How good is Nesta ?

I’ve posts this before, when kids in HS running rampant dominated .
BOOM in D1 first day they’re given a phone book size playbook with software of just basic plays on O or D .
Then in there first practice they see pure HAUS STUD DUDES juniors/ seniors that dominate them and they FREAK .
That’s when there vulnerable to JW syndrome, they have no idea of WORK TRAINING they’ve toad on laurels and popularity.

In D1 laurels you mop the floor with PRODUCTION RULES .

LAURELS, ENABLES, JW ‘s, CRY ROOM , FEMINIST TYPES FALL by the way side

or the team does if they stay like we’ve seen.

GOCANES
Yea his film was bullrush. But this is the year a Dt takes his steps. Thing is it seems like he's just bullrush which can work in college when u are surrounded by studs. I don't think he will play to the hype but he still can be pretty productive with this garbage schedule. I prefer my dts explosive and athletic.....like my prototype would be like an Ed Oliver but those guys don't come here.

Advertisement
Yea his film was bullrush. But this is the year a Dt takes his steps. Thing is it seems like he's just bullrush which can work in college when u are surrounded by studs. I don't think he will play to the hype but he still can be pretty productive with this garbage schedule. I prefer my dts explosive and athletic.....like my prototype would be like an Ed Oliver but those guys don't come here.

I really believe this @Dwinstitles , this is his / our D’s year.
Who will get double teamed a very dangerous decision opponents will have to deal with, edge rushes? Nesta? do you max protect all game which limits your options.

Opponents will have 21/2 seconds to deal with pressure OH WHAT A FEELING to have when your D has free rain.

NESTA his year to dominate 🙌

GOCANES

I really believe this @Dwinstitles , this is his / our D’s year.
Who will get double teamed a very dangerous decision opponents will have to deal with, edge rushes? Nesta? do you max protect all game which limits your options.

Opponents will have 21/2 seconds to deal with pressure OH WHAT A FEELING to have when your D has free rain.

NESTA his year to dominate 🙌

GOCANES
I want him to kill it. His attitude and swag can get this university the attention it needs.

Advertisement
He was overhyped big time coming out of HS.

He’s got one good move - the bull rush.

That’s it.

He’s also incredibly soft and mentally weak.

It’s do or die this year for him.

I respectfully COMPLETELY disagree.

Yes he can and probably will do a lot better baring further injuries.

He's a DT not a DE so he doesn't require a number of moves beyond, holding your position, pursuing and yes the bull rush. So that comment is meaningless.

As for his mentality beyond something you read somewhere by someone else who doesn't really know....you are frankly clueless.

He should be a valued and effective player for us this year

His has a HC who was a halfass DC and replaced himself with the dude who replaced him at his last stop. I don't know it his position coach was worth a crap or not but I find it hard to blame players when the growups making 6 and 7 digits suck. Certainly we are not seeing much on the field anywhere. He does not look like Big Daddy, Warren, Jerome, Russell or Tez, that is for sure, but who were their Dline coach and DC? Are their AA in the secondary? Any LBs running 4.3 or 4.4? Any future NFL HOFer in the middle at LB or Safety? We have had at least three soft *** coaching staffs in a ROW, why would the team be some form or rock formation?

Howard is not out there drilling holes in kids heads with his glare. JJ is not taking Jerome Brown to the ground by his grill, standing over him and screaming to stop talking plays off in practice. Brothers are not having fistfights on and off the practice field. Assistant coaches are not having thier aholes pucker because Butch Davis walked by grunting at them. Our coaches have sucked for 18 years and the biggest set of balls were being carried by a midget little ***** president. Soft? **** yes they are all soft but it is not their fault.

Advertisement
Nesta has a lot of play like this that don’t go on the stat sheet too. I think he should be pretty good this year, dts usually are at their best as upperclassmen

DT is the hardest position to contribute as an underclassmen. Especially since NS isn't a freak athlete. I've always expected this year to be his breakout year. Having elite DE will help with that too. If our DE do close to as expected and Nesta still doesn't have a breakthrough year, then threads like this are justified.

This is why you have to evaluate on your own. Nesta won with power and effort in HS. He projected as a nose who could push the pocket and make plays in pursuit. He was never the quick, agile penetrating 3-tech type. I don't care what his stats were against HS kids or how many stars 247 gave him.

Don't even get me started on five star Lingawd and these fans...
Actually I would love to hear your assessment of Lingawd. Well?

Nesta has a lot of play like this that don’t go on the stat sheet too. I think he should be pretty good this year, dts usually are at their best as upperclassmen

NFL-bound UM defensive end Jon Garvin, who spoke with a Dolphins coach at the NFL Combine, was asked in Indianapolis this week if there’s a player on the Hurricanes that he feels “isn’t getting the love that he should be considering the impact he had this year for you guys?”

“The first name that comes to mind is Nesta Silvera,” he said. “He’s not getting the love he deserves, but he’s a bad dude. And he will be.”

What stands out with Silvera, Garvin said, is his ability to move “people out of the way. You’ll see him. You could see it from film this year, from when he was a freshman and you’ll see it again next year.”

Advertisement
Advertisement
His has a HC who was a halfass DC and replaced himself with the dude who replaced him at his last stop. I don't know it his position coach was worth a crap or not but I find it hard to blame players when the growups making 6 and 7 digits suck. Certainly we are not seeing much on the field anywhere. He does not look like Big Daddy, Warren, Jerome, Russell or Tez, that is for sure, but who were their Dline coach and DC? Are their AA in the secondary? Any LBs running 4.3 or 4.4? Any future NFL HOFer in the middle at LB or Safety? We have had at least three soft *** coaching staffs in a ROW, why would the team be some form or rock formation?

Howard is not out there drilling holes in kids heads with his glare. JJ is not taking Jerome Brown to the ground by his grill, standing over him and screaming to stop talking plays off in practice. Brothers are not having fistfights on and off the practice field. Assistant coaches are not having thier aholes pucker because Butch Davis walked by grunting at them. Our coaches have sucked for 18 years and the biggest set of balls were being carried by a midget little ***** president. Soft? **** yes they are all soft but it is not their fault.

I think I see which way you're leaning . . .

The inverse situation is why I think Elijah Roberts, after a year of development, will outperform his 3* ranking (247, last I checked) and projection as a 3Tech.
I couldn't agree more. Roberts as a red shirt Soph is going to blow up. You heard it here first.

Nesta posted a picture the other day...he looks like he can play LB. Look like he lost weight...not sure if its a good thing, but he is in better shape

Advertisement
Back