How does that game affect recruiting?

The atmosphere last night was the best I've ever seen at SLS. The place was absolutely rocking. I can't imagine that wouldn't help us with recruiting, at least to some extent.

You are right that place was electric but unfortunately that's not the norm and we all know that.

Correct, and so do the recruits.

The OB was never electric unless it was a big game either....didn't stop us before

Advertisement
How could a recruit not see that we are close to bridging the gap and becoming relevant again. If they would just get on board we
can turn this around....ASAP...

Al needs to realize that he can't be conservative and that it is ok to smoke you facking opponent...
Take a page from Jimmy Johnson for gods sake...

Jalen Ramsey for all those who say stars don't matter ...that was a 5* making plays out there.

All them other boys: Cook, Lane, Rudolph from South Florida...

We need to recruit stud defensive players, in the front 7. Grace, Owens and Moten are going to be studs but we need more.

Winning wuld have been better, but last night did look like FSU is dipping and we are rising. Not hard to imagine recruits realizing that without Rapist noles lose big last night. He's gone, one way or another, and Kaaya is here two more years before 1st round pick. We still got out coached the second half, again, but for the first time our staff did out coach a good staff for at least one half.

Advertisement
if recruits actually looked at the players making plays for FSU most of them are from SFL. If they came here we can do the same

We had a chance to finally change this program after a decade of disappointment with a victory tonight. It would've been the biggest win for the program in a decade, would've provided an enormous recruiting boost, and would've represented a legitimate source of optimism.

All that went out the window with the way the second half went. There are no moral victories. The gap between FSU and Miami/UF will only get wider in this recruiting cycle.

That's ridiculous. Miami is getting better. Fsu is losing a Ton of players.

Looks like they're reloading just fine to me.

Guess we'll find out what these kids think when they make their commitments...

Actually, FSU peaked last year. They got some great freshmen out there tonight -- Cook and his boyfriend and Travis. But if they were the monster everyone said, three true freshmen would not be virtually all their offense. They clearly had huge misses in those skill positions the last few years. Next year we have the top QB and if we keep those RB recruits, the best stable of runners. They still have the better coaching staff, but without Rpaist, they was just another team. We win in Tally next year--even with Al.

This is the truth here. Notice their QB depth is terrible. Their run is over after this year. Jameis will be "advised" to leave, and all those skill guys will have poor or unproven QB's. I think they will regret missing on Treon. Our time is near and Folden can't even hold us back from beating them.

It didnt help but it didnt hurt us, since it was a close game and it was one or two plays for the game to go into out favor, these kids arent stupid they saw FSU barely won the game, but it would have really helped for us to get the win

I was wondering the same thing.
Positives:
* Packed Sun Life Stadium
* Legit big time college rivalry atmosphere
* A dominant first half performance minus the miscues
* Almost upset the #3 team in the country
* A potentially great QB at the helm for the next few seasons

Negatives:
* Completely outcoached in the 2nd half
* Zero pass rush
* We lost.

Will they view us as the up and coming program or just the 2nd best team from the state of Florida in the ACC?

Advertisement
Cam posted this pic on stateoftheu.com
image.jpg

It showed recruits that they could possibly be that player that changes the outcome of that game and puts this team as a serious contender. Plus I'm sure for the guys from Miami it was good to see such support for the hometown team from the Fan base that I been hiding for so long.

IMO it helped both FSU and UM in recruiting. If Miami would've won it would have helped us even more but the experience and the competitive nature we played in certainly didn't hurt us.

Overall I would say it was good for recruiting, just not great like it could've been.

@HamiltonESPN: Of note///“@PBoudreaux56: Very very disappointed in Miami.. Worst recruiting experience ever. Definitely not coming back here again.”

I noticed this during the game. He deleted the tweet so maybe he got hacked or something

Isnt this the same kid who had a pic taken with Dionte Mullins mom? she was saying how great he is, etc?

Advertisement
Do you really think a recruit would really put so much stock into a win or a loss? I can see that if these teams were evenly or closely ranked coming in. But I think they all know how things have been and I think they saw a team filled with underclassmen play hard and get a chance to shine. I also think each one is different and they also want a chance to play.

FSU will benefit because they are still in playoff contention. ESPN will be hyping the playoffs relentlessly and it's alot of free recruiting publicity for the 4 teams that are involved....

@HamiltonESPN: Of note///“@PBoudreaux56: Very very disappointed in Miami.. Worst recruiting experience ever. Definitely not coming back here again.”

I noticed this during the game. He deleted the tweet so maybe he got hacked or something

Isnt this the same kid who had a pic taken with Dionte Mullins mom? she was saying how great he is, etc?

Yes it is. That's why I'm thinking somebody got hold of his phone.

Advertisement
Sometimes kids think we don't kiss their *** enough. I've heard of that happening, but a long time ago. I suspect Boudreau did not write that, or else, why would he delete it?

I think this game was a solid plus.

if recruits actually looked at the players making plays for FSU most of them are from SFL. If they came here we can do the same

Thats what killed us. Cook, Rudolph and Lane were a huge reason to why FSU won that game. All 3 of them should have been playing in a Miami uniform last Saturday.

We land those 3. Miami wins last Saturday. Hurts but its true.

This game was a plus in recruiting yes. Would have been double the plus if we won. But recruits did see that opportunity though to be that 1 or 2 players that can change that outcome. They know Miami is on the cusp.

Advertisement
Back