How does that game affect recruiting?

tomi

Freshman
Premium
I know that we lost but do you think that game may have actually help us recruiting wise? Kids now see that we are building something down here and that may convince them to get on board. Also for the kids who came out of state, the atmosphere was ******* terrific! hopefully they think that this will happen every game.

Advertisement
We had a chance to finally change this program after a decade of disappointment with a victory tonight. It would've been the biggest win for the program in a decade, would've provided an enormous recruiting boost, and would've represented a legitimate source of optimism.

All that went out the window with the way the second half went. There are no moral victories. The gap between FSU and Miami/UF will only get wider in this recruiting cycle.

We had a chance to finally change this program after a decade of disappointment with a victory tonight. It would've been the biggest win for the program in a decade, would've provided an enormous recruiting boost, and would've represented a legitimate source of optimism.

All that went out the window with the way the second half went. There are no moral victories. The gap between FSU and Miami/UF will only get wider in this recruiting cycle.

That's ridiculous. Miami is getting better. Fsu is losing a Ton of players.

Looks like they're reloading just fine to me.

Guess we'll find out what these kids think when they make their commitments...

Advertisement
@HamiltonESPN: Of note///“@PBoudreaux56: Very very disappointed in Miami.. Worst recruiting experience ever. Definitely not coming back here again.”

I noticed this during the game. He deleted the tweet so maybe he got hacked or something

Last edited:
It's over our coaching staff, ugh. But I think it won't hurt us with anyone that was committed or strongly considering us (scarlett, lewis, etc.), very unlikely we get the longshots since we lost (rasheem).

Advertisement

Looks like they're reloading just fine to me.

Guess we'll find out what these kids think when they make their commitments...

Actually, FSU peaked last year. They got some great freshmen out there tonight -- Cook and his boyfriend and Travis. But if they were the monster everyone said, three true freshmen would not be virtually all their offense. They clearly had huge misses in those skill positions the last few years. Next year we have the top QB and if we keep those RB recruits, the best stable of runners. They still have the better coaching staff, but without Rpaist, they was just another team. We win in Tally next year--even with Al.

Offense was too conservative in the second half but im sure we locked up a our rb haul .kaaya played a decent game and great first half but don't know what that does for future receivers.

@HamiltonESPN: Of note///“@PBoudreaux56: Very very disappointed in Miami.. Worst recruiting experience ever. Definitely not coming back here again.”

I noticed this during the game. He deleted the tweet so maybe he got hacked or something

I doubt his twitter was hacked, it was more of a Freudian slip on his part. The 247 sports has him heading to ND or UF so I could see him bashing his UM visit. Funny thing is he plays at Bishop Moore HS in Orlando with one of Ray Lewis's sons.

2016 OL Park Boudreaux
http://247sports.com/Player/Parker-Boudreaux-42650

Go Canes

Advertisement
I know this game didn't help our chances of getting elite d-lineman

UM's Defensive system is based on massive 2 gap Dlinemen with high Football IQ, whom are generally not considered elite dlinemen by average UM fans. For instance on some of FSU's screens the NT should have felt/recognized it was screen an broke of their bull rush an instead dropped into the throwing lane for the screen by locatig the RB in the flat. Or if the NT feels they can't get to te QB, ten put up their hands to bat down the ball, something Wyche neglected to do tonight unfortunately. But things like this can be seen in a fundamentally sound DT/NT's highlight film.

For instance take a look at 2015 NT David Ryslik's Sr Yr Highlights, he knocks down a few passes with his long arms.
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/831404/highlights/161072378

Go Canes

Last edited:
Kayaa showed he's legit. That's how it helps recruiting. The most important position is locked up for 2 (hopefully 3) years

boat-crash-o.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back