How good is Nesta ?

Who's the last DT that came in as a freshman and dominated? Ed Oliver comes to mind but who else?
Wish I had kept the link, but a few years ago I did some draft research and the conclusion of about a 1000 word post was that Year 3 is the critical year for a college DT. R Soph or True Junior. If they haven't developed by then, you're unlikely to see a jump. Some flash really well their Soph year, but it's rare. I think Nesta's biggest issue is perception. As others have stated, my hope has been he'll become Kendrick Norton; not Jerome Brown.

Advertisement
I still haven’t seen one person provide a valid argument against @nystateofmind claim. I don't think he’s overrated but I do think once his initial push doesn’t work he struggles. Also he doesn’t always seem engaged when he goes for a while without making plays. If the defense is rolling then he’s bringing the energy consistently. I think he will be much better this year

This is facts , I posted this the past season and I was attacked , to the point I cried.

He has to fix his body and learn more than a bulrush , he’s not big enough or strong enough to just bully people. I do think he’ll have a lot better year this season , but I don’t think he’s been underwhelming here.

I said he would a be a solid 1 technique when we were recruiting him and that’s what he is. People expecting Warren Sapp but he more Kendrick Norton.
. He has a long way to go to be as good as Norton. He has a chance but must get much stronger and better conditioned.

Advertisement
This is facts , I posted this the past season and I was attacked , to the point I cried.

He has to fix his body and learn more than a bulrush , he’s not big enough or strong enough to just bully people. I do think he’ll have a lot better year this season , but I don’t think he’s been underwhelming here.
😆

He's good. Need to take the next step to be draft worthy the next two years.

Not to thread jack but I think Miller turns into an animal. Very high on his potential - his size and agility combo is elite.
truth of the matter is, everyone is trying to hype up miller all of a sudden to sh*t on Nesta but when in reality neither had a season as a backup player to write home about at dt. Both flashed at various points and times but wasn’t consistent throughout the season. Miller starting to get rj mcintosh sophomore level hype when it’s unwarranted from some posters, he wasn’t even better than what courtel Jenkins was in 2016. We ultimately will see more of what both can do this year with expanded playing time. Ford needs to take the next step too because he should have been more active as well with all the playing time he got over both miller and nesta.

Advertisement
truth of the matter is, everyone is trying to hype up miller all of a sudden to sh*t on Nesta but when in reality neither had a season as a backup player to write home about at dt. Both flashed at various times but wasn’t consistent. We will see more of what both can do this year with expanded playing time
The truth of the matter is, everyone is trying to hype up Miller all of a sudden.

They’re trying to sh*t on Nesta, but in reality neither had a season to write home about as a backup DT.

Both flashed at various times but weren’t consistent.

We will see more of what both can do this year, with expanded playing time.

Advertisement
DTs can take a year or two to be ready to play and contribute. Expecting a high school DT to be ready as a true freshman is not reasonable.

Advertisement
Sad the mope squad and troll brigade have been given another thread to bash one of our own for no reason other than to do it.

What was the excuse a few weeks ago again? He had no U on his Instagram account so he was transferring?

The doofuses on here like the OP who started this thread are one of only two things, trolls or pathetic losers.

The 1 tech and 3 have different roles. The 1 sees double teams more often while the 3 is responsible for rushing the passer more. Nesta isn't going to have the stats a 3 tech does.

You want players like Nesta bc his attitude is infectious. If it wasn't for Nesta, Tommy Kennedy may have been exposed by Florida's DL instead of ours. Dude does his job and is one of the more important players on the team.
I don't think he's saying he sucks more like their is definite room for more shine from him....

truth of the matter is, everyone is trying to hype up miller all of a sudden to sh*t on Nesta but when in reality neither had a season as a backup player to write home about at dt. Both flashed at various points and times but wasn’t consistent throughout the season. Miller starting to get rj mcintosh sophomore level hype when it’s unwarranted from some posters, he wasn’t even better than what courtel Jenkins was in 2016. We ultimately will see more of what both can do this year with expanded playing time. Ford needs to take the next step too because he should have been more active as well with all the playing time he got over both miller and nesta.
All 3 have room to show more shine....

Advertisement
Back