How good is UF really?

Advertisement
I stand by my 5 loss prediction. They don't beat UGA, USCe, LSU or FSU. The only one I could see them beating there is maybe USCe because their QB play is as spotty as UF. Aside from FSU, all of those games are on the road too.

Great win for us yesterday against a great defense. We should all hope for our own rankings sake that UF wins out. But look ar their schedule and their horrible offense. Calling for a 5 loss season for the Gates doesnt diminsh our win. Its just realistic.

They are very good. While they lost Floyd, they didn't have a healthy Powell last year. On top of that Fowler and Bullard are in their second year. Elam was a loss but their secondary returned everyone else. I would say that their DL and secondary are even better than last year. They had a drop off at LB. On offense they lost some on the OL, but other than that everybody else came back. This notion that they are so horrible on offense is over played. That same offense was good enough to beat the likes of USCe, LSU and the Aggies last year. Yeah they struggled against the Aggies but they still pulled it out. This was a big win for us and there is no way to down play it.

Their defense is no joke. Muschamp is a defensive coach, and they have a handful of 1st/2nd round draft picks on the defensive side. They will win more than 7 games. I'll bet anybody any amount of money they beat USCe straight up. If anybody wants to take that bet....let me know.

I am confident in this:
If we play them again in a bowl game....we win. We'll come with more confidence and hopefully a better offense

This game was HUGE for our confidence

Advertisement
They will be good enough to kill aTm and Manziel.

IMHO they stomp on GA and USCe. I don't think their offenses are much better than UF's after watching their game yesterday, but the UGA and USCe defenses don't hold a candle to what the Gator's are trotting out there.

I always laugh at all that SEC defense talk. South Carolina and Georgia's defenses both look like sieves. There are 3 good defenses in the SEC. The rest are puke.

UGA defense looked like straight dog **** the last two games. You are correct there are only a few good defense's in the SEC. Honestly there are only a few good teams in the SEC. The rest is hype. Because they start out so highly ranked it gives them an edge for pretty much EVERY conference game. Well, when Miami beats UNC how come we won't jump up to #3? If USCW beats Oregon will USCW jump to the top 5? If Purdue beats OSU will Purdue become a ranked? The answer is no and I think that's bull****.

They schedule conference games and OOC cupcake teams and get to the NC.
LSU and BAMA are the class of that conference. Well you could say that about most conferences right now. Stanford and Oregon in Pac-12? OSU and Mich in B1G? Clemson, FSU, and Miami in the ACC?

The bowl games prove who is dominant there is absolutely NO reason why Alabama should've played LSU in 2011.

To go from unranked to the MNC game is tough to impossible, and frankly, as of right now, we are not quite there yet anyway. However, we are and always will be in a recruiting war with Florida, so my preference is that they lose at least a few more games.

Right on the money. I hope between UF and UGA they lose all the rest of their games. No Sympathy.

Florida is gonna handle UGA. UGA's defense will make driskel look like Aaron Rodgers and their defense will do enough to hold their offense in check. Same goes for USCe.

Florida has a spectacularly good defense. Wow. I was very impressed at how good they were. F's offense is mediocre. Driskel made some great throws with pass rushers right in his face and about to sack him, but then he screwed up a bunch also. We more than handled Florida's run game, but I really think a lot of that was us.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I expect four more losses for them. Georgia, LSU, USCe, and likely FSU. Defense will keep them in it but not enough.

their dline will feast on usce who are extremely overrated....On defense Skai Moore looks to be one of USCE best lbs...and he is a true fresh....that aint saying much...UF can run the balld own their throats imo.

UF may lose 3 games this yr.....

I hope the gators go 12-1 so we can play them again in Pasadena.
Don't think they will uphold their end of the deal, but I don't see any reason they can't win their division and play in the SEC championship game.
That d line is going to keep them in every game.
If the rest of that team mans up, smartens up and cuts down on their entitlement issues, they should have a good year.
FSU is going to beat them, but I also think we beat FSU to go 12-0 into ACCCG and then we get to beat FSU again.

Florida is gonna handle UGA. UGA's defense will make driskel look like Aaron Rodgers and their defense will do enough to hold their offense in check. Same goes for USCe.

Yep. USC will quit early, like last year. They could easilly beat UGA and LSU. I bet they go 2-1 against these three teams and guess what, that is their whole SEC season. FSU will implode so that's winneable. The Gatas can be a sorry *** 10-2.

I'm hoping that us outting them will contribute to a collapse. Would love to see QB controversy, and a ton of losses. Will be rooting against the Gaytors every Saturday!

I expect four more losses for them. Georgia, LSU, USCe, and likely FSU. Defense will keep them in it but not enough.

their dline will feast on usce who are extremely overrated....On defense Skai Moore looks to be one of USCE best lbs...and he is a true fresh....that aint saying much...UF can run the balld own their throats imo.

UF may lose 3 games this yr.....

You may be right Go. I single out USCe because I don't trust them either. But as long as Driskell is taking snaps for UF, the other team is always in it. I give it to USCe this year because its a home game for them. Could definitely be a toss-up.

Advertisement
As of right now no one knows how good FSU really is they have athletes too so im not ready to pick that game yet…UF has major problems on offense and all that turnover luck they had last year vs good teams seems not to be there this season thus far…we will see in the coming weeks

Advertisement
Back