisement
Lost my grandmother early last month (not to covid). Been especially hard because I haven’t been able to get my life back to any sort of normalcy, as we began working from home the week I came back to work. However, because I can’t just go out and hang with friends, I have started a home workout routine to use my free time (a schit ton when the wife isn’t nagging me) to try to build healthier habits.

I work in the medical supply business so we're busy as ****. The problem is our products can't get to these research labs and hospitals fast enough. The major freight carriers are slammed.

After 4pm I've been working out at home a lot, jogging, watching a couple of NetFlix series and finding the end of the internet.

Advertisement
Back