How good is Carol City in 2018?

FUGators FUNoles

Pronounced Eff Yoo
Got to be thinking about those Miami-Date juggernauts from recent years ...

Northwestern 2007

Booker T Washington 2013

Central 2013

Got to see them all play either on TV or in person ... those three were as good as I've seen in four decades of following high school football closely.

(A buddy of mine insists that Southridge in 1993 was every bit the equal of the three aformentioned teams from The West, Booker T and Central, but I'm not too familiar with the Spartans from that season).

Curious where this year's Carol City Chiefs rank among those teams?

They have been running roughshod on all comers this season.

Really looking forward to seeing the CCHS-Central matchup later this month.

Advertisement
I think they run the table central will be a really good test for them but I still have Carol city in that one.

1. 2007 Northwestern. Played against the 2nd best team in the nation and handled business. I was in the 7th grade when they were dominanting. I remember watching their highlights on Youtube and just being in awe. The offense had J12 at QB, Easterling at RB, and the best WR corps in the nation. The defense was stout at all three levels, especially at LB.
  2. Central 2013. I know they lost to Booker T. that year but Central was the more complete team. Possibly the best offensive line to ever be assembled for a Dade County team. Their Oline had 2 P5 players and 2 players go to G5 teams. The center had offers from P5 schools but chose Toledo I think. The LT went to a D1-AA school I think. They had Joe Yearby and Dalvin Cook in the same backfield. A young Devante Philips at wideout. Lenwood at the slot was underappreciated. Central was dominant in all three phases of the game. Emilo Nadalman is still the best kicker I've ever seen come from an inner city school. Once Central crossed the opposing 45, they knew they were getting at least 3 points from the drive. They beat a St. John Bosco (NJ) team that was still at the peak of their powers. Central dominated every team they faced other than Booker T.
  3. Booker T. 2013. Great, no, elite team speed. Deltron Hopkins up the seam was unstoppable. Cheebo Norris was a great route runner. Mark Walton and #3 at RB made for a good RB tadem. Treon was the definition of a playmaker, he was a pure magician in the pocket. Their defense was small but physical and they flew to the ball. Chad Thomas played DE and DT for Booker T. They flew across the country to play a good Bishop Gorman team and won. They beat the **** out of a Norcross team ranked in the top 5 to start the season. The famous "national championship game" versus Central was one to remember, one of the best games in the history of Dade County. Booker T. finally overcame their crosstown rival. This team had a lot of heart and was well coached.
  4. Carol City 2018. They haven't played any teams on their level yet. American Heritage has taken a step back from last year. Southridge is a good team but they are nothing special. Carol City is a great team but their schedule is hurting their case. October 26 will be telling though, so this is to be continued....

Last edited:
Advertisement
the season isnt over and MNW and Central may take them down. They are a deep team with not much holes on it.

In the last 3 games their defense haven't given up a point. That is insane!

1. 2007 Northwestern. Played against the 2nd best team in the nation and handled business. I was in the 7th grade when they were dominanting. I remember watching their highlights on you and just being in awe. The offense had J12 at QB, Easterling at RB, and the best WR corps in the nation. The defense was stout at all three levels, especially at LB.
  2. Central 2013. I know they lost to Booker T. that year but Central was the more complete team. Possibly the best offensive line to ever be assembled for a dade county team. Their Oline had 2 P5 players and 2 players go to G5 teams. The center had offers from P5 schools but chose Toledo I think. The LT went to a D1-AA school I think. They Joe Yearby and Dalvin Cook in the same backfield. A young Devante Philips at wideout. Lenwood at the slot was under appreciated. Central was dominant in all three phases of the game. Emilo Nadalman is still the best kicker I've ever seen come from an inner city school. Once Central crossed the opposing 45, they knew they were getting at least 3 points from the drive. They beat a St. John Bosco (NJ) that was still at the peak of their powers. Dominated every team they faced other than Booker T.
  3. Booker T. 2013. Great, no, elite team speed. Deltron Hopkins up the seam was unstoppable. Cheebo Norris was a great route runner. Mark Walton and #3 at RB made for a good RB tadem. Treon was the definition of a playmaker, he was a pure magician in the pocket. There defense was small but physical and they flew to the ball. Chad Thomas played DE and DT for Booker T. They flew across the country to play a good Bishop Gorman team and won. They beat the **** out of a Norcross team ranked in the top 5 to start the season. The famous "national championship game" versus Central was one to remember, one of the best games in the history of Dade County. Booker T. finally overcame their crosstown rival. This team had a lot of heart and was well coached.
  4. Carol City 2018. They haven't played any teams on their level yet. American Heritage has taken a step back from last year. Southridge is a good team but they are nothing special. Carol City is a great team but their schedule is hurting their case. October 26 will be telling though, so this is to be continued....

Great post.

All dynamite ballclubs — and NO other inner-city in America could've produced three teams that dominant, let alone two in one season!

Got a feeling this Carol City squad may be on that level by December in Orlando ... It seems like they got about 30 D-I guys up and down that roster.

We'll know for sure by the end of the season since the Chiefs will likely have to beat a great Central team twice — something BTW didn't have to do since they were in different classifications— in order for a perfect season.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Cool fact I saw the other day.

FHSAA State Championships

Booker T — 5

Carol City — 5

Central — 5

Northwestern — 5

No doubt who's on the Mount Rushmore of MIAMI DADE high school football programs. :D

All from the same district. That's crazy

Just wanted to give props to that 1993 Southridge team while on subject of "Best Ever" in Dade County.

The Ridge went 15-0 and walloped defending champion Bradenton Manatee 69-36 in Daytona Beach for the Class 5A state title.

The Davis brothers, Troy and Darren, combined for seven touchdowns and 508 total yards against Manatee.

Ended up No. 5 in the USA Today final rankings.

Cannot imagine there were four better teams in the county that season ...

Just wanted to give props to that 1993 Southridge team while on subject of "Best Ever" in Dade County.

The Ridge went 15-0 and walloped defending champion Bradenton Manatee 69-36 in Daytona Beach for the Class 5A state title.

The Davis brothers, Troy and Darren, combined for seven touchdowns and 508 total yards against Manatee.

Ended up No. 5 in the USA Today final rankings.

Cannot imagine there were four better teams in the county that season ...

I played for Columbus back in 93 and we played the Ridge. Lamont Green was a man amongst boys. We had Brian Griese at QB and they beat us by about 30 points. Team was loaded. At one time before Sedrick Irvin transferred to Miami High they had him in he same backfield as the Davis brothers. Insane.

Advertisement
That Carol City team with Willie Williams...Kenny Phillips and Ricky Jean Francous was as good as I've ever seen defensively...

that team had 4 div 1 lineman. 3 div 1 backers. KP in the backend. And im not talking mid major type schools..were talking lsu, miami guys.

This year CC is good on d as they have 3 div 1 DL (Daxon,Ray, Anaele) . And some players in the secondary like Brownlee (um). Funny thing is they lost a safety to Mnw that likely is a div 1 guy next year.

That defense gets couple early stops..their offense scores and game is about over by the end of 1st

1. 2007 Northwestern. Played against the 2nd best team in the nation and handled business. I was in the 7th grade when they were dominanting. I remember watching their highlights on Youtube and just being in awe. The offense had J12 at QB, Easterling at RB, and the best WR corps in the nation. The defense was stout at all three levels, especially at LB.
  2. Central 2013. I know they lost to Booker T. that year but Central was the more complete team. Possibly the best offensive line to ever be assembled for a Dade County team. Their Oline had 2 P5 players and 2 players go to G5 teams. The center had offers from P5 schools but chose Toledo I think. The LT went to a D1-AA school I think. They Joe Yearby and Dalvin Cook in the same backfield. A young Devante Philips at wideout. Lenwood at the slot was underappreciated. Central was dominant in all three phases of the game. Emilo Nadalman is still the best kicker I've ever seen come from an inner city school. Once Central crossed the opposing 45, they knew they were getting at least 3 points from the drive. They beat a St. John Bosco (NJ) team that was still at the peak of their powers. Central dominated every team they faced other than Booker T.
  3. Booker T. 2013. Great, no, elite team speed. Deltron Hopkins up the seam was unstoppable. Cheebo Norris was a great route runner. Mark Walton and #3 at RB made for a good RB tadem. Treon was the definition of a playmaker, he was a pure magician in the pocket. There defense was small but physical and they flew to the ball. Chad Thomas played DE and DT for Booker T. They flew across the country to play a good Bishop Gorman team and won. They beat the **** out of a Norcross team ranked in the top 5 to start the season. The famous "national championship game" versus Central was one to remember, one of the best games in the history of Dade County. Booker T. finally overcame their crosstown rival. This team had a lot of heart and was well coached.
MNW was a great squad. But Deerfield had them boys beat in the playoffs then they went 99 yards. In eight grade I traveled to that game..as a Deerfield native..that **** stung

What’s the scoop with the CC QB Richardson who transferred from BTW? I recall he was not highly thought of last year, but curious to know if he has improved or is just a product of the talent around him?

Advertisement
MNW was a great squad. But Deerfield had them boys beat in the playoffs then they went 99 yards. In eight grade I traveled to that game..as a Deerfield native..that **** stung
After that 99 yard drive with a minute left on the clock, Jacory cemented himself as a Dade County legend. I didn't get a chance to see the game but I heard shoelaces had a great game also, and single-handedly kept Deerfield in the game with some of the plays he made.

Last edited:
What’s the scoop with the CC QB Richardson who transferred from BTW? I recall he was not highly thought of last year, but curious to know if he has improved or is just a product of the talent around him?

Product of the talent around him. CC has the best rb in dade...probably one of the fastest wr in Johnson, and 2 other div 1 wr's. A BIG 3 OTACKLE. Lot of the pressure is taken off of him and he has improved.

After that 99 yard drive with a minute left on the clock, Jacory cemented himself as a Dade County ledgend. I didn't get a chance to see the game but I heard shoelaces had a great game also, and single-handedly kept Deerfield in the game with some of the plays he made.
Yup. Shoelace along with Cassius aka cat daddy and that whole Deerfield D balled out. I think shoe was doubling both ways at CB that game to if I remember correctly

Willie Williams performance against Orlando Edgewater in the State Championship game was without doubt the best HS individual Def performance I ever witnessed....that's almost 38 yrs of lots of HS games....Edgewater Coach (a friend) Bill Gierke, told me Quote "In all my yrs as a HS Coach...I never saw anything like him....Absolutely could not adjust to him.....and Gierkes a HS Legend (and his brother Skip) in Orlando....

Advertisement
Back