How good is Carol City in 2018?

That Northwestern team was out of control with talent.

The game against Deerfield and Denard in the playoffs remains one of my favorite HS games I've attended.

Advertisement
Brownlee is a dog love his potential.....kid high points the ball has a great frame isnt scared to hit. Think hes going to be a good one.

That Northwestern team was out of control with talent.

The game against Deerfield and Denard in the playoffs remains one of my favorite HS games I've attended.

I would still take Nate Webster’s state champ defense over the 2007 nat. champ team’s defense tho lol.

Product of the talent around him. CC has the best rb in dade...probably one of the fastest wr in Johnson, and 2 other div 1 wr's. A BIG 3 OTACKLE. Lot of the pressure is taken off of him and he has improved.

Yep. Kinda what I figured but wanted to confirm.

Yea everytime they kind of overdue it...with the whole "THEY SHOOTING" stuff at that MNW games. But better safe than sorry. But it looked completely crazy to see all those players running like wild people across the field creating a panic.
There were no shots fired per the local TV stations. The game resumed and all was fine. Someone heard a noise in the stands and panic took over. Its also how our kids are living today day to day in our schools, pure fear and you add inner city rivalry to the concern!.

Advertisement
....Not to reiterate...but how ironic is it I just got done seeing and talking to Legendary HS Coach Bill Geirke not 20mins ago....Talked for a good while....He still stands by what he told me about Willie 10yrs ago....Forgot that Willie broke the QBs arm on the 2nd play of Championship game.....
B. Geirke coached Leon Searcy and Horace Copeland at Orlando Evans....
His brother Skip coached Sapp at Apopka....He did tell me Horace was easily the best Athlete he ever coached.

I would still take Nate Webster’s state champ defense over the 2007 nat. champ team’s defense tho lol.
Nate is without a doubt one of my favorite Canes of All time....talk about absolutely Destroying people....smh...Nobody in UM History sent more people to the sidelines at Greentree than Nate....Practices were like NCs to him....No F-s given.....Hit Edge so hard in a practice in 99, that I didn't think he'd get up.....BrooklynDee will tell you....And if ya talked **** back to him, it was on.....I'm talking right then and there.....

Nate is without a doubt one of my favorite Canes of All time....talk about absolutely Destroying people....smh...Nobody in UM History sent more people to the sidelines at Greentree than Nate....Practices were like NCs to him....No F-s given.....Hit Edge so hard in a practice in 99, that I didn't think he'd get up.....BrooklynDee will tell you....And if ya talked **** back to him, it was on.....I'm talking right then and there.....

I already know lol

Ready To Light That *** Up.....

Attachments

• 30420798_2016874235020978_5199196320135915578_o.jpg
    30420798_2016874235020978_5199196320135915578_o.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 6
Advertisement
Miami...unfortunately

First off, there wasn't a shooting at last night's game. It was a fight in the stands. That's still not good to see, but NO shooting.

On a side note, let's not pretend that shootings only occur in Miami. It happens all over the place. Our inner cities have their struggles, but life in the suburbs ain't peachy keen neither.

I remember being a freshman at Miami Springs when we played the Ridge in the playoffs. I think the game ended 7-6 or 7-3 and the Ridge held us on 4th and Goal from the 2. That Springs defense was sick that year and held Troy to like 40 yards. Had D1 dudes all over the field that game.
That defense was LOADED and mostly made up of cats from round my way. Easily the best high school defense in America that year. Orpheus Roye made it to the league but I think at least 5 other dudes made it to P5 schools. The score was 10-6. The Ridge promptly turned around & **** near opened a 70 pack on the defending champs. Just shows how vicious that Springs D was and how great the Ridge was in the Davis Years...

I grew up with Nate's wife & in-laws, lived down the street from them. Been knowing Nate since I was a 5th grader. That dude has ALWAYS been a maniac...

Was at the game. They are an excellent team. Nayquan is a difference maker and they are well-coached on defense.

I like Jarvis Brownlee. He gave some dude a German suplex and was good in coverage. He looks bigger than his testing numbers, long arms and frame to get stronger.

Greg Moss is their DC. Former DB and assistant at FIU. Cousin to Santana and Sinorice. Went to grad school with dude. He's the goods.

Advertisement
First off, there wasn't a shooting at last night's game. It was a fight in the stands. That's still not good to see, but NO shooting.

On a side note, let's not pretend that shootings only occur in Miami. It happens all over the place. Our inner cities have their struggles, but life in the suburbs ain't peachy keen neither.

Man, I lived in Miami all my life. Don't act like shooting at optimist and pop warner games after losing a bet isn't a thing. It hasn't been that way lately, thankfully, but THAT's what I mean when I said "Miami...unfortunately". Obviously the shootings happen everywhere but its way too frequent for these little league games in Miami than anywhere else in the country.

Advertisement
2010 Central team with Cato Shular Gaines Freeman A freshman Yearby was a monster team
I agree, but that team got better as the season progressed. Once Freeman established himself and gained confidence, he became the Freeman we know now. He had his coming out party against Prattville (AL). Central was **** near unstoppable running the ball. Only thing I hold against this team was losing to Camden County (GA) to start the year. I think Camden County ran the Triple Option though so I understand losing to that unorthodox offense.

Man, I lived in Miami all my life. Don't act like shooting at optimist and pop warner games after losing a bet isn't a thing. It hasn't been that way lately, thankfully, but THAT's what I mean when I said "Miami...unfortunately". Obviously the shootings happen everywhere but its way too frequent for these little league games in Miami than anywhere else in the country.
I understand where you're coming from, and there's truth to what you're saying, but it's sad that we have normalized this type of behavior. This **** has to stop at some point.

First off, what allegedly happened the other night wasn't an optimist game. It was a high school football game. Secondly, I'm not sure what part of the city you "lived in", but shootings at optimist games aren't the common thing you're portraying. Stop that nonsense. I played optimist in the 80's, my son played in 00's, and my nephews play today. In all those years, I can only recall seeing a shooting just once. And that had nothing to do with the game I was at, but just a couple of dope boys settling some ****. Now, fights/altercations on the other hand, are far more common than what should be the case. But as far as shootings are concerned, I can't say that. I can't talk for down south, but I'm speaking on games that I've watched/played at such as Bunche Park, Scott Lake, Gibson, Hadley, Tacolcy, etc.

For what it's worth, I wouldn't change a thing about being born & raised in Miami.

First off, what allegedly happened the other night wasn't an optimist game. It was a high school football game. Secondly, I'm not sure what part of the city you "lived in", but shootings at optimist games aren't the common thing you're portraying. Stop that nonsense. I played optimist in the 80's, my son played in 00's, and my nephews play today. In all those years, I can only recall seeing a shooting just once. And that had nothing to do with the game I was at, but just a couple of dope boys settling some ****. Now, fights/altercations on the other hand, are far more common than what should be the case. But as far as shootings are concerned, I can't say that. I can't talk for down south, but I'm speaking on games that I've watched/played at such as Bunche Park, Scott Lake, Gibson, Hadley, Tacolcy, etc.

For what it's worth, I wouldn't change a thing about being born & raised in Miami.

Ok, I'm going to respect my elder here (you) and just speak on my experience.

I played for the North Miami Dolphins 90lb squad my first year of optimist football (i think they're West Dade Seminoles now)? There was a shootout in the preseason game we played against Bunche Park. 2 of the 10 games we played in that 1 year, there was a shoot out in the park after we played (for the older guys games). I played for North Dade Bulldogs the following year, 110 lb. Our game against Lauderhill, when they scored their 3rd TD of the game to make the score 20-0, a fight broke out and one of the guys pulled out a gun but got tackled before he could fire off. I played in the 2000's.

Advertisement
Back