How good is UF really?

BlackKeysFan

Sophomore
Figure since we wont have a competitive game again for 4 weeks, its good food for thought to wonder a little bit about the team we beat today. How good do we think Florida really is?

Honestly, I hate to say it but I was extremely impressed by them. I think they still end up a top 10-15 team with 2 quality SEC losses. Not alot of teams are going to be able to score on them. The D-line in increidble and pretty deep, the linebackers are great sideline to sideline and the secondary lived up to the hype IMO. I think they have some O-line problems and I don't know if there is a short term solution. They probably were doggin pretty hard in that heat, which they won't have to face again, but our D-line had to deal with it too and we gave them a ton of trouble up front. The Wr's arent special but between Burton, Dunbar, and Poole, they were more than competent to have more success than they ended up having. Do they even have a tight end? Sure they couldn't score, but you have to think just mathematically they probably won't have 3 red zone TO's every week.

Its cliche but it all comes down to Driskel for them. I think they need to run him more, I was surprised by how little designed runs they called for him. That would have been a great way to slow down our pass rush. He isn't a very smart QB so I'd give him less things to think about. He is a tank in the open field, I think without Brissett though now they are more hesitant to run him.

They have some nasty talent. Urbans last class there was unreal. But I think they have a real corch and look forward to watching SC UGA and hopefully Tenn and Vandy start putting it on them in the SEC. I don't care if it diminishes the value of the win if they suck, I want them to lose them all. But truth be told, I think they are pretty **** good. Best win we've had since I can't even remember.

Advertisement
Their dline is nasty...if a team can block them like we were able to in the first quarter, lots of holes open up. Other than their dline, not really that impressed. They'll win quite a few games but I don't see them beating any of the top sec teams with Driskell back there.

Advertisement
I expect four more losses for them. Georgia, LSU, USCe, and likely FSU. Defense will keep them in it but not enough.

Advertisement
Their defense is deep and extremely talented. One of the best in the country and possibly THE best defense in the country. After the 1st quarter we got manhandled up front with our O-line that continues to not be able to run against the better teams.

Their Defense will win them a lot of games.

Their offense will lose them a few. Dink and dunk with a bonehead QB is not a good combination.

How good is UF really?

That is a good question.
I did not think they were any good last year and they were a few lucky bounces away from playing for a National Championship.
This year they look worse on offense but their Defense and Special teams look fundamentally sound. It will be interesting to see how they do against Georgia and South Carolina. If I had to say right now what their results in those games would be I would say losses. But their defense is better than both of those squads so who knows???? They can keep those games close and anything can happen after that.

Last edited:
Advertisement
LOL @ people downplaying our win now.

7 win team?

STFU seriously.

Enjoy the win. UF will be a 9 win team. Their defense is easily top 3 in the country. This passive aggressive cane hate is tired as ****.

Spot on. Problem is with a banged up OL and if they do have Driskell run more, he'll be taking even more hits, which I think will make him even more inaccurate of a passer, if that's possible. Anyways, sucks for them. And, as good as their D is, they only generated one turnover, on a woeful decision by Mo, so there's that. Our D was more effective. Fack 'em for not playing us anymore, I won't think about the Gator for the rest of the year.

Advertisement
Ask Muschamp. He has no clue right now.

/isn't that great!

Ha ha! Not sure he has a clue about much of anything. I hope he stays at UF for decades. How do you not take the extra point, and FG on 4th down in the 1st half? Pure stupidity along with only having one timeout for the closing minutes of the game. Golden has no such game management deficiencies.

This thread will provide a great opportunity for UM fans to gradually start chipping away at that glorious win in their typical buzzard-like fashion. Before you know it, uf@g will be no better than fau. Didn't take long for the high to wear off. LULZ

They are not very good at all. Their defense is ok, our play calling was atrocious.

their defense is great and you are atrocious. Thought I escaped your brilliance when I left fermans whack *** site.

Advertisement
Back