How good is UF really?

LOL @ people downplaying our win now.

7 win team?

STFU seriously.

Enjoy the win. UF will be a 9 win team. Their defense is easily top 3 in the country. This passive aggressive cane hate is tired as ****.

And this is coming from a dude who posts on a board where that's all there is. It's everywhere, Heg. LULZ.

Advertisement
They will be good enough to kill aTm and Manziel.

IMHO they stomp on GA and USCe. I don't think their offenses are much better than UF's after watching their game yesterday, but the UGA and USCe defenses don't hold a candle to what the Gator's are trotting out there.

IMHO they stomp on GA and USCe. I don't think their offenses are much better than UF's after watching their game yesterday, but the UGA and USCe defenses don't hold a candle to what the Gator's are trotting out there.

I always laugh at all that SEC defense talk. South Carolina and Georgia's defenses both look like sieves. There are 3 good defenses in the SEC. The rest are puke.

The 2013 UF team reminds me of our 2003 team, championship caliber defense, but an offense that will keep every opponent in the game.

In reality, UF won last year using exactly the formula they showed yesterday, a great and opportunistic defense, and an offense that wore you down. They just couldn't punch it in yesterday because our grown *** men decided it wasnt going to happen. We beat them and whether they win 3 games or 10 games, they can suck it and stare at the scoreboard.

Advertisement
Spot on. Problem is with a banged up OL and if they do have Driskell run more, he'll be taking even more hits, which I think will make him even more inaccurate of a passer, if that's possible. Anyways, sucks for them. And, as good as their D is, they only generated one turnover, on a woeful decision by Mo, so there's that. Our D was more effective. Fack 'em for not playing us anymore, I won't think about the Gator for the rest of the year.

Their D only created one turnover because we were playing to limit mistakes.

I suspect they won't play against many stouter run defences than the one they played yesterday - their O is obviously heavily reliant on the running game.

I see them grinding out 8-9 wins this year with that running game and that D (especially that D-line - good god).

I don't think it can be underestimated how huge a win yesterday was for the Canes. Huge for our national exposure, huge for recruiting, huge for Golden - it's a win he can hang his hat on and say "Look, what I'm doing is working" (if there are any doubters still lingering of course!). UiF is a **** good team, purely on how much talent they have on the roster.

I always laugh at all that SEC defense talk. South Carolina and Georgia's defenses both look like sieves. There are 3 good defenses in the SEC. The rest are puke.

Think anyone in the national media will point out that the #6 team gave up 40+ points on D, or because their defensive players look the part and they're in the SEC will the status quo be 'they have a good D'?

Advertisement
LOL @ people downplaying our win now.

7 win team?

STFU seriously.

Enjoy the win. UF will be a 9 win team. Their defense is easily top 3 in the country. This passive aggressive cane hate is tired as ****.

And this is coming from a dude who posts on a board where that's all there is. It's everywhere, Heg. LULZ.

Boards are boards.

Most people suck anyway.

Gator fans will tell you "Miami got lucky", "our QB cost us the game"....

Please.

Miami took this game. Our offense could have been better but all summer long we were told our defense ******* sucks and can never improve.

Our offense has a brand new OC. We won.

Savannah State, USF and Georgia Tech should only help our new OC.

I'm reveling in this win. Reveling.

The Gators D is really good. Offense not so much. I hope they have a season similar to last year. If they end up with 4 or more losses, it totally ruins this win and would end up not being such a big game.

Advertisement
Florida's biggest problem is they will lay every single on their defense, as they look like they are incapable of coming from behind in games.

With Muschamp they are something like 3-10 when the opposing team scores 3 or more TDs.

To go from unranked to the MNC game is tough to impossible, and frankly, as of right now, we are not quite there yet anyway. However, we are and always will be in a recruiting war with Florida, so my preference is that they lose at least a few more games.

The Gators D is really good. Offense not so much. I hope they have a season similar to last year. If they end up with 4 or more losses, it totally ruins this win and would end up not being such a big game.

Nothing, and I mean NOTHING will ruin this win!!!
WE BEAT THE gators PERIOD!!!

Advertisement
Their dline is nasty...if a team can block them like we were able to in the first quarter, lots of holes open up. Other than their dline, not really that impressed. They'll win quite a few games but I don't see them beating any of the top sec teams with Driskell back there.

Not impressed with their secondary? Lol

Their defense is legit. They are big and fast. Our offense will probably be the best offense they face all year.

Advertisement
Back