How does Blake James get fired?

A young AD from a mid-major program or a number 2 from a flagship will come to Miami. Heck, Jarmond was at Ohio St. and went to Boston College and they are a bigger trainwreck than we are.

Advertisement
Not that it matters but at least the bold one above is gainfully employed, hired Chris Beard, can read and write and doesn't *** trannys.

Yes, but extending Randy Shannon is hardly forgivable.

Paul Dee knew what he was doing. Definitely. He did more with no money than any AD in the history of UM.

The other guys sucked, but you’re wrong about Paul. If Paul EVER had the budget and resources blake James has NOW? We’d have natty caliber programs in three sports

OK. So then you agree with the hiring and extending of Larry Coker? Perhaps you agree with Paul Dee when he hired Randy Shannon? I stand behind my statement. He was successful because the program had buzz and coaches actually wanted to coach for us back then.

How does Blake get fired?

I was going to joke, "Two cans of Kerosene at 3:00 AM" but that would correctly be considered inappropriate - even as a joke.

So I won't say that.

Advertisement
Empty stadiums are money losers and an EMBARRASSMENT. Flying banners are an EMBARRASSMENT. The BOT can take losses for decades but they don't like EMBARRASSMENT.
As long as donations, not football related, keep flowing in, they’re not embarrassed. Most SEC schools are football centric or at least a good portion of donations are fueled by football and athletics.Miami not so much. Too many good schools of learning, Med, Law, Music, Architecture, Ed, etc that have big Donors giving for years, regardless of the ineptitude of football. Loss of tix revenue and flying banners stings, but until legacy donors are embarrassed, it status quo.Again, Big Money Talks, publicity stunts walk.

Because the people in power (BoTs and big money boosters, like Paul Dimare) wanted someone they could easily control, a puppet if you will. He’s appealing to them because he isn’t going to push back or rock the boat.

Nailed it!

Blake is a yes man, and thats the only reason he was hired. They're not going to go hire someone successful who actually has a plan because said person won't give a **** about what some BOT wants.

Something needs to be done because we have become a joke in sports.... Besides Track and womens bball (even with these 2 no publicity shown) everything has been a drop off. This is unbelievable. This man has to go!

Advertisement
Blake James is a mediocre AD.

Blake is an atrocious AD but this isn't the point.

But he's not the problem, he is the symptom.

It one of two but the obvious solution is the same.

1. Blake James has been the decision maker and he is the reason our results have been awful. If this is the case, Blake James should have been fired (actually never hired) a long time ago.

or

2. Blake James is a puppet, he is a face. He has no control/authority. If this is the case, there is no reason for him to be the AD.

Either way, nothing likely changes until Miami brings in a passionate, competent AD with autonomy.

Another possibility, though unlikely, is if Adidas gets fed up. They can force the issue asserting a breach of contract for not putting resources into the program. No good faith and fair dealing. Just taking the money and running.

Advertisement
Blake is an atrocious AD but this isn't the point.

It one of two but the obvious solution is the same.

1. Blake James has been the decision maker and he is the reason our results have been awful. If this is the case, Blake James should have been fired (actually never hired) a long time ago.

or

2. Blake James is a puppet, he is a face. He has no control/authority. If this is the case, there is no reason for him to be the AD.

Either way, nothing likely changes until Miami brings in a passionate, competent AD with autonomy.

Not sure what you're disagreeing with.
My point is that problem with UM athletics goes way beyond, and above, the clown disguised as our AD.

Until that changes, you will never get a competent and ambitious AD to sign for this gig.

Simply stating that UM's maladies stem from an incompetent AD is, to borrow a Spanish saying, "tapa el sol con un deo (literally covering sun with outstretched finger)".

Not sure what you're disagreeing with.
My point is that problem with UM athletics goes way beyond, and above, the clown disguised as our AD.

Until that changes, you will never get a competent and ambitious AD to sign for this gig.

Simply stating that UM's maladies stem from an incompetent AD is, to borrow a Spanish saying, "tapa el sol con un deo (literally covering sun with outstretched finger)".

The only thing I disagree with is him being "mediocre".

Advertisement
Empty stadiums are money losers and an EMBARRASSMENT. Flying banners are an EMBARRASSMENT. The BOT can take losses for decades but they don't like EMBARRASSMENT.

This is why I was pulling for CMU toward the end. Apparently things need to get extremely embarrassingly bad around here for anyone to notice or take interest.

Advertisement
Back